HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2001, 11:13 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Spare parts for GWS planes, where to get?

Well, is there a VENDOR that sells spare wings for the TM? Not that I would ever need any because I'm such a wonderful RC pilot! Yeah right you are! Thanks Happy Electric Aero Motoring Best Regards
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2001, 12:11 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
The distributor for GWS is Horizon hobby.
They carry some parts here...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...at=APZ#listing
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Oct 21, 2001, 12:42 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
It looks like Horizon has some of the basic parts. Are there any dealers that handle the full GWS line including all the neat stuff Mr. Lin mentions such as the free flight planes or the prop shaft adapters that aren't even on the GWS site? Horizon lists only one DX motor for sale.

I realize that at the rate Mr. Lin is adding new products it may be difficult to keep up but it sure would be nice to both be able to see everything that GWS sells AND be able to buy it.
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Oct 21, 2001, 12:50 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
DNA,

That's a good reference. Too bad I ordered a whole Cub since I botched the paint job on the fuse. Oh well, I only paid $28 extra and got a motor and spare wings. Not that I would ever need them either.

RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Oct 21, 2001, 12:56 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
Horizon's web site isn't the best at listing things.
They may carry more items and just not list them all
on the web. Try giving them a call. I've only ordered from
them once and that was some time ago. Good service tho.
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Oct 21, 2001, 01:44 PM
Boffin
Victoria, BC, Canada
Joined Apr 2001
3,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Basketcase
Are there any dealers that handle the full GWS line including all the neat stuff Mr. Lin mentions
GWS has had problems getting Horizon to distribute all of its line in North American. The piezo gyro comes to mind. There are dealers in the UK and Europe with everything.

He will be retailing through multiple sources this coming year so we won't have to wait so long for new products. He has also mentioned opening his own US warehouse to service what should be a large market, but has been restricted by Horizon's bottleneck.

You may want to contact Bob Peru at Balsa Products and see what his plans are.

Rick.
rpage53 is offline Find More Posts by rpage53
Old Oct 21, 2001, 05:20 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Thanks DNA and Rick,
I'll try both of those suggestions. I also realize that the typhoon caused problems in the delivery schedule.
Wayne
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Oct 25, 2001, 08:55 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Oct 2001
28 Posts
GWS Spares

Try Hillcott Electronics, I think they stock GWS parts and are based in the uk. Look for their adds in any uk modelling mags.
FemtoFunFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FemtoFunFlyer
Old Oct 25, 2001, 09:48 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
For replacement plane parts, at this point I think you pretty much have to go with Horizon Hobby -- or one of their retailers. They carry the parts such as cowl, wings, etc.

For other GWS parts try Todd's Models. He has been very good at carrying GWS parts soon after they come out. He has the gyro. He also has the GWS R4P receiver with the tiny JST plugs (compatible with JMP ESC's and Westech linear servos). To the best of my knowledge, no one else is selling this new variation on the R4P receiver (or at least they don't list them on their sites). He also has all the props, replacement motors, etc. Todd says he will carry the GWS ducted fan and other new parts when they come out.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson