HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:21 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,993 Posts
I dont have a switch on 3gx. And i didnt build or setup this heli. I was running gov mode that i know of , my th curves were 30 =norm , 70=st1, 100= st2 in tx, but i cant remember what that light looked like before crash,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
if gov light is red then you are running on just throttle mode. Have u turned on the switch where u plug ur throttle plug to (ie. AUX 3/4/5)?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:21 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
1,993 Posts
2 test flights say my gov light is ok red. She flew sooooo smooooth also. Im very happy , now to figure out if my extra metal servo horn will go on the tail servo, i wonder why it was the only plastic horn, .soon i will get the nerve to do update 3.0! I dont want to mess up a good thing, happy flying all,
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
550 Posts
heli biggie, if the gov mode light is on red means it is not running on gov mode. i have my 250 dfc setup on the gov mode, which whenever i turned it on (the lil AUX knob on the right next to throttle hold switch -DEVO 10) and when i turn it down, the light will turn red.

my 550e is running on throttle mode at the moment as i still haven't got the programming card/usb for the castle esc yet.....

yeah i'm reluctant to upgrade my 3gxs to v3.0 at the moment too....but apparently alot of good comments about it on piro compensation etc....n i've seen video where piros are so stable ..... oh well, like u said, if v2.1 does us well, y change.......
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:16 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
1,993 Posts
Cool, but i must be running gov mode thru castle esc, cause i run flat throttle curves, i have had so many good experences that im still so new at fixing and even talking about these helis, its good and bad , lol
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:47 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
hmm, well i'm still running version 1 point something in my 3gx.....

Maybe it's time to upgrade, huh. Why ruin a good thing though...
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:35 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Okay, so the 4f200 is SCREAMING now with all the upgrades.... I'm actually using one of my old 2702V units that would lock out on me on the v450. So far, so good. I'm kind of curious if i will experience the same thing on this much smaller, FRP framed heli. The amp draw is likely lower on both the motor and the servos. So i really hope there won't be any issue. I think it's possible that amp draw used to black out the 2702V. Otherwise it was pure dumb luck and bent antennas. I also installed some shrink wrap over the antennas to hold them straight out.

4F200 Airframe with modified 3 blade rotors and Trex 250 blades.
Castle Creations Phoenix 35 Speed controller
Turbo Ace 342, 4200kv, 3S motor.
MKS DS470 Cyclic servos
Walkera stock tail servo
Walkera 2702V RX/Gyro
Trex 250 landing skids. (custom fit)
Turnigy nano 1000 mAh 3S 45C packs

Custom 4f200 - 80% throt. You'll wish your's flew like this! (3 min 53 sec)

Custom 4F200 - 75% Throt & Screaming Still (4 min 10 sec)

Below is a demo video i shot, then added crash clips to. To demonstrate how nice and friction few the new MKS servos are. Also how durable in a crash (or otherwise) they are compared to the stock. Most of those crashes were caused by the CC ESC starting up suddenly or cutting off the motor. (cyclic stays though at least). This video was recorded after the crashes and the servos are still very nice, smooth and play free. Because everyone has heard about stripping the stock servos just by moving the blades while powered down. All those problems and more are just GONE now. I've done a few things which also increased durability to the swash and rotor grips too. Over all this heli is almost dependable these days. It still have wear and tear issues that are likely highly exacerbated by the high RPM the heli is running at these days.

MKS DS470 = Major durability & performance upgrade for custom 4f200 (8 min 39 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:03 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
1,993 Posts
I think im still on 1.2 , if its not broke , dont fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
hmm, well i'm still running version 1 point something in my 3gx.....

Maybe it's time to upgrade, huh. Why ruin a good thing though...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:11 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,067 Posts
Well, for all the $ I spent on a Blade 300x (mostly for the ar7200bx) the only way I was finally able to hover for an entire battery was to install an rx2702v.

The ar7200bx just keeps cutting out the throttle, I guess I'll have to send it back to HH.

I now have a copterx 250 with 2618v-d and blade 300 with 2702v.

I'll never buy HH stuff again after this.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:10 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Well, for all the $ I spent on a Blade 300x (mostly for the ar7200bx) the only way I was finally able to hover for an entire battery was to install an rx2702v.

The ar7200bx just keeps cutting out the throttle, I guess I'll have to send it back to HH.

I now have a copterx 250 with 2618v-d and blade 300 with 2702v.

I'll never buy HH stuff again after this.
Okay, let me get this straight.... You bought a 300X... When you got it home the motor would cut out and you couldn't even get it off the ground!? I understand your anger and frustration.... But what you got was a defect. it sounds like you have not even called them yet?! I would stormed right back in the LHS or i would have contacted HH right away and told them to fix it. They would have. Especially if it's new and you didn't even get to fly it. All electronics have a failure ratio leaving the factory. I can understand you just wanted to fly it, maybe you didn't want to be bothered with waiting for warranty, shipping and service. But if the thing cut out right away and you didn't even get to fly it. You should have brought it right back to the LHS or if you bought it online, you should have contacted your distributor or HH directly before you did anything else. When you call HH you probably shouldn't tell them that you ripped out the RX and installed something else or any of that. I would put everything back just like it was and ship it back to them, they will probably want the whole heli i would think. But you just have to call them and find out.. Don't waste your time with emails, they don't even like dealing with customers though email. The guy had me call him after he replied to my email.. It was so stupid, lol. I should have just called. When they replaced my TM1000 it was a 30 second phone call, i filled out a form online and printed it and mailed my item to them. They sent me back a new one all within two weeks, including weekends and shipping time, all of that. They made it a point to tell me that it was NOT covered by warranty, BUT they are replacing it anyway... They even paid for shipping. It was much faster than i expected.

I hope you get it sorted out. Please keep us posted on what happens too.

Also, i suppose it's nice that it didn't cause a crash. I suppose you lucked out that way.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Feb 05, 2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:57 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Okay, so the 4f200 is SCREAMING now with all the upgrades.... I'm actually using one of my old 2702V units that would lock out on me on the v450. So far, so good. I'm kind of curious if i will experience the same thing on this much smaller, FRP framed heli. The amp draw is likely lower on both the motor and the servos. So i really hope there won't be any issue. I think it's possible that amp draw used to black out the 2702V. Otherwise it was pure dumb luck and bent antennas. I also installed some shrink wrap over the antennas to hold them straight out.

4F200 Airframe with modified 3 blade rotors and Trex 250 blades.
Castle Creations Phoenix 35 Speed controller
Turbo Ace 342, 4200kv, 3S motor.
MKS DS470 Cyclic servos
Walkera stock tail servo
Walkera 2702V RX/Gyro
Trex 250 landing skids. (custom fit)
Turnigy nano 1000 mAh 3S 45C packs

http://youtu.be/q7ZSG2c7MXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gww2HJ5OE-Y

Below is a demo video i shot, then added crash clips to. To demonstrate how nice and friction few the new MKS servos are. Also how durable in a crash (or otherwise) they are compared to the stock. Most of those crashes were caused by the CC ESC starting up suddenly or cutting off the motor. (cyclic stays though at least). This video was recorded after the crashes and the servos are still very nice, smooth and play free. Because everyone has heard about stripping the stock servos just by moving the blades while powered down. All those problems and more are just GONE now. I've done a few things which also increased durability to the swash and rotor grips too. Over all this heli is almost dependable these days. It still have wear and tear issues that are likely highly exacerbated by the high RPM the heli is running at these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7taIHXllnQ
I like it
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:20 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Went to test my new 600 in the backyard. I must of had some wires crossed.
Its best to watch from the beginning.
aller anfang ist schwer! (9 min 50 sec)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:05 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Went to test my new 600 in the backyard. I must of had some wires crossed.
Its best to watch from the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAA6gIV4l_c
Man... That was just plain scary to see for me. I wouldn't spool my X5 up for the first time unless i was a good 30 feet away and it was strapped to a brick.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:05 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,914 Posts
Notice how long the heli struggled against the trees, can you imagine what would've happened if the trees weren't there to protect the neighbours?
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:33 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Didn't look like it even bother him much
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:18 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Didn't look like it even bother him much
Freaking put down the poison for 5 minutes so you can have both hands free, is what i was saying for the first minute. While thinking how bad smoke is for electronics in the first place. But your right, he didn't even flinch. For a minute i had to go back and see if it was CGI, lol. It was obvious to me that was going to happen from the tipping and tail kicking on the first spool up... I was like, "Oh yeah, watch this spinning top maneuver this guy pulls!" It was soo much worse than i thought it was going to be!! Trees and everything..

I couldn't get over the smoking thing though... I've never seen a video with a pilot smoking. Either before flight or as he approaches lift off. Seems so out of place.