HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:09 AM
Segelfliegen
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoth View Post
Remaiden complete.!!!.She flies great again.Beautiful day at the Beach today.

Next project is to reinforce the hinge joints in the elevator.At the moment they are fixed with packing tape.Any thoughts will be welcome.
I think it is an important fix due to the two crashes we had a few days ago when we lost control and crashed.
Thanks.
SM.
Packaging tape is fine for this application. I use the same on my 2 meter sailplane hinges without issue. The only upgrade would be to use 3M fibreglass reinforced tape or clear lamintaing film.
studioRS is offline Find More Posts by studioRS
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioRS View Post
Packaging tape is fine for this application. I use the same on my 2 meter sailplane hinges without issue. The only upgrade would be to use 3M fibreglass reinforced tape or clear lamintaing film.
Yep the strapped packing tape is perfect for this, take your time getting it on there right though.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Did you paint the Sky Surfer?
If so ,does the paint chip?.I am thinking on painting the wintips and part of the fuselage.
Thanks
supermoth is offline Find More Posts by supermoth
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:14 AM
Once you taste flight...
Joined Dec 2011
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoth View Post
Did you paint the Sky Surfer?
If so ,does the paint chip?.I am thinking on painting the wintips and part of the fuselage.
Thanks
Used an airbrush with model paint, sanded and used alcohol to prep the areas and other than when the tips scrape no issues.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Aluminum case

Hi all.
Do you know where to find the Nine Eagles Aluminum case for the SSurfer?
I know it is sold as a spare part but donīt know where to find it.
Thanks.
supermoth is offline Find More Posts by supermoth
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:02 PM
United States, MO, Grandview
Joined Feb 2012
111 Posts
Hello, I have not seen that case but I really like how good the box works as a case. I also really like this battery. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22906 I'm going to get another one on my next order. I am also looking to order some carbon fiber and an aileron servo replacement. I need some advice on what to get and how to install reinforcement so my wing doesnt v like that picture above. Also I think my aileron servo is bad and I would like to replace it with a micro servo like skydvjam but keep the rest of the electronics. is this possible? the plug might not match up but maybe I can solder it? I have had some of the same problems as others with the aileron plug coming loose and prop flying off. I unfortunately lost mine and already got a replacement which I applie krazy glue to the shaft first and has worked fine.
mstopps is offline Find More Posts by mstopps
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstopps View Post
Hello, I have not seen that case but I really like how good the box works as a case. I also really like this battery. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22906 I'm going to get another one on my next order. I am also looking to order some carbon fiber and an aileron servo replacement. I need some advice on what to get and how to install reinforcement so my wing doesnt v like that picture above. Also I think my aileron servo is bad and I would like to replace it with a micro servo like skydvjam but keep the rest of the electronics. is this possible? the plug might not match up but maybe I can solder it? I have had some of the same problems as others with the aileron plug coming loose and prop flying off. I unfortunately lost mine and already got a replacement which I applie krazy glue to the shaft first and has worked fine.
I think the wing is suppose V-like the picture.

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Jul 2011
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Y View Post
I think the wing is suppose V-like the picture.

Edmond
meaning ???

pls. forget this comment
GLFaria is offline Find More Posts by GLFaria
Last edited by GLFaria; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: had forgotten about the mentioned frightening V picture!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydvejam View Post
Yes the inrunner bolts right in, I am working to ballance it out with slightly bigger 3s bats, but it flys great with the 350 zippys as well. Just took her out flying with a few more tweeks, and wow, it will sail as well, but it does great nose in dives, and awesome tumbles and snap rolls now. I think I want just a touch more elevator, it is already over twice stock, but it really wakes this plane up, it is a bit twitchy although expo helps that out too. I will try and take some pictures of the guts tomorrow, I also used an old gift card for the servo mounts, works great
It is a little tight getting the stock prop on there, but it is not coming off that easy either then. I was quite surprised that the inrunner BL was a direct bolt in replacement.
Hi Skydvejam,

I`m going on your modification and the motor fits great really, but the question is on the shaft long, on the inrunner is 4.8mm and the stock motor has a 7mm. In my opinion that those 2mm might be missing. Did you secure the stock prop with epoxy or CA? It will be enough? Thank you for response.
Pepo is offline Find More Posts by Pepo
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:05 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
I had a bad crash with my Sky Surfer (all stock) and a couple of pieces broke off of the front of the fuselage. Wing, motor, and electronics are all fine. I want to try to repair it, and I want to use the hot water/steam method to reshape it. My question is, should I glue it back together before or after I reshape it? I would think before. Also, any suggestions on what glue to use? I have several types, including regular CA, canopy glue, Gorilla Glue, and Stik N Seal.

I also want to slow it down a little, will adding weight to the back help with that?

Thanks!
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:12 PM
To invent is nothing... But to fly is everything.
Joined Mar 2006
453 Posts
CG at 30mm from LE. battery long ways up and down, perpindicular to the fus, as far back as you can get it. (back slot) i push the top back into the bulkhead.
SlowAero is offline Find More Posts by SlowAero
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:24 PM
To invent is nothing... But to fly is everything.
Joined Mar 2006
453 Posts
I've broken the front off twice and bent it like yours a bunch. Just bend it back the best you can and go fly. CG 30mm back from leading edge.
SlowAero is offline Find More Posts by SlowAero
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:15 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
OK got it, thanks for the reply! I haven't done the repair yet but I think I will use the Stik N Seal; it worked great to glue together a different foam plane (EPO instead of EPP).
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:45 AM
Once you taste flight...
Joined Dec 2011
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepo View Post
Hi Skydvejam,

I`m going on your modification and the motor fits great really, but the question is on the shaft long, on the inrunner is 4.8mm and the stock motor has a 7mm. In my opinion that those 2mm might be missing. Did you secure the stock prop with epoxy or CA? It will be enough? Thank you for response.
Wow sorry for the slow response, work has had me so busy I have not got to fly in almost a month, it is killing me. Anyways thick CA and kicker worked great for it for me at least, YMMV.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Jan 2011
39 Posts
I use a E10-36 L from Hacker for my little skysurfer.
E10-36 L Use less 4 amp => install thunderbird 6amp.
AR6310 2gram RX with DMSX perfect for FPVsystem no interference and no worry about crashes.

Total weight 101 gram

Fuselage = 59 gram
Thunderbird 6amp = 4 gram
E10-36 L = 14 gram
AR6310 = 2gram
Ultra-Micro Digital Servo 1.9g / 0.04sec / 0.17kg = 4x 2gram
Turnigy nano-tech 260mah 2S 35~70C = 14 gram

The Hacker motor has 150grams punch.
45W 4300KV extra punch to fly 90° up to skyward.
And fits perfect in the motormount.
Ca glue for the folding prop is necessary.
I try it without and I saw the prop flying away.
Hacker motors are much better then made in HK junk.
Fly speed above 70kmh!!!
WiiCopter is online now Find More Posts by WiiCopter