HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2001, 09:50 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,377 Posts
Aircraft Books

I am fortunate that Williamsburg, VA is only 40 miles from Richmond. Yesterday, I drove to Aeroplane Books (in Williamsburg) and dropped a lot of $$ on some great books including a book called Tiger Moth--lots of color shots of TMs. The reason I am telling you all this is that Aeroplane Books has a website www.aeroplanebooks.com and has one of the largest collection of aviation books I have ever seen--be sure and visit their site and call or order from Bill and Barbara. It is a super store. If you are ever in the vicinity, drop in an visit--they have a great browsing room.

Pat Daily
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2001, 02:55 AM
aze
buchanan, mi, usa
Joined Jun 1999
163 Posts
I have purchased books from them several times, I can only tell that they have not only the best selection but also the best service.
They even went out of their way and helped finding sources in Europe for some obscure publications.Their website is a true candy store.Bill and Barbara should be the model for many business to follow.

Oscar Azevedo
aze is offline Find More Posts by aze
Old Oct 31, 2001, 08:27 AM
Joined Mar 2001
5,377 Posts
Oscar

I have been a regular customer of Aeroplane Books for several years too. I remember my first time there and I was asking Bill about a book on the Air Transport Command of WWII that I remember that my father had a copy of when I was a kid. I told him I didn't remember much about it, except it had a lot of color pictures. He said, Oh you mean "Flight to Everywhere" and went over to the shell an pulled out a copy--which I bought on the spot. He knows more about aviaition books than anyone I have ever met.

Pat Daily
Old Oct 31, 2001, 05:07 PM
aze
buchanan, mi, usa
Joined Jun 1999
163 Posts
Pat That is a great example of their service, once I called after hours and Barbara took a couple minutes to answer, it happned that she was outside locking the door to leave for home and she took 45 minutes of her after hours time to answer all my questions and fill my order. I live in Michigan and all my very few orders allways arrive within 3 days max, well packed and with a personal note!
Schiffer Publishing is also a great source and they keep their backorders for over 1 year!

Oscar
aze is offline Find More Posts by aze
Old Nov 01, 2001, 07:41 AM
Joined Mar 2001
5,377 Posts
Oscar

Since they moved Aeroplane Books from CA to Williamsburg, VA several years ago, Bill and Barbara actually live in a house on a small farmette (2 acres or so) and have 3 small Bultler buildings?garages full of books. So they run the phone and email orders right from the house. I think they also go to a good number of shows and exhibit during the course of the year. But they are really good at getting you any book, new or used, that you are looking for.

Pat