HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:41 AM
pattystacker
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
Discussion
blade 400 tail rotor

heilo guys. my first post on here.
k, i just bound and spooled up my new Blade 400 for the first time and all was working well except for the tail. as the bird became light on skids, the heli slowly rotated (counter-clockwize, i think) and my tail control couldn't seem to correct it. is there something i'm missing? could it be my tail rotor servo is not working? i'm using a Spektrum dx6i; do i need to adjust something in the program?
any advice greatly appreciated.
cheers
pattystacker is offline Find More Posts by pattystacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:53 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2011
184 Posts
I would say just re-initialize it making sure that its level on the ground. Don't move it till you hear the tone. Another problem I had on my 400 was that the tail belt-drive wouldn't be tight. Just loosen the bolts holding the boom to the frame & pull the boom way from the frame, tightening the belt. Then just tighten the bolts back down. Hope this helps.
Amichai is offline Find More Posts by Amichai
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:20 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
You didn't mention gyro gain? Try that. raise it till it wags, then slowly back off
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69
Old Jul 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
pattystacker
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
thanks guys. i'll consider both these issues. my rotor spins perfectly; it just doesn't change pitch. (so i'm not sure it's a belt issue)
should i be able to see a pitch change when moving the rotor control, before spooling up? (like i CAN see on the main rotor blades)
thanks for your responses.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:56 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
You should be able to, yes.
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:40 AM
pattystacker
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
thanks sirs. i'll do a re-bind and try it again.
thx for your reply.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:41 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattystacker View Post
heilo guys. my first post on here.
k, i just bound and spooled up my new Blade 400 for the first time and all was working well except for the tail. as the bird became light on skids, the heli slowly rotated (counter-clockwize, i think) and my tail control couldn't seem to correct it. is there something i'm missing? could it be my tail rotor servo is not working? i'm using a Spektrum dx6i; do i need to adjust something in the program?
any advice greatly appreciated.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattystacker View Post
thanks guys. i'll consider both these issues. my rotor spins perfectly; it just doesn't change pitch. (so i'm not sure it's a belt issue)
should i be able to see a pitch change when moving the rotor control, before spooling up? (like i CAN see on the main rotor blades)
thanks for your responses.
So just to be clear, you've got the rudder control all the way to the right and it still rotates?

Things to check: tail servo working? - when tail servo is centered, is the slider on the tail shaft centered? (you will have some pitch on the blades when it's centered) - Belt tightness (as already mentioned) - Gyro gain

Good luck
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss