HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:02 AM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
558 Posts
Should be possible to add a pressure-sensor, but it will ofc require some changes in the code. Shouldn't be too difficult though, but I haven't developed on the code for quite some time
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:34 AM
United States, AZ, Prescott Valley
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Lars,
Very cool, ya I'm playing with a barocensor and it is amazing
I'd like to see the schematic and code for your little homemade system !
I think I read somewhere in this 135 + page thread on how to hook up the gps and current sensor but can't find it now
Thanks for your interest !
Rick
RickEis is offline Find More Posts by RickEis
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:55 AM
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Tostrup
Joined Apr 2006
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickEis View Post
Lars,
Very cool, ya I'm playing with a barocensor and it is amazing
I'd like to see the schematic and code for your little homemade system !
I think I read somewhere in this 135 + page thread on how to hook up the gps and current sensor but can't find it now
Thanks for your interest !
Rick
Sorry, its was my flying buddy hvo made 2 for him and me for 6 years ago so i donīt have anny info on this one.

Lars.
LKJ is online now Find More Posts by LKJ
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Dennis,

This is the one I have been playing with
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MS5611-01-MS...#ht_1460wt_929

It is also in the Free IMU http://www.varesano.net/projects/hardware/FreeIMU which I have am putting together with MultiWii - so far it appears to be measuring plus or minus 6" or so...
Maybe we could make a deal - we buy you one - you adjust the code and create an updated schematic for us all

Rick
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,519 Posts
Quote:
Dennis,

Rick
Been waiting for this little puppy to appear on Ebay, will have to wait a little longer, the price is too high for my budget. Thank you for sharing.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:42 AM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Is anyone able to weigh in on this.

I explained my problem a little way up in the thread.

I can get this to work but not with the best sync If I remove the 0.1uF cap and place in a jump and then remove the Pot.

This means there is no AIN0 connected.

If I connect either of these I get no overlay.

To confirm I have tested the POT and it is 50k.

I have attached an Image of my setup with everything connected how it should be.

Please can someone help I'm excited to get this up and running and program in an artificial horizon...

This is what I get when I jump the cap and remove the pot.

sarky1 is offline Find More Posts by sarky1
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:40 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
558 Posts
Hard to tell if something is wired wrong, if the components are right etc.

The normal circuit should work pretty much like this (please note, R3 and R4 is a potentiometer)...

AC coupling the video-signal, eliminates all DC-offset. The video-signal should be comparable to a 1 Vpp sinus (at least for this purpose. Now how come I have used a 2 Vpp signal? Cause I'm an idiot ).

The diodes etc. is used to add a controlled DC-offset. We want the signals lowest value to be exactly 0 or a little higher.

It should be noted that the circuit is very simple. While it should work pretty well, some extra caps etc. to stabilise ref-voltage etc. would be used in an actual design. It have really been designed with KISS in mind

The 0.1 uF capacitor can be quite small, as no load is applied on secondary side. You can try to use a little bigger capacitor and decrease the 100K resistor. Furthermore, it might be worth a try connecting the potentiometer between 5-volt and ground. Might give a more stable reference-voltage, but the potentiometer must be turned almost all the way

Something like this perhaps?
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:46 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Dennis,

It is also in the Free IMU http://www.varesano.net/projects/hardware/FreeIMU which I have am putting together with MultiWii - so far it appears to be measuring plus or minus 6" or so...
Maybe we could make a deal - we buy you one - you adjust the code and create an updated schematic for us all

Rick
Nice little sensor
While I appreciate the offer, I have to say no at the moment. Quite busy at the moment and plenty of things I don't have time for.

You might wanna check with a I2C sensor if it's possible to get reliable communication with the OSD-running. You might be in for a challenge with the timing - it's already tight.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:29 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
Hard to tell if something is wired wrong, if the components are right etc.

The normal circuit should work pretty much like this (please note, R3 and R4 is a potentiometer)...

AC coupling the video-signal, eliminates all DC-offset. The video-signal should be comparable to a 1 Vpp sinus (at least for this purpose. Now how come I have used a 2 Vpp signal? Cause I'm an idiot ).

The diodes etc. is used to add a controlled DC-offset. We want the signals lowest value to be exactly 0 or a little higher.

It should be noted that the circuit is very simple. While it should work pretty well, some extra caps etc. to stabilise ref-voltage etc. would be used in an actual design. It have really been designed with KISS in mind

The 0.1 uF capacitor can be quite small, as no load is applied on secondary side. You can try to use a little bigger capacitor and decrease the 100K resistor. Furthermore, it might be worth a try connecting the potentiometer between 5-volt and ground. Might give a more stable reference-voltage, but the potentiometer must be turned almost all the way

Something like this perhaps?

Thanks,

I have a feeling I'm in way over my head but I'm going to keep plugging away at it. I don't have access to a oscilloscope to test anything also.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:31 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
558 Posts
Can you try to measure the voltage at the test-point I marked "Bias" and also the voltage from the potentiometer going to AIN0?

You have loaded the software, connected the dimming and pixel output right etc. so you should be close
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:39 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Sure thing Dennis, I will be home in 2 hours and check this.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:35 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
So I rebuilt it on the bread board and have it working with the pot disconnected and the cap installed!

If I remove the pot I have 0.32v at the Bias point. With the pot I don't see anything??
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:16 AM
Joined Jul 2008
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legot View Post
Sure! Here are some screenshots of the render and design. It has a few extra headers broken out around the board, which I'm hoping are well placed.

Two I2C connections (for misc sensors), a serial header(GPS, etc) that can be set to 3v3 or 5v, 2 analog headers (for analog sensors/misc),another analog header (with an unspecified voltage divider on it), a PWM digital pin (for a servo, or to give the RC rx control of the OSD, or anything else...), I also added an audio out thing, incase anyone wants to add an antenna tracker to it (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1651310).
Do you plan selling this board? The most interesting thing for me is audio out thing, which I guess works as a modem, have you working software for it?
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:45 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
Do you plan selling this board? The most interesting thing for me is audio out thing, which I guess works as a modem, have you working software for it?
I wasn't planning on selling it, the post was just asking for opinions. Its open source, so I was hoping that after more revisions maybe someone with a small online shop would be willing to carry the PCB.

There are still many improvements that can be made. I don't have the software for the antenna tracker bit, but I am hoping that someone will eventually add it to Denis' OSD program. Jalves already has it working quite well standalone, I just saw a need to add it to the OSD.
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Dennis,
I don't know enough about this.... but what if the sensor is already running on another mini pro which is running the stabilization system for the copter?
Thanks again Dennis for your awesome project.
Rick