HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2003, 02:11 PM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LcJ
Lightnin,
Bye the way unless you got that nickname after 1960 you are using mine. In the 8th grade we had to run track to play football. I was 5 ft and weight 205 lbs. Our quaterback was on crutches and he outran me on a 100 yard dash. From the crowd I could here someone yell, "Look at Lightnin go." It stuck all through Jr. High and High School. Now I know who already had the name on this forum.

Actually, nobody I know now remembers but me, so enjoy it. How did you come up with the handle?

Thanks for the comment, my ole Daddy would appreciate it.

Peace,
LcJ
Lcj,
I got the nickname when I played competative pool "billiards" in college. They used to accuse me of being a shark because I played at pretty average level untill someone got mad or wanted to play for money. One of the guys nicknamed me Lightnin because I could come out of nowhere like a bolt of lightning and win matches or tournaments, if I recieved the right motivation. Well the nickname stuck. I didn't mind it and have used it ever since.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2003, 02:32 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,534 Posts
Lightnin,
Small world, I worked in a pool hall one summer in college. It was a blast. Lent out a lot of money. Kept a list, and collected during the next year in school. Never lost much, because if I couldn't win, I didn't play.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Sep 04, 2003, 04:35 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Tony T.
At one time we were worried that the individual threads would crash and the information would be lost. So we were supposed to close them and split them at 500. Some mods did, some didn't.

With the latest and greatest server and software updates, Jim feels they would be ok so we decided to start letting them ride.

My other personal concern is who wants to wade through 20-30 pages for one thread??? Why can't the origional started start a new one and have the mod close the old one.
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Sep 04, 2003, 04:54 PM
Monte Cristi - Dominican Republic
Joined Sep 2000
855 Posts
That was really my main concern in that also, some of the better threads get so long that you can't go back and find prior info without spending half an hour reading through multiple pages.

I smell an E Zone Pool Tourney brewing....Did I say BREW! You're buying, right Don?

Jason
jnowell is offline Find More Posts by jnowell
Old Sep 04, 2003, 05:03 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Jason,

I DON"T THINK SO!!!!

Being a poor college student who is also old, I like to mooch off of others. Besides that, I'd have to buy the brewery to slacken the thirst of the 10,000 plus members out there!!!
Don
Old Sep 04, 2003, 09:01 PM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
Now now boys. Let's stay on topic!

GOTCHA!!

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Sep 04, 2003, 10:36 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,534 Posts
Don't worry about having to buy much beer. At my age, it just makes me stay up all night. I started college at 185 lbs. Discovered Bud and graduated at 293. Fought hard the next few years and went back to 173. Moved to Cajun country and went back up to 320. I have slimmed back down to 280. I think if I started with the brew again they would have to use a Tommy Lift to get my casket in the grave.

Is getting old and rambling anything like being off topic?

Peace,
LcJ
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Sep 05, 2003, 02:37 PM
Monte Cristi - Dominican Republic
Joined Sep 2000
855 Posts
Tony,

Being as the topic was us mean ole' RC Groups guys, I kinda liked the off topic part

Don, the tab just went up, we have 20,000 members, not 10,000

LcJ - I think it's one in the same, I'm only middle aged, but the older I get, the more I ramble. I'm not sure I was ever truly "on topic" to begin with though.

Jason
jnowell is offline Find More Posts by jnowell
Old Sep 05, 2003, 05:01 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by t-turley
Now now boys. Let's stay on topic!

GOTCHA!!

Tony
Now Tony...you're the guy who got us off topic!!!

20,000 Jason??!! I figured most folks register twice, some more....

Being a mooch, I'll make it easy on everyone though. If only one in three buy me a beer I can clean out one of the other stalls and store it. Plus have beer for life...or maybe a couple of years at least.... whenever any of you come to beautiful Dyer, TN to fly I might share with you!! (Aftter flying of course, and as long as you are legal and have a designated driver.)

Back to the topic. Yes I close threads that I feel violate site or forum rules and yes I will delete a post but I alwasy notify the party involved why.

Generally if I edit a post I usually don't PM the other person unless it's a baddie.

Like I ask folks when they get wound up, don't take it personally when we enforce the rules and if you don't like how or why we do it send the big guys a note!!
Don
Old Sep 05, 2003, 05:46 PM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Just to clarify

The problem is not the "mean ol rc-groups guys". I think many people have stated that the problem more stems from capitulation to the people who want to regulate everyone else. They regulate everyone else by complaining to administration even when post' s are not directly aimed at them. To digress: if something is totally offensive to everyone thats one thing but, when marginal/fractional groups complain untill the make everyone else conform to their moral conscious that's a crying shame. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Sep 05, 2003, 07:16 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
FX1SUB; I don't believe folks from New Jersey understand wit OR humor.... obviously YOU don't... Here's your wit and humor , RIGHT HERE!.... ehehhehhehe.. you oughtta understand that
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Sep 05, 2003, 07:17 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
OH wait.. I forgot the smiley face..
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Sep 05, 2003, 07:42 PM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sims
20,000 Jason??!! I figured most folks register twice, some more....
Don,

Is the rumor that tic is one of your pseudonyms true?

Running, running, running for cover.

Sorry, that just popped out of my devious little brain on its own. Bad Tony! Bad Tony! (said in the voice of Dobby for you Harry Potter fans)

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Sep 05, 2003, 11:07 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
No Tony, alas that rumor is false. I do not have the shere genius or originality of Tic. If you read and study his threads as I have, you would know that mine are much more sophomoric and lack the pinache that his have.

He is in a class of his own!!
Don
(Who knows when he is outclassed and unworthy.)
Old Sep 06, 2003, 05:48 PM
Pedal Power!
the lake
Joined Oct 2002
1,095 Posts
Quote:
This site is a blessing...I belong to an unmoderated Astronomy forum and it's nothing but people putting down one another. It's actually hard to find an informative thread that doesn't have some kind of personal battle going on between a few members.
Yep! This place is a blessing. I get a little miffed when the mods seem bent on revoking the 1st amendment, but when you look at other boards this one really shines. I almost completely quit going to my old computer board cause all they can do over there is fight the Intel vs Amd and Nvida vs ATI battles over and over. Off topic over there seemed limited to a discussion of male sex organs. I feel the other members pain and have said some of the exact same things about thin skinned whiners but try to see the big picture. These boards are the best I've come across, period.
lakedude is offline Find More Posts by lakedude