HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2003, 07:56 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Lake dude!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you fell in the lake!..
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2003, 08:06 PM
Pedal Power!
the lake
Joined Oct 2002
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Lake dude!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you fell in the lake!..
Basically I did. Couldn't fly in the spring cause it was way windy and rainy for a long time this year. After windy and rainy it got HOT!!!! When it is hot my blood gets pumping and I'd way rather be on boat full of bikini clad girls half my age then flying planes. Havn't missed a Sunday on the lake all summer. It is starting to cool off so I'll be flying again soon.
lakedude is offline Find More Posts by lakedude
Old Sep 06, 2003, 08:09 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Yes yes, I agree, I try and spend at least 3 days pr. week on a boat w/ bikini clad girls half my age... fun innit? Let the old farts fly RC.. I'll take the boatride in summer..
Old Sep 06, 2003, 08:46 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lakedude
...I'd way rather be on a boat full of bikini clad girls half my age...
I thought you were like 24, lakedude...
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Sep 06, 2003, 09:04 PM
Pedal Power!
the lake
Joined Oct 2002
1,095 Posts
Quote:
I thought you were like 24, lakedude...
What is your point??

I'm gonna be 41 on the 13th.
Old Sep 06, 2003, 09:13 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lakedude
.. I get a little miffed when the mods seem bent on revoking the 1st amendment ..
That's the part that many people still don't seem to get. This site is privately owned. As such, the bill of rights does NOT apply to what is allowed or deemed appropriate. The rules as posted do. We make decisions based on the good of the site - that means on-topic, family-friendly, etc.

..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 06, 2003, 09:30 PM
Pedal Power!
the lake
Joined Oct 2002
1,095 Posts
Quote:
That's the part that many people still don't seem to get.
I get it. It just took a while.
Old Sep 06, 2003, 09:37 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
We're not out to spoil people's fun, you know.
We're all supposed to be here for the same reason. A passion for model aeronautics!
I like 'em.
You like 'em.

It can't be all that bad!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 07, 2003, 10:57 AM
Joined Sep 2001
88 Posts
There is no first amendment right to say whatever you want here, or in fact any particular place. The first amendment means you can say it, but not in every forum. You can still stand on the street corner and say it, and not get arested.

In any case, the amendment was writen to guarantee Political speach (the king is a fink), not all speach. In England at the time of the revolution saying the king was a bastard, even if true was sedition, and punishable by death. Most anti government speach was sedition. The writers of the constitution wanted to make sure that speach against the government was protected.

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy W
That's the part that many people still don't seem to get. This site is privately owned. As such, the bill of rights does NOT apply to what is allowed or deemed appropriate. The rules as posted do. We make decisions based on the good of the site - that means on-topic, family-friendly, etc.

..a
matthew.orme is offline Find More Posts by matthew.orme
Old Sep 09, 2003, 06:31 PM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
I could not help but notice all of the talk about the first amendment. And, how this is a private web site. But internet law and 1st amendment is a fuzzy thing. For instance (and I'm not 100% sure of this) but is there not a possibility that in fact this site is obligated to observe the 1st amendment to its fullest extents because somewhere down the line this site does or has in the past recieved government monies in the form of grants or loans or special status and if any of the vendors who advertise on this site have recieved government monies would that not obligate this site although be it "private" to observe 1st amendment doctrine.? Maybe/Maybe not just a thought.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Sep 09, 2003, 07:01 PM
Monte Cristi - Dominican Republic
Joined Sep 2000
855 Posts
Lightenin'

I've never heard of the grant stipulation that you speak of, but we have never needed or accepted government grants of any type here, nor have our advertisers that I'm aware of. The internet is a worlwide community, so I really doubt that the U.S. could even enforce something like that if it did exist.

The problem I have with the 1st Amendment argument is this; it forces us to say "NO NO, We are privately owned and whatever we say goes". This is indeed true, but it's certainly not the image we want to portray to our users.

We work our selves silly to give you guys this free forum to discuss RC hobbies. We do everything for the collective "you" (the users). Most are incredibly appreciative of our efforts, and we are not so naive that we think we can please everyone all of the time, so we simply do our best.

Jason
jnowell is offline Find More Posts by jnowell
Old Sep 09, 2003, 08:33 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I still don't see the harm in my quarterly anti zagi threads.. It's become tradition, and it's all done humorously..
Old Sep 09, 2003, 11:06 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,449 Posts
(yawn)
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Sep 10, 2003, 01:25 AM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Here is a thought, (and I know this will most likely get shot down) but, I know there are a great deal of folks who enjoy a friendly tongue in cheek argumentative debate or whatever you like to call it. Why doesn't someone propose a forum for that. Make the rules (and yes I believe they are needed) regulate the profanity and the vulgarity etc. and tell the faint-hearted to stay out so they won't have reason to complain. The threads dont belong in off topic we want to talk about modeling and models. Hey it might be a win/win just a thought.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Sep 10, 2003, 04:19 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tic
I still don't see the harm in my quarterly anti zagi threads.. It's become tradition, and it's all done humorously..
That's fine. Your posts are humorous and the Humor forum is there and waiting for them. Problem solved.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin