HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
So lets say for example your 2.4ghz rf chip is that like a 2.4ghz equivalent of rfm22b?

Can you tune your 2.4ghz antennas with that or is a swr meter the way to go?
I'm using an RF-chip to generate the desired frequency, a SWR-meter to get the reflected power from the antenna and a microcontroller to control the RF-chip (the frequency) and measure the reflected power from the antenna (using the SWR-meter).
Dennis Frie is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:36 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
Did a field test this morning, the choice of location was not the best because I believe the interference was from the power lines. Secondly, the Resistor I added between the video feed line and ground, I believe is causing problems with the Picture HUE. Going to remove it and test again. Another issue is, when I focused the FOV lens, I used features close by, I need to figure out how to set it for infinity. Funny how these problems don't show up during ground testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wvahPgSrDM
Wow, quite different from what you showed yesterday. i have no clue whether that's caused by the resistors etc. or heavy interference.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
Wow, quite different from what you showed yesterday. i have no clue whether that's caused by the resistors etc. or heavy interference.
I agree, I think before I pull that resistor, I will go back to the other park in the hills to make it was not the power lines.

Thanks.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
Россия, Москва, город Москва
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Hello, Dennis!
How to me to change a code in the program? I have a current a sensor on 100 A. To datasheet it is written:
0v =-100A, 2.5v=0A, 5v=100A
alex57russ is offline Find More Posts by alex57russ
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
United States, ID, Fruitland
Joined Apr 2008
32 Posts
Here's a video from my FPV plane with the DIY OSD:

FPV Flying Through a Canopy (8 min 26 sec)

I didn't have the current sensor hooked up with I took this video so it's just showing random numbers. Everything else should be accurate...with the exception of the altitude drift on my GPS.
vasago17 is offline Find More Posts by vasago17
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:19 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex57russ View Post
Hello, Dennis!
How to me to change a code in the program? I have a current a sensor on 100 A. To datasheet it is written:
0v =-100A, 2.5v=0A, 5v=100A
That should be possible. If you set offset to 512 and use it as a 200A current sensor you should be able to get acceptable readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasago17 View Post
Here's a video from my FPV plane with the DIY OSD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcmucsHrekI

I didn't have the current sensor hooked up with I took this video so it's just showing random numbers. Everything else should be accurate...with the exception of the altitude drift on my GPS.
Looks really good, thanks for sharing.
- But I have never seen a GPS with an altitude jumping that crazy, WOW. My altitude-reading is more or less completely stable.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
HOL
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Cool video, vasago17...
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
United States, ID, Fruitland
Joined Apr 2008
32 Posts
Thanks guys

As for the GPS drift, I was able to fix it a little bit by setting my set home delay to 100. This gives the GPS a little longer to find more satellites before setting my home position. I should point out that my unit of measurement on the DIY OSD is in feet, not meters...so my GPS drifts about 10 meters.

The shade canopy I flew through in the video is about 10' wide and my wingspan is about 6'. Luckily I made it through the first time! It's only foam, right? The fly through is at about 6:25 in the video.
vasago17 is offline Find More Posts by vasago17
Last edited by vasago17; Mar 15, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Similair project to your Dennis - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post21010334

Maybe I could take some code from there...I like your data layout way better, but I would like that artificial horizon,..would you help me implement it into your code for our hardware?

He is reading data over the serial port from MultiWii...I'm planning to use Multiwii for flight stabilization..
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:29 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
922 Posts
Quote:
Similair project to your Dennis - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post21010334

Maybe I could take some code from there...I like your data layout way better, but I would like that artificial horizon,..would you help me implement it into your code for our hardware?

He is reading data over the serial port from MultiWii...I'm planning to use Multiwii for flight stabilization..
I don't mind to help and answer questions, but at the moment I don't develope much on the OSD. If I continue to work on the OSD, it will probably be integration with OpenLRS multirotor receiver.

At the moment I work a bit on antenna measurements and spectrum scanning etc. instead
Made this yesterday, almost have a working test-version
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=4711182&stc=1
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Nice gui!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
I don't mind to help and answer questions, but at the moment I don't develope much on the OSD. If I continue to work on the OSD, it will probably be integration with OpenLRS multirotor receiver.

At the moment I work a bit on antenna measurements and spectrum scanning etc. instead
Made this yesterday, almost have a working test-version
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=4711182&stc=1
Looking forward to that: RX, MultiWii and OSD all-in-one.
CheckSum is online now Find More Posts by CheckSum
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
922 Posts
Quote:
Nice gui!
Very simple so far, but it should be an easy and cheap way to use an OpenLRS receiver as a descent spectrum analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSum View Post
Looking forward to that: RX, MultiWii and OSD all-in-one.
So do I
I have ordered a barometric pressure sensor and will try to write some altitude-hold.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
So do I ...Altitude hold for planes? I assume you bought the bmp085...Cool
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,700 Posts
I just had a look at the schematic and the firmware should load on Dennis' design with the LM1881. I will give it a test later today.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter