Old Sep 03, 2003, 05:17 PM
Use The Force Jim
Las Cruces, NM USA
Joined Jul 2001
2,341 Posts
OK!

Group Hug!!!

Tic,

You've finally discovered that I'm a thin skinned whiner. I'm never posting again (not)!
Jim Walker is offline Find More Posts by Jim Walker
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2003, 06:08 PM
Green Member
NJ
Joined Mar 2002
788 Posts
This site is a blessing...I belong to an unmoderated Astronomy forum and it's nothing but people putting down one another. It's actually hard to find an informative thread that doesn't have some kind of personal battle going on between a few members. Not to mention all the off-topic posts. It didn't use to be that way. It happened when the forum was moved to google groups. Once it was moved it progressively got worse. If this group was unmoderated it would end up being chaos too. Nothing wrong with disagreeing or some debating but in any unmoderated forum it usually leads to personal attacks and flame wars. Lightnin I can see where you're going with the say what you want thing but like the moderator said this is a privately owned forum....It's just like anything else in life. There are rules. I occasionally enjoy reading the TIC bashing something or someone threads too but honestly I could live without them too

Just my take,

Joe
FX1SUB is offline Find More Posts by FX1SUB
Last edited by FX1SUB; Sep 03, 2003 at 06:26 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2003, 06:12 PM
Green Member
NJ
Joined Mar 2002
788 Posts
Just thought of something....Maybe there should be a "TIC" forum...For discussion of anything or anyone that in some way upsets TIC. It could be rated PG-18

Joe
Old Sep 03, 2003, 06:17 PM
Joined Sep 2001
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Cullen

The only other possible motivation for posting them would be if tic really believed what he was posting, that it wasn't just done for effect and that they expressed the belief that a particular model type really should be banned. If that is the case then the attitudes expressed in the threads are more offensive than any model could ever be.
All I can say is wow. If he really has an opinion that a plane should be banned, it is "offensive".

Are we now so PC, that one can't express an opinion like that? There needs to be a reality check somewhere.
matthew.orme is offline Find More Posts by matthew.orme
Old Sep 03, 2003, 06:27 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
One is welcome to express an opinion. Using these forums as a sounding board, repeatadly, with the same intent, is not what we're here for.

Brian's pretty much covered everything else, but I will point out, I closed the threads without consulting him - he tends to lean towards the 'let's see where it goes', where I've been responsible for running things a tad longer (not saying I know better) and I'm basically tired of the same old stuff. I'm not saying my actions will please everyone, but I'm convinced removal or closure of those threads are of benefit to the site overall.

I consider how a new member might fell coming to this site for the first time, and seeing the type of bantering going on in these threads. Those who've been around a while may consider it amusing, and even respond - tongue in cheek - in a 'friendly' manner, that would be interpreted by a newcomer as an outright verbal brawl. I don't think that sets the kind of tone we want representing the site.

As a side note, the following was received from a member:

"THANK YOU for closing a TIC "anti-zagi" thread!!

I enjoy the e-zone very much, even the threads that sometimes get out of hand... they are, after all, whatever the participants want them to be...

But repetitive BS gets, well, repetitive!"

I get far less positive feedback than negative, but fortunately, I've been here long enough to tune out the negative stuff. I don't make many friends, but I don't need many either!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 03, 2003, 07:30 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,684 Posts
That's a fair comment Andy. But why doesn't this person support you openly? They should show some support for you.
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Sep 04, 2003, 07:16 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,539 Posts
What is BS to one is fertilizer to another!

What is fertilizer to one plant could be poison to another!

What is poison to one could be a miracle drug to another of in another level of doseage!

Wouldn't be a wonderful world if we could all just make our detractors go away. Isn't that what Hitler, Statlin, Dada, Sadam, and countless others have done. I know that is a little extreme, but as my ole Daddy would say, "Don't make excuses, your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe it."

Peace,
LcJ
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Sep 04, 2003, 07:28 AM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LcJ
"Don't make excuses, your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe it."

Peace,
LcJ
TOP DEAD CENTER! LCJ
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Sep 04, 2003, 07:38 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,539 Posts
Lightnin,
Bye the way unless you got that nickname after 1960 you are using mine. In the 8th grade we had to run track to play football. I was 5 ft and weight 205 lbs. Our quaterback was on crutches and he outran me on a 100 yard dash. From the crowd I could here someone yell, "Look at Lightnin go." It stuck all through Jr. High and High School. Now I know who already had the name on this forum.

Actually, nobody I know now remembers but me, so enjoy it. How did you come up with the handle?

Thanks for the comment, my ole Daddy would appreciate it.

Peace,
LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2003, 08:01 AM
Green Member
NJ
Joined Mar 2002
788 Posts
If you want fertilizer....just search for TIC and ZAGI.....How much fertilzer do we need....If it was a new topic you might have a point, but it's not. Nobody's making excuses for anything. You can't expect the moderators not to respond and explain their view.

Joe
Old Sep 04, 2003, 09:18 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I would like to lodge a complaint against FX1SUB "Joe".. He said "if you want fertilizer just search for tic and zagi"..... How do I report this to a moderator? It is not in the spirit of friendliness or harmony in the site.. I'm sure everyone thought this was a funny comment but did you evere notice that I never attack any individual and never use foul language, yet the personal attacks and wise cracks against ME are always allowed? Why wasn't Joe's post deleted!!!!!.. this is a double standard.. If you want to "crack down"on me then let's be fair about it, punish those who take me to task, or insult me as well. My anti zagi threads are all done tongue in cheek, those who don't "get it" and cry foul seem to be getting their way .. Now ask yourself, would you rather have wit and humor? or a cry baby....Seems as though the cry babies are winning. Do you really think this is a family site? Do you think the family gathers around the PC after dinner to surf the ezone?.. I agree that foul launguage and blatant attacks should not be allowed, that WOULD look bad for a newbie on his first visit here, however let's have a reality check.This site is used by modellers, the majority being men.. Aparantly we have some men that prefer pink getting their way.
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Sep 04, 2003, 09:19 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,539 Posts
I try to post without making any insulting or crude remarks to or about anyone. Sometimes I fail. I have been insulted for one thing or another all my life. As a child because I was four eyed and too fat. The good part about that was my skin got extremely tuff (thick if you will).

Anyway, I am not a moderator, thank goodness. This forum has been highly successful and is extremely informational and at times humorous. If the moderator shut me down or whatever, I'm sure they have a valid reason. If they didn't allow me to post at all (that would probably be better for everyone anyway) I would continue to follow the discussions. I don't think I could have come as far as I have without reading these post. Is all the info correct? Of course not, but the heavy hitter come in quickly and post accurate information. In fact I'm always glad when one of the truly gifted ones come in. They either affirm information or correct a error.

I am not being critical of the moderators. I was just posting an opinion and an observation. If it offends anyone, may a camel make a pit stop on my landing area.

Besides, some of us need more fertilizer than others. We all want our kids to get a good education and hopefully attain a BS. So what is so bad about a bunch of BS?

Peace,
LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2003, 09:33 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,539 Posts
Gee tic, I thought he was talking about me? See how self centered I am!!!! Maybe he got both of us. Good Shot Joe Gunpowder efficient.

Peace,
LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2003, 10:28 AM
Green Member
NJ
Joined Mar 2002
788 Posts
according to LcJ fertilizer is good to some people....they should know how to find it
Still waiting for the wit and humor
Old Sep 04, 2003, 10:44 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
I have noticed that the moderators have been very active lately in closing/moving threads. I know some people feel put out because they feel the owners-administrators-moderators are being PC; I may not necessarily agree with them in all cases, but it is a private site, so live with it. Jim Bourke has given us quite a valuable resource, and we need to show him a little gratitude.

My Q concerning the closing of threads: Other than those deemed offensive/inflammatory, how do the moderators chose which threads to close? There are some very long running threads in some forums, yet other threads were closed that had far fewer posts, forcing a "super turbo brushless foamie wing, Part II" scenario, and the two threads end up being linked. Is that just the personal preference of the individual moderators, or is there something I'm missing? Just curious.

Tony Turley
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley