HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2011, 07:27 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,071 Posts
Quote:
I haven't seen the mentioned videos yet (maybe you have some nice links for us?).
Here is one right from the box. Filmed in Western Norway:
NE skysurfer.MOV (3 min 55 sec)
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:49 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
NE Sky Surfer at Hobby King

just ordered a Nine Eagles Sky Surfer from Hobby King:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Feb 16, 2012, 03:00 AM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
1,945 Posts
Just been looking a the SkySurfer on HobbyKing...

Is it any good or a waste of time and money...

Sean
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:24 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,071 Posts
It's still my little favorite model. Easy to bring, fun flyer, both fast and slow. And a good Thermaler.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:49 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArneHu View Post
It's still my little favorite model. Easy to bring, fun flyer, both fast and slow. And a good Thermaler.
Thanks for the reply
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:02 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Just received my Sky Surfer from HK today. It's all setup and balanced. hope to get out in the next few days to try it out along with the even smaller Sky 500
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Nov 2008
463 Posts
I notices the Sky Surfer come with balance charger, can this charger able to charge a 2s 350 mah or 2s 400 mah lipo?

Thanks
Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:44 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,763 Posts
Anyone tried fpving this?
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
I'm about to order one of these from hk. Only other plane so far is a champ. Which batts should I get so I have a spare. Also what's an inexpensive wall charger for these batts and the micro champ batts
Thanks guys
Febtober29 is offline Find More Posts by Febtober29
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
easily confused
Nashville Metro, Tennessee, United States
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
Mine's enroute right now from the HobbyKing US warehouse. I liked my Sky 500 so well I figured the Sky Surfer with its higher aspect ratio wing and increased area will be sure winner to fly at my usual parking lot.

As far as batteries, I grabbed some Thunder Power 250mah 2S 25C packs from CheapBatteryPacks. Great outfit and ungodly fast plain old first class shipping.

I'll be using my Thunder AC680 charger with a Thunder Power balancing board that I picked up for about $5 from an eBay seller. Any decent computer charger should work, the AC680 retails for less than $60 but there are less expensive ones that'll work fine. That Thunder Power balancing board takes about 2 seconds to swap in place of the stock JST/XH board that's supplied with most of these and I'm now covered for most packs out there, from little 2S guys up to larger 6S packs so it'll be some time, barring a failure, from having to spend anything on chargers.
mu2freighter is offline Find More Posts by mu2freighter
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Count on a fellow freight dog to give some great advice. I flew at AMF for a few years. Now I fly pax and get to sleep at night.

Thanks for the recommendations. My glider should arrive on the 26th so I guess I'll need to pick up a charger and batts. I'm already looking at the next purchase, maybe an alula or speedo. I live about 10 mins from some world class slope sites so that's the next step
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:05 AM
easily confused
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober29 View Post
Count on a fellow freight dog to give some great advice. I flew at AMF for a few years. Now I fly pax and get to sleep at night.

Thanks for the recommendations. My glider should arrive on the 26th so I guess I'll need to pick up a charger and batts. I'm already looking at the next purchase, maybe an alula or speedo. I live about 10 mins from some world class slope sites so that's the next step
Small world, huh? Glad to hear you're doing well in the business. As for me, I was knocked out of flying by multiple sclerosis in 2006, am now confined to a power wheelchair and can't even stand upright without support.

Because of this last, I've been a housebound captive for years since it's so hazardous just to transfer into my vehicle, not to mention I can't take the chair with me on the rare occasions when I must go out for a doctor's appointment. I'm going bonkers not being able to get to R/C fields, or even do the regular errands that healthy people do effortlessly...it's been years since I was even able to dine out or visit a store, I confess.

I'm well on the way with my fundraising blog, Get Glenn Mobile! to get my Honda Element modified for wheelchair access...I'm at over 16% of the goal and rising! Besides flying larger R/C ships I'd also be able to hone my skills in the community as a New Media journalist, augmenting the opinion essays I'm publishing at the American Daily Herald and Chris Duane's cool Don't-Tread-On-Me site.

I'm not adding links since some get frothing mad when the country club atmosphere's disturbed here, but highlighting, right clicking and searching will get you to those spots right away. As a fellow pilot, I bet you can empathize with this situation and hope you'll at least check out my blog.

Thanks and happy flying!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
I cant imagine losing my medical or my health in general. The spoons article really helps to put it in more of a perspective i can understand.

That would be awesome to have a suitable vehicle so you could get out more. Good luck in reaching the goal, it seems like you're already well on your way.

Thanks again for the good advice! Happy flying and best wishes
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:10 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
1,945 Posts
Anybody up-graded to a brushless motor yet?

Sean
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
easily confused
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Just received my Sky Surfer from HK today. It's all setup and balanced. hope to get out in the next few days to try it out along with the even smaller Sky 500
My Sky Surfer should arrive today or tomorrow, but one thing I picked up flying the Sky 500: don't so much move the stick controlling rudder and elevator as apply pressure to it. The rudder especially is quite draggy and too much deflection will make your flying sloppy.

The Sky 500 is a great trainer, not least for teaching the need for gentle control application, and the need for applying back pressure during a turn and a bit of forward pressure when rolling out of a turn. Its small size and relatively large control surfaces tend to exaggerate any overcontrolling in a safe manner.