Jim Walker is offline Find More Posts by Jim Walker
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2003, 07:35 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,191 Posts
This ranks up there with Johnny Carson when he said in his monologue, "McDonalds has just sold its one billionth hamburger, gee, that must be 50 lbs worth of hamburger meat."

The next night, "A letter from McDonalds' attorney informed Mr. Carson that if he agreed not to slander McDonalds any more, they would 1) let Ronald McDonald appear on the Tonight Show and that they would (2) not build the Golden Arches across the street from his house in Beverly Hills."

I know this is not a perfect rendition of what happened, but it is close and humor does seem to solve a lot of problems.

Peace,
LcJ
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Own your own - What it means
Old Sep 10, 2003, 08:09 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I guess what I don't "get" is why the anti-zagi threads were considered a "problem" to begin with!... Anyone who is/was offended by them and cried to the moderators has absolutely no sense of humor. Crying foul and reporting me just proves it further. Why aren't these folks who reported the threads speaking up?... Maybe they are ashamed?
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Sep 10, 2003, 09:20 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,191 Posts
Tic - bottom line, few people will confront someone face to face, they want someone else to do it, but turn your back and wham.

I think it also has something to do with the moon.

Just remember, griping is truly America's favorite indoor sport.

Peace,
LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2003, 05:47 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I agree with you LcJ.... I'm still waiting for the list of complainers... I think it only fair that our moderators post it...
Old Sep 11, 2003, 06:36 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,191 Posts
Tic,
I am a local school board member. People want something done about a situation, but they do not want you to use their name. I understand their situation because they fear it will be taken out on their children. That is not the case on this forum. We should be able to say what we need to say to whoever we need to say it. Those people probably had to have some one else to ask a girl to go out with them in highschool.

I have been offended a couple of times, but what can they do to me other than hurt my feelings. I'm sure I've hurt others feelings a few times, but never intentionally.

If I get tired of a thread, I sure don't have to read it. And they surely don't have to read mine.

Don't give up, and just follow the leader and post to humor. I'll bet it gets read just as much there as anywhere else. I believe a lot of authors write fiction because they don't have to prove anything or document it. Which is to say, I believe a lot of fiction is probably true, just free from lawsuits.

Peace,
LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2003, 06:40 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tic
I guess what I don't "get" is why the anti-zagi threads were considered a "problem" to begin with!... Anyone who is/was offended by them and cried to the moderators has absolutely no sense of humor. Crying foul and reporting me just proves it further. Why aren't these folks who reported the threads speaking up?... Maybe they are ashamed?
So what you're saying is you like the threads you started and you don't think anyone should be allowed to complain about anything you like. Well that's a shock .

This whole thread is full of you insulting anyone who doesn't like your threads "crying to mommy", "should be shot", "thin skinned whiners", "no sense of humor". Now you're surprised that they haven't spoken up and you'd like to be given a list, presumably so that you can be rude to them individually instead of just in general. Nice try.

Steve

BTW LcJ I can think of, but probably not mention here, several indoor sports more popular than griping. One even sounds pretty similar . But griping is up there towards the top of the list even over here in the UK. You don't have to be American to join in .
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Sep 11, 2003, 09:18 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,191 Posts
Steve,
Just remember, we Americans are a rebellious bunch. Could it be that the Scotch and Irish (of which I have both mixec with in with my Cherokee blood) migrated over here to join in the fun?

Actually, griping is being elevated to an art form, and there is even talk of making it a sport that will qualify for the Olympic Games.

BM used to mean one thing and now it can also includ B_tching and Moaning.

BTW, I'm glad you do have a sense of humor.

Peace,
LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2003, 11:03 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Scotch and Irish are both booze aren't they (whisky and whiskey respectively) ? Sounds like good blood you have there .

Can't wait for the next Olympics. Perhaps we can have teams of young ladies with clips on their noses doing "Synchronised Griping" ? All together now, on the mark....."He said Zagi, he can't say that can he ?" .

Well this is getting a bit silly, even for me. Bye all.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Sep 12, 2003, 06:22 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
tic, it's been posted here, in the closed threads, and elsewhere.

I closed them because they are antagonistic. You are trolling. They do not belong in the open forums. They may be funny to you, but the intent is to incite reaction from other members. Not only that, but you've posted the same thing many times before.

It's that simple.
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 12, 2003, 07:54 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,564 Posts
this is a benevolent dictatorship. I hope it stays benevolent.
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Sep 12, 2003, 08:46 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Sep 12, 2003, 10:46 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Well Andy, I don't think it's as much a matter of me or other members finding them funny, it's a matter of YOU NOT finding them funny
Old Sep 13, 2003, 06:43 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I never said that I personally didn't find them funny.
At least the first time..

By the way.. I don't engage trolls. It is my job, however, to prevent them from engaging (and frustrating) unsuspecting users, whether you see it in "the rules" or not. The standard we attempt to maintain here are designed to make this an enjoyable place to visit. Trolls may delight a few, but in general, they don't contribute to the site.

Now, that said, given our recent chnages in policy, I could see having a "troll corner" forum. In fact, I think that would be funny!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:20 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tic
Well Andy, I don't think it's as much a matter of me or other members finding them funny, it's a matter of YOU NOT finding them funny
It's more like this:

Quote:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Cargo
Cargo who?
Cargo beep beep
HAHAHAHAAAA

Quote:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Cargo