HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:21 AM
India, Karnataka, Bengaluru
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
ESC troubleshooting

I have the turnigy Basic 25A esc. When the connections are made(with the 1600Kv) brushless motor, the motor jerks couple of times every second. I am using a 6000maH 11.1V LiPO Batteries.
rahlk is offline Find More Posts by rahlk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:06 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,411 Posts
Do you mean when the battery is connected but the receiver is not active ? (such as the transmitter is not switched on).

If so, then it does sometimes happen. The 'beep' sounds emanate from the motor windings, not from the ESC itself, and they are from pulses sent by the ESC to the motor. Those pulses are often enough to turn the motor slightly. Often more noticeable when a prop is attached as it easier to see.

Once the receiver is active, the ESC will go through its check routine and usually you will hear a number of 'beeps' to match the number of battery cells used. Then hopefully silence.

Sometimes if there is a motor fault, such as one winding open circuit, or a poor connector contact, then the 'beeping' will usually continue as a warning.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:04 AM
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
@eflightray- The 'beep' sounds emanate from the motor windings, not from the ESC itself, and they are from pulses sent by the ESC to the motor.

Thats exactly whats happening, i hear beeps from the motor, But i bought 4 motors for my quad, apparently all of 'em have the same prob. Is there any compatibility issues between tunigy esc and a non-turnigy motor?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,565 Posts
Hearing beeps initially is NOT a problem. It's how the ESC tells you it's initialising. If it just carries on beeping and never stops that may be a problem.

So do you have the ESC connected to a receiver and the transmitter switched on ? If not then that's why. The ESC can't start up properly because it has no input signal.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:26 AM
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
Great! It works.. Thanks a lot Guys.