HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:00 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Discussion
Tacon Big Foot Motors for Nitro to Electric Conversion

Do you fly nitro? Do you have very big airplanes that require a BIG motor? Well, have you ever heard of Tacon Big Foot motors? Maybe not huh. Well, it's ok because these motors are still new in the market. But you may wonder how is the quality huh? Well, let us get to the point. The quality is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Yes! We are not lying! BEST MOTORS for the $$$$$! No bullshet or money back guaranteed. Plus Hobbypartz has no restocking fee if you are not satisfied with your purchase!

hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:04 PM
Joined Mar 2011
13 Posts
I just got the tacon bigfoot 46, can anyone tell me where i can find a manual or anything on how to hook up to the esc, I have a detrum 80A esc but the plugs on the motor are to big to fit the ones that came with the esc
ajabben is offline Find More Posts by ajabben
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:55 AM
USA, OH, Kent
Joined Feb 2011
123 Posts
Nice little trick just to raise prices of exsisting motors

I've been patiently waiting for months to buy a couple more EXEED monster power 60 motors but you've never restocked ANY of those motors. Now I understand why, you've simply painted those exact MONSTER POWER motors green and slapped on a new label with a cute new name BIG FOOT just so you could raise the prices of that entire line of motors, especially the 46 and 60 size ones that I have been waiting so long for! Well, insultng the intelligence of your customers with cute little tricks like this will only drive good customers like myself to other distibutors who don't play such games.
Dissapointed customer.....
spitfirebill is offline Find More Posts by spitfirebill
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:28 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirebill View Post
you've simply painted those exact MONSTER POWER motors green and slapped on a new label with a cute new name BIG FOOT
Have you even looked at the motors? They're not the same at all. The can & bell shape are different, the mounting apparatus is different, the shaft size is different, and the ratings are DEFINITELY different. I mean if you look at the 110's for instance, the old Monster Motors were only rated to 9 lipo cells maximum, and the new Tacon's are rated to a whopping 14 cells.

While the overall wattage limit is the same, that means you can drop in a lot more cells and draw fewer amps, which is a lot easier on your batteries.

Which means they must be using better magnets, glues, and wire.

I've now seen the 90 & 110 flying in big electrics and they perform better than the Monsters.

Personally I love the monster line, but for only a slightly bigger price tag getting these seems like a no-brainer.

I think you're getting your undies all bunched up over nothing, these motors are still cheaper than anything you can find on the market for the size and features.

I'm stocking up on these, because they'll sell out too.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member