HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:59 AM
Paraguay, Central, Lambare
Joined Mar 2013
139 Posts
Hi @schugabe,
I would add RSSI to my plane. Is the Spy Hawk of Hubsan. The receiver has a chip A7105 (Documentation: http://goo.gl/LXA3w) and the RSSI is in the PIN 1. I have also bought a BUFFER RSSI from http://goo.gl/X8kYk. Currently I have the SimpleOSD X2 with Melihk v0.18 firmware.
My question is: What should I change in your firmware to run with my Rx?

Regards,

Bruno.
bparini is offline Find More Posts by bparini
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2013, 02:09 AM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparini View Post
Hi @schugabe,
I would add RSSI to my plane. Is the Spy Hawk of Hubsan. The receiver has a chip A7105 (Documentation: http://goo.gl/LXA3w) and the RSSI is in the PIN 1. I have also bought a BUFFER RSSI from http://goo.gl/X8kYk. Currently I have the SimpleOSD X2 with Melihk v0.18 firmware.
My question is: What should I change in your firmware to run with my Rx?

Regards,

Bruno.
Connect the rssi pin with the rssi buffer input and the output with the osd (pin PC2 shown in this picture https://github.com/schugabe/DIY-OSD/blob/master/pb0.jpg ).

To configure the rssi download my version of the firmware, open it in the arduino editor and change to the file config.h there.

https://github.com/schugabe/DIY-OSD/...8/config.h#L83 in these lines the config for the rssi needs to be done. I would start with the following config:

Code:
#define digital_rssi 0 // 1 = on, 0 = off
#define show_rssi 1 // 1 = on, 0 = off
#define show_raw_rssi 1 // 1= on, 0 = off
Compile and upload this firmware to the osd (as described in https://github.com/schugabe/DIY-OSD#how-to ).

Now you would see the unmodified rssi readings in the osd. Write down which number you see with the tx switched on standing right beside the rx. Then switch the tx off and write down the resulting rssi. Switch the tx on again and walk away with the tx until you see a change in the rssi reading. The post your findings here.
schugabe is offline Find More Posts by schugabe
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:41 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
I tried the SimpleOSD X2 with three cameras: The Fatshark CMOS 600tvl, Fatshark RCV922 CCD camera and the gopro hero 2. All showed the same behavior. This can't be planed that such popular cameras don't work correctly with the osd... but MelihK didn't write back to any of my messages so it seems that he does not really care about this incompatibility. Just be aware of this problem when you consider to buy this osd.

Another question occurred today: I added a simple sander style LC filter to the power supply of the osd. This rendered that the osd output was completely wrong. Even a simple Ferrite ring caused to output to go bonkers. With the capacitor connected the image got darker. I can't explain this behavior at all. Why should a filter on the power supply line influence the video output???
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Mar 2013
139 Posts
@schugabe

Thank you..
Now I have almost everything I need. I just have to wait the RSSI buffer will arrive in a few days.

Regards,

Bruno.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:48 AM
Joined Jun 2013
1 Posts
Modify Code for showing a graph

Hi,
I have modified schematic of "mobiDrone nano" for ATmega32. I have downloaded project's codes, but I have problems with "interrupt routine Hsync" part of code. I couldn't understand it.
In my project I want to modify codes to show a dynamic graph of an analog signal (Showing "Ain signal" in schematic file). I would be grateful if you could help me.
thank you in advance
mamreza is offline Find More Posts by mamreza
Old Jul 24, 2013, 04:46 AM
Latvia, Riga
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Hi Deniss
I'm having recently following problem. When I'm on the ground, the altitude from GPS shows correct, like 0 to 2m as it should. When I go up, it starts to do weird things and altitude goes to like -700 to -990m. I cann't understand is it some kind of setup problem or GPS module problem. I only use Tx from GPS to Arduino Nano Rx. GPS works on 5Hz and baud rate is 115200.

Do you have any idea? Maybe I should change back GPS to 1Hz and baud rate 9600 as it is default in your code. I just wanted to be more accurate with greater speed but maybe that could cause my problem. Just got this idea, haven't time to test it.
walkmanz is offline Find More Posts by walkmanz
Old Jul 29, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Mar 2013
139 Posts
Spy Hawk v3 with SimpleOSD X2

My last flight (07/28/2013). Testing OSD and audio from the ground.

Spy Hawk v3 with OSD - Ground footage with audio (17 min 21 sec)

Regards,

Bruno Parini.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 04:38 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
My last flight (07/28/2013). Testing OSD and audio from the ground.

http://youtu.be/ZRPFg-SnNsg

Regards,

Bruno Parini.
The voltage indicator is blinking all the time. Ary you flying with a 2s lipo and have the voltage alarm set for a 3s lipo?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Mar 2013
139 Posts
Hi schugabe,
I run 2S lipo. I wondered why blinks the voltage indicator. I have to set what type of battery use?

Regards,

Bruno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schugabe View Post
The voltage indicator is blinking all the time. Ary you flying with a 2s lipo and have the voltage alarm set for a 3s lipo?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Mar 2013
139 Posts
My voltage alarm is set to 69
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
My voltage alarm is set to 69
This should work for a 2s. Does it still blink with this alarm threshold?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Mar 2013
139 Posts
Yes, blink all time. I have no idea why
Same trouble with the GPS coords. Set to hide when reach 300m but is displayed all time.

Quote:
This should work for a 2s. Does it still blink with this alarm threshold?
Old Aug 01, 2013, 01:20 AM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
I think you have to set #define reset_values in the file config.h. Change the line
#define reset_values 0

to

#define reset_values 1

and upload the firmware again. Currently the osd reads the settings from its internal storage and does not use the newly configured values.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 07:25 AM
Joined Mar 2013
139 Posts
Thanks schugabe,
It set to 0. I will change the value as you mention.

One question:
The measurement of altitude is not accurate. Start in 37m. Why?

Regards,

Bruno.

Quote:
I think you have to set #define reset_values in the file config.h. Change the line
#define reset_values 0

to

#define reset_values 1

and upload the firmware again. Currently the osd reads the settings from its internal storage and does not use the newly configured values.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 07:43 AM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
GPS isn't very well suited to measure altitudes accurate. During the startup of the OSD the current altitude is measured and stored as offset for the remaining flight. If this first value is wrong the remaining displayed values are also not accurate. Set altitude_offset_on_ to 0 in config.h so that the OSD displays the absolute height and not the relative height.