Closed Thread
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:06 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,591 Posts
Alert
NEW BlitzRCWorks Thrust Vectoring EPO F16......BEWARE OF FACTORY BUILD ISSUE

HERE IS THE STORY.......as told trying to get some support from the BH CSR and/or Pete .......

================================================== ======

Banana Hobby STARMAX BlitzRCWorks F16 - FACTORY ASSEMBLY FAILURE order bh18-145641

http://www.bananahobby.com/2149.html

Pete or Customer Service Rep-

I am sending an email to report a major fuselage failure on the elevator on the F16 ordered in order bh18-145641.

This morning at my flying field I had 2 successful flights with much interest from my club members until their was an incident that has now changed their minds.

This plane had 2 flights on it this morning when the elevator ripped off during the 3rd flight causing immense damage and destroying my 4S battery pack.

FLIGHT: Normal flying for first minute or so no issues, came across the deck 10 foot altitude WOT when I saw the white of the ejected elevator.....the plane dove hard hitting it's left side side of belly and bounced 30 foot into air and then lawn darted into the tarmac....ejecting my battery and spreading parts into a debris field.....spectacular it was. Some other pilots gave kudos to the fact that when a plane expires for me.....it does so in Grand Fashion.

I have pictures attached. Please tell Pete, I will also be posting this failure on RCGroups and RCUniverse - so he can read the story and see all the pictures. My field mates will also chime in on what they saw and now think about this product.

I can also send the elevator back to Pete to prove how little factory adhesive there is on the part, which explains this catastrophic failure.

Please advise if STARMAX and BANANA HOBBY will stand behind their product. I will be sure to report out what happens on the forums. The choice is up to Pete and BH now.

Thanks. Please PM me.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Last edited by kydawg1; Jul 19, 2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: add picts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:20 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,591 Posts
Banana.................where are you? You have another product failure.....where is the customer service???????
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:53 PM
ACE
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
any update on this?
MrAdamG is offline Find More Posts by MrAdamG
Old Aug 05, 2011, 06:56 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,591 Posts
I have had contact with CS Rep.....but I have not gotten a replacement yet.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:33 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,591 Posts
Ok, I have to give Kudos to Banana this time. They came thru, backed their product that was faulty and refunded my costs.

+1 in the BH KUDOS column.
Closed Thread