HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:22 PM
I love to be above the clouds
Joined Aug 2011
326 Posts
what no motor screws or rudder horn screws in the kit ??????????????????
for $255 you would think more would be in the kit.
KellyFPVER is offline Find More Posts by KellyFPVER
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:48 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
You didn't mention that we include the laminate and extra spars and 4 fins. How many places include the laminate and extra spars??????????

We are looking for sources for the screws. I use the servo screws we didn't use on the servos for the horns on the rudders.

Lee

Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Dec 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You didn't mention that we include the laminate and extra spars and 4 fins. How many places include the laminate and extra spars??????????

We are looking for sources for the screws.

Lee

well you show screws in the video builds. just thought it came with them . guess I will just go get some from home dept or hobby store. btw I would have paid a buck or two more for screws lol . just some thing to think about.
ps servo horns packs should come with the screws well at least the ones for the rudders X6 / motor block screws are a different story.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:19 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
I use the servo screws I didn't use on the servos for the horns on the rudders.

The horns we use don't come with the screws.

We are trying to get sources for more of the small parts.

Last edited by Lee; Dec 30, 2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:33 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
There are a lot of things that could also be considered:

Gorilla Glue, glue sticks, extreme tape, trim tape, soldering iron, the screws to hold the motor on the mount, prop adapters, razor blades, CA glue, baking soda, even the radio and electronics.

It isn't as simple as it seems.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:28 AM
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2008
186 Posts
I got my 1550kv cobra motors hooked up today. I am running 2 turnigy nanotech 35-70c 4s 5000 mah batteries, 2 cobra 2217/12 1550kv motors, 2 cobra 40 amp esc, apc 7x5 props, 1 7x5 pusher prop{running counter rotating setup}.At Full throttle I saw on the wattmeter 16.5 volts , 65 amps and 1100 watts! WOW!
radicalron is offline Find More Posts by radicalron
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:14 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFPVER View Post
what no motor screws or rudder horn screws in the kit ??????????????????
for $255 you would think more would be in the kit.
uh, doesn't come with a motor so why have screws when so many are different.. horns are glued in so there are no screws... this has been the same way since this thread has been started and many are still flying including mine so.... yea...
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:19 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalron View Post
I got my 1550kv cobra motors hooked up today. I am running 2 turnigy nanotech 35-70c 4s 5000 mah batteries, 2 cobra 2217/12 1550kv motors, 2 cobra 40 amp esc, apc 7x5 props, 1 7x5 pusher prop{running counter rotating setup}.At Full throttle I saw on the wattmeter 16.5 volts , 65 amps and 1100 watts! WOW!
Wow!!!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:33 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
Here is a link to alternative cameras to a GoPro

http://www.chinavasion.com/action-camera/
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:42 AM
Joined Aug 2011
326 Posts
I found a use for the extra spars and hot glued them into the skid and wing along with using Amazing Goop then hot glued all the way around the skid . that skid is not coming off in a hard landing thats for sure !
I also laminated the skid with extra thick laminate I had laying around instead of the plastic from a two litter bottle.
my wing man is not a very good model even thou it was just his hand lol

my motors both put out 700 watts each a total watage of 1400 watts total thrust is 11.6249 lb with 10x6 props ! on two 4s 40c gen ace 5000mah
Last edited by KellyFPVER; Dec 31, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:55 AM
Joined Aug 2011
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalron View Post
where did you place the batteries ? how far back is your CG
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:04 AM
Joined Aug 2011
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Here is a link to alternative cameras to a GoPro

http://www.chinavasion.com/action-camera/
I dont like the sun glare the gopro has or how boxie it is .
I have this one http://underbid.com/merchant/tfloutl....html?ref=base it lays flat and the head can tilt with a servo and pan with a servo under it . I did do some mods the the camera head. I also hooked up the zoom to the rc controls.. I would not how ever use it as a main flight cam do to the fact that it will shut off if the SD card is used up or its battery dies. it does have av out . I always use a camera switch as a go between.
Last edited by KellyFPVER; Dec 31, 2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:39 AM
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2008
186 Posts
Quote:
I found a use for the extra spars and hot glued them into the skid and wing along with using Amazing Goop then hot glued all the way around the skid . that skid is not coming off in a hard landing thats for sure !
I also laminated the skid with extra thick laminate I had laying around instead of the plastic from a two litter bottle.
my wing man is not a very good model even thou it was just his hand lol

my motors both put out 700 watts each a total watage of 1400 watts total thrust is 11.6249 lb with 10x6 props ! on two 4s 40c gen ace 5000mah
Good idea on the dowels in the skid...What is the amp draw of the motors? Your ground clearance running a 10x6 might be an issue
radicalron is offline Find More Posts by radicalron
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:08 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
693 Posts
Quote:
where did you place the batteries ? how far back is your CG
My new battery bays were tested and flew great yesterday. They allowed me to use a variety of size / shape batteries (3S/4S etc) and still nail the CG. I'm using velcro to keep the batteries positioned and a fiberglass spar for strength during potential mishaps. The bays are big but they work great.
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:11 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
693 Posts
Quote:
You may want to consider a more rigid plastic for the bottom of the skid. It definitely absorbs some abuse and the material needs to be hard as possible due to the constant ground scraping. I'm using some very thin cutting board plastic with great success.
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff