HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2003, 07:17 AM
St Charles Flyer
St Charles, IL
Joined Sep 2002
184 Posts
Where Oh Where Have All the PJS300's Gone?

Okay, I'm sure that someone out there is cornering the market.

Please confess and let the rest of us have our fun too.

Remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

My Wing-E wants some fun!

STL
STL.SF is offline Find More Posts by STL.SF
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2003, 10:25 AM
MKH
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
Nippon Dave emailed me this morning, as I have one on order. He expects them within the week.

www.aircraft-world.com

Marcus
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Old Sep 03, 2003, 11:39 AM
St. Louis Metro
Joined Apr 2003
2,440 Posts
You'll find a guy by the name of Tom religeously flying his Wing-E on Saturday mornings at the Columbia, IL club, proudly displaying his PJS300.
WJ Birmingham is offline Find More Posts by WJ Birmingham
Old Sep 03, 2003, 12:12 PM
St Charles Flyer
St Charles, IL
Joined Sep 2002
184 Posts
I know, I know. He is the one that made me bring my Wing-E over to see his. Now mine won't be happy until it too has a PJS300.

Hmmm, my 20 years in the Army taught me something about mid-night requisitioning.......... I wonder? I guess that wouldn't be fair.

I just hope that the promised deliveries take place with sufficient stock to cover my needs.

STL
Old Sep 03, 2003, 12:20 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,387 Posts
I think they are really neat little motors and obviously popular. I still thin a 20 gram version with a 5 amp esc would be just what is needed for small scale and parkflyer/indoor stuff. Saving weight and providing a tad more power than the IPS motors which seem to die fast.

Pat
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Sep 03, 2003, 12:42 PM
Czech
Joined May 2003
256 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pat Daily
[B]I think they are really neat little motors and obviously popular. I still thin a 20 gram version with a 5 amp .

Sorry,PJS-Indoor-30gram.
Ital is offline Find More Posts by Ital
Old Sep 03, 2003, 12:45 PM
St Charles Flyer
St Charles, IL
Joined Sep 2002
184 Posts
Pat,

I believe that the 300 comes in at almost the same weight as an IPS/gearbox system. True, the size is different.

I do agree that a smaller brushless motor would be great. I think to do it and be cost effective will take some other method of making the BL motors.
Old Sep 03, 2003, 03:34 PM
St. Louis, Missouri
Joined Oct 2000
725 Posts
LOL ... except recently I've been going to Millstadt on Saturday AM's ... no helicopter dudes to deal with there I have over 200 flights on mine this season.

From that graph I may try a few other props on mine. The APC 7x6 sf I currently use gives a fair amount of speed ...

Tom
columbiarcdude is offline Find More Posts by columbiarcdude
Old Sep 03, 2003, 03:57 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Tom: That graph is of the new PJS indoor model. It is essentially a PJS300 with a cooler wind. It should be perfect as a replacment for the IPS.

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Sep 03, 2003, 05:32 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,432 Posts
Based on Pat's early recommendation of the PJS I got one from Dymond. But, then the Phoenix ESC I got needed to be sent back for the outrunner upgrade (Castle is simply the best to deal with). Finally I'm putting it in a TM kit I've had unopened in my workshop for over a year. My motor weighed heavier than the stated weight, at 32g, but that is to be expected I suppose. I don't have time right now to machine a nice mount it can slip into, so I did the CA and kevlar thread to the IPS motor mount stick method. The TM is almost done and should be a lot of fun with this motor. It's about time as my old TM was horribly beat up from crashes. Wings glued together where they sheered off after contact with a tree, fueselage broken in a couple of places, etc. It will be nice to have a fresh looking TM again.

Now, what do I put my next PJS-300 in after vendors have them in stock again ...

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Sep 03, 2003, 05:37 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
PJS Indoor - looks interesting.....

Hmmmm..... That's interesting.... smaller and lighter, then, than the Nippy Black 0508/73 but a little less efficient and with peak efficiency at a lower current.

That one has real possibilities.

ZA, when will the PJS Indoor be available?
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Sep 03, 2003, 05:57 PM
Czech
Joined May 2003
256 Posts
Re: PJS Indoor - looks interesting.....

Quote:
Originally posted by BEC
Hmmmm..... That's interesting.... smaller and lighter, then, than the Nippy Black 0508/73 but a little less efficient and with peak efficiency at a lower current.

That one has real possibilities.

ZA, when will the PJS Indoor be available?
At once,as far as him somebody order.Hobby Lobby?(Sorry,PCtranslator)
Ital is offline Find More Posts by Ital
Old Sep 03, 2003, 10:06 PM
Deland FL
Joined Jan 2003
284 Posts
So would it be fair to say that the "original" PJS 300 wants 3s lipos and will draw 5-6 amps, and the "indoor" does best on 2s lipos aroung 2.5 amps?
jms336 is offline Find More Posts by jms336
Old Sep 03, 2003, 11:08 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
jms336: The PJS300 is best on 2 cells LiPoly and 5-6 amps. 3 cells is too much in my opinion.

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Sep 03, 2003, 11:49 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
Re: Re: PJS Indoor - looks interesting.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Ital At once,as far as him somebody order.Hobby Lobby?(Sorry,PCtranslator)
I will discuss with Hobby Lobby then. Thank you.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC