HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2011, 05:47 AM
Joined Oct 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN L WRIGHT View Post
Hi Malc,
Many thanks for the welcome. By the time I arrived at the local flying field this morning there was a strong wind blowing, so I chickened out! Also, I need to find out why the left wing servo keeps going crazy and gets a mind of its own despite my control input!!
Really enjoyed your video footage by the way!
Thank you Alan

It does handle a fair bit of wind but you most likely made the right call as it was a maiden.

Not sure why the servo is doing a merry dance maybe someone else can shed some light on it....... Anyone?

ATB Malc
Silly Fokker RC is offline Find More Posts by Silly Fokker RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:07 AM
United Kingdom, Sudbury
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Fokker RC View Post
Thank you Alan

It does handle a fair bit of wind but you most likely made the right call as it was a maiden.

Not sure why the servo is doing a merry dance maybe someone else can shed some light on it....... Anyone?

ATB Malc
HI Malc, Just to let you know that a faulty ESC on the Sky Climber has to be replaced when the shop gets round to it! I flew and crashed my year old Radian yesterday - it was too rough for it and I lost the plot and cartwheeled coming into land in a crosswind. The fuselage on the Radian is very weak and wobbly near the tail and that didn't help either (always blame everything except pilot error.... !!)
Would you mind pointing me in the best direction for Sky Climber spares just in case I decide to whack this into the ground too? A spare fuselage would be useful to have in 'stock' but veryfew of these retail hobby shops stock any spares. Is there an online source? Many thanks, Alan W
ALAN L WRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by ALAN L WRIGHT
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:44 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,091 Posts
Quote:
I need to find out why the left wing servo keeps going crazy and gets a mind of its own despite my control input!!
That must be a weakness with the Nine Eagles servos. I have two of the smaller Sky Surfer, from NE. And both of them had problems with the ailerons servo jittering, and living their own life. One of them had trouble with the pot meter. Maybe you should change it before flight.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:18 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
skyclimber

Hi Guys, Ive just done the maiden with the skyclimber, and what a great flyer it is. I cant speak highly enough sbout it, its just great. Anyone thinking about getting one, stop thinking and buy it. I sold my radian and bought the skyclimber, the sky climber leaves the radian dead in the water. Ive never heard about anyone doing an up grade yet, so all the skyclimber owners must be happy with the way it comes out of the box, including myself click for bigger pic.
fellwalker is offline Find More Posts by fellwalker
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:31 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
sky climber

Hi Alan, Ive just been onto my hobby shop about spares for the s/ climber, he told me that nine eagles are releasing spares very soon. My first spares would be the small plastic clips that hold the wing in place, Im sure I will at some point drop one in the grass and not be able to find it. I think it would be a good idea to paint them a bright colour.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:38 AM
United Kingdom, Sudbury
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Sky Climber

Hi Fellwalker,
Many thanks for your message about spares. There is little doubt IMO that the body shell on this Sky Climber is much better and a great deal stronger than on the Radian (not sure whether the new Radian Pro has a stiffer body shell or stronger tail fuselage). However, I reckon I definitely got a 'Friday'job as far as the r/c gear is concerned. First of all the ESC seemed damaged and bent from new and also the left wing servo became unpredictable and now powers up all the time. The shop I bought it from will I'm sure sort this out for me - I hope!
Still looking forward to a maiden flight two weeks after getting it !!
Looking forward to hearing about yours and other S.Climber owners' flying experiences.
ALAN L WRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by ALAN L WRIGHT
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:55 PM
Joined Oct 2011
22 Posts
Hi Alan sorry for the delay in replying it has been a little busy here. I am not sure about spares but I would try your LHS as I am sure they will be able to give you some idea of how to get them.

ATB Malc
Silly Fokker RC is offline Find More Posts by Silly Fokker RC
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:25 AM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
sky climber

Hi Alan. I had to modified my radian by gluing a carbon fibre spar along the bottom of the fuz because of the excessive flex. The sky climber is of solid construction and fies great. I have problems with the servos too, so I have just ordered one multiplex nano servo. If it arrives tomorrow and it fits o.k. I will send for another two. I have also replaced the e.s.c. just to be on the safe side, this may be over kill, but thats just me. The sky climber is such a great model that I didnt mind the extra expence, and at the end of the day I will have a reliable set up and hope to fly the sky climber for years to come. The other thing I did was to wrap some high viz trim round the notch in the wing spar, it makes it easy to locate the notch when you slide it into the wing. Once you get to flying the sky climber Alan, you will love it
Last edited by fellwalker; Nov 10, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:41 AM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
sky climber

Hi Alan, Ive Just had a thought, Ive only had an issue with the one wing servo , it makes a buzz now and again. How about I give you the servos I replace, and the e.s.c. All I ask is the cost of postage. I intend to replace 3 servos and not bother about the rudder servo.
Last edited by fellwalker; Nov 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:43 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
sky climber

Anyone thinking of buying a sky climber and reading my last two posts please dont think you have to go to the expence of doing what I am doing, the model is fine out of the box. Alan just got a friday model which had a bit of damage.
Last edited by fellwalker; Nov 10, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:07 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,091 Posts
I love my little Sky - Surfer from NE. And I really wish for a Sky Climber. But it's pity that they are selling them with the TX. I really don't need another radio.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:18 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
sky climber

Hi Arnehu, I bought mine without the tranny, just the servos, motor, I didnt know they came as a bind and fly. . They are great fliers, they look scale like too. Xmas is fast approaching, someone may buy you one if you behave yourself. Happy flying.
Last edited by fellwalker; Nov 11, 2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:52 AM
Australia, QLD, Charleville
Joined Aug 2011
140 Posts
I bought mine as an RTF and love it. Didn't need the extra radio either but it was only AUD 200 with free freight. I am no expert on gliders but she is so easy to fly. Only problems I have had were it was packed with the vertical stab under the wings which twisted the empanage off centre and the occaisional issue of the ESC beeping and locking up which clears with full range throttle stick movement. As our temperatures rise with summer coming on the tail has straightened itself out. Think I will change out the clevis's, last flight the elevator one didn't want to clip closed properly. Can't wait to cut my teeth on thermalling.
mulgaman is offline Find More Posts by mulgaman
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,091 Posts
Wow!!! I want a artf, as soon as possible. Where did you buy it?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
Huesca, Spain
Joined Aug 2009
532 Posts
ArneHu,

You can get an ARTF Sky Climber for 115 euros at:

www.natterer-modellbau.de

Steve.
stevespana is online now Find More Posts by stevespana