HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:48 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
... I've said enough...
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mykro; Sep 29, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:56 PM
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Guys. Knock it OFF.

Lee is helping him. There's obviously something wrong and HGG is upset that his doesn't fly correctly. As far as he's concerned, he has tried everything and when asking for help, got a bunch of "must be your fault" answers.

It's perfectly possible something has happened along the way that only Lee will be able to diagnose. It's also possible that mistakes were made during the build or during production. We won't know until Lee troublehsoots with him directly.

Stop provoking him. Lee is on it. It will be sorted.
banzi28 is offline Find More Posts by banzi28
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:02 PM
SX_
.........lost..........
Zambia, Lusaka, Lusaka
Joined Jun 2005
325 Posts
Ok so to Brighten the threas just a little here is my current status...

IM READY FOR EQUIPMENT! yes there is lam on both the Reaper and HGG, but im taking the reaper and the HGG tot the local signage shop tomorow to see if its worth doing a sticker (full color, full fuse) or maybe some vinyl slashes or something, i would LOVE BLUE DIGITAL CAMO! but we will see!

The shock cord was pretty easy to me, just used a metal rulerand slid it into the slot i cut and poured the baking soda on the side of it and just flexed the ruler and all the baking soda went into the slot, and ca was quick!

Personally the most difficuilt for me was the extreme tape (believe it or not!)some of it kept wanting to lift off the plane after a couple of hours before i put the lam, and i couldnt do it alone i had to ask the future mrs to help, coz the one or two i tried my self looked horrid!

oh and between the reaper and HGG i used 1 bottle Gurilla glue, 2 bottles cyno, one and a bit extreme tape, and almost 3 rolls of laminate(got like 30cm left)

If i dont do the sticker ill hopefully be able to insert my gear this weekend and next week ill be on the farm the whole week so maybe i can do a maiden,,, well see

Willie
SX_ is offline Find More Posts by SX_
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:06 PM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Yea I got my thing of CA glue in today along with some wire to finish up soldering electronics and gluing the rest of the plane before laminating. Though I won't be able to touch it till the weekend..
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:43 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Such a awesome looking wing
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Whats the total wing area end up being with 12 inch extensions? I'm curious about what the final wing loading is.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:23 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
its what 72" wide I believe with the 12" extension.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:11 PM
vau
UK
Joined Jan 2007
252 Posts
Would these wings make good long endurance flyers or are they more geared to speed and fancy flyin? Any thoughts on maximum realistic ranges for this wing assuming it wasn't carry much other than batteries?
vau is offline Find More Posts by vau
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:17 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vau View Post
Would these wings make good long endurance flyers or are they more geared to speed and fancy flyin? Any thoughts on maximum realistic ranges for this wing assuming it wasn't carry much other than batteries?
well i will be able to get about 25 miles on mine im sure you could set it up to do 50-60
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:17 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
its what 72" wide I believe with the 12" extension.
78 with the 12 inch extentions
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
lets just say its big... like I was installing the spars and tossing it around and its hitting the walls of the room big..
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:43 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Whats the total wing area end up being with 12 inch extensions? I'm curious about what the final wing loading is.

The 66" Hercules with the 12" extension has a 78" span and has 1367 square inches or 9.5+ square feet of wing.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,259 Posts
I have flyers who have a difficult time with their first wing and later own everything we make.

There is a learning curve and each plane has it's own personality but there are some basics that are common with new flyers. We will get it figured out.

By the way the Scythe is the most aerobatic plane we sell.

Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:53 PM
vau
UK
Joined Jan 2007
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
well i will be able to get about 25 miles on mine im sure you could set it up to do 50-60
OK, thanks I found your origina post
Quote:
2x 4000mah 3cells
2x turnigy plush 30a
7x5 CR props
What sort of cruise speed would you anticipate to make full range? Perhaps a slightly bigger prop would be better for long range and the cost of speed.
vau is offline Find More Posts by vau
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:55 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vau View Post
OK, thanks I found your origina post

What sort of cruise speed would you anticipate to make full range? Perhaps a slightly bigger prop would be better for long range and the cost of speed.
im using these motors http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-20...s-Motor/Detail and im thinking about 40mph crusing slower if wanted