Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 11, 2011, 03:42 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,084 Posts
Popular model. Not in stock at Natter, but Radiocontrolshop have them for 112 euros.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:50 AM
Australia, QLD, Charleville
Joined Aug 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArneHu View Post
Wow!!! I want a artf, as soon as possible. Where did you buy it?
Sorry for the delay, I have been away. Probably wont help but I bought on E-Bay from Hobby - Warehouse in Australia
mulgaman is offline Find More Posts by mulgaman
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:02 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
Sky climber

Hi Guys, anyone wanting to upgrade for better servos, the multiplex nana ,s and the hitech 55 drop straight in the plastic holders. The multiplex needs a 4 ins extention wire, and the hi tech needs a 9 ins extention , and you of course need to cut a small amount of foam away for the connectors. Just thought somone might want to know that, lol.
fellwalker is offline Find More Posts by fellwalker
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
71 Posts
Hi All,
Got myself a Sky Climber today and first impressions it looks good, this one is part installed with Brushless Motor, Servos and esc fitted, No Transmitter, Battery or Receiver, it was priced at £109 but got it down to £95, I donít think it was a bad price ? But I do have a problem with the esc, The manual states it is 30mAh esc but the one fitted is 20mAh ( cant think why ) will this make much difference to performance? Could I just replace it with a 30mAh. Not to well up on electric planes, it's good to see these planes are getting good feed back, Just one more thing, I have 2 new Lipo 30c 3000mah Batteryís already, Will these be OK for this plane?.

Thanks for any help, safe and happy flying
Ron
ronsinclair1549 is offline Find More Posts by ronsinclair1549
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:38 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
sky climber

Hi Ron, I sent, or I thought I sent you a reply, so I will give it another try. I dont know how many amps I am pulling under load with my sky /c, but I would say you will need to use a 30 amp .e.s.c. I will put the meter on mine tomorrow and I will check what the motor is pulling. I wouldnt chance it with a 20 amp e.s.c.. Your battery will be fine though, but you will have to check the weight, you may need a bit of tail weight or try and get the battery back far enough to keep the c of g in the right position. hope that helps. Bill.
fellwalker is offline Find More Posts by fellwalker
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:26 PM
Drogheda.Ireland
Joined Mar 2009
136 Posts
Whats it like to land?do i need flaps?
freshbreeze is offline Find More Posts by freshbreeze
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:04 PM
Joined Sep 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellwalker View Post
Hi Ron, I sent, or I thought I sent you a reply, so I will give it another try. I dont know how many amps I am pulling under load with my sky /c, but I would say you will need to use a 30 amp .e.s.c. I will put the meter on mine tomorrow and I will check what the motor is pulling. I wouldnt chance it with a 20 amp e.s.c.. Your battery will be fine though, but you will have to check the weight, you may need a bit of tail weight or try and get the battery back far enough to keep the c of g in the right position. hope that helps. Bill.
Hi
Thanks for the help, just one thing as I think I said the electrics are all new to me so i hope you don't mind me asking, Any idea what ESC I would need to get, Not had the best weather here to fly the plane yet so now will make sure I get a new ESC before I take the first flight.

Once again many thanks
Ron
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:46 AM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsinclair1549 View Post
Hi
Thanks for the help, just one thing as I think I said the electrics are all new to me so i hope you don't mind me asking, Any idea what ESC I would need to get, Not had the best weather here to fly the plane yet so now will make sure I get a new ESC before I take the first flight.

Once again many thanks
Ron
Theres no harm going for a 40amp ESC.... apart from weight

I would highly recommended that when you start swapping ESC / Motor / Prop
You should buy a Watt meter..
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10080

skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie View Post
Theres no harm going for a 40amp ESC.... apart from weight

I would highly recommended that when you start swapping ESC / Motor / Prop
You should buy a Watt meter..
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10080

Hi
Thanks for your advice regarding the Watt meter, I have now ordered one and hope to receive it in the next 2 or 3 days.

Once again Many Thanks,
Ron
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:20 AM
London,UK
Joined Jun 2001
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsinclair1549 View Post
...The manual states it is 30mAh esc but the one fitted is 20mAh...
I just noticed the same thing with mine...
Did you fly with the original (20mAh) esc or did you replace it??

Cheers,
Nick
staib is offline Find More Posts by staib
Old Jan 04, 2012, 03:15 AM
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Hi guys,

I just joined the RC Groups forum and bought my (RTF 2.4 Ghz) Sky Climber 3 weeks ago. As very rusty flier (10 years of no flying) it is truly a brilliant plane. I've been logging 45 minute flights with very little motor use (OK - it's very sunny and very warm in South Africa this time of year!). The thing just floats and doesnt want to come down!

I do have one problem - anyone else experience this? Sometimes when I am gliding (no motor) the receiver gives a two-tone alarm and the prop moves back and forth. All other controls still work. This can only be remedied by opening the throttle and closing it again, at which point the "binding three tone" is heard. I found a clip on youtube (in some non-English language) showing the same issue. Anyone know what this problem is? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Thanks in advance for anyone who can assist!

Have excellent air :O)

Ludwig
LudwigB is offline Find More Posts by LudwigB
Last edited by LudwigB; Jan 04, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:27 AM
London,UK
Joined Jun 2001
344 Posts
Hi Ludwig,

Sounds like you have been enjoying some excellent flying! Once all the 'rust' comes off your skills you will be flying all day...

Just setting up a brand new Climber now and my stock 20A ESC did this - scared the devil out of me whilst I was figuring out how to mix flaps and ailerons... Sounded like an emergency siren - so I had visions of the Lipo or ESC bursting into flames

At least we know it's not just our ESCs... I'll update here if I find anything...

Cheers,
Nick
Last edited by staib; Jan 05, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo fix
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:29 AM
London,UK
Joined Jun 2001
344 Posts
I wonder if it's a sort of 'HERE I AM' siren?

Could be useful if the plane dropped into a field of barley or a small wood??
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Haha, Staib, if it is, that would be cute! I suspect it's something more evil though... I mailed Nine Eagle CO today... I hope they speak Engrish! :O)

The local hobby shop told me to trim back the throttle err... trim, in order to give a true zero to the ESC. Even at -40 it still does it! PLease do tell if you're the wiser in the near future.

Thanks!

L.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 03:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
I caught it on camera this morning...
Nine Eagles Sky Climber Alarm Issue.mp4 (0 min 24 sec)