HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:42 PM
South Africa, KZN, Amanzimtoti
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
Hi guys just a quick update i bought a flyfun 30 amp esc, to date i have had no problems the new esc makes a huge difference , she flys faster and brakes for the first time since i bought the plane my advice is to chuck the original esc out and buy a better esc . had some awesome flights last Sunday but the last flight i lost sight flying over the open cast pit needless to say she had a rather hard landing all is ok though but stripped both aleron servo gears and cracked the CF rod does anybody know where i can get a new cf rod 1m 100mm i tried all the shops in durban with no success
Peter petrolhead is offline Find More Posts by Peter petrolhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:56 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,715 Posts
You mean 10mm diameter, right?

Options:
Insert an Al tube or rod for a few inches past the break on each side.
See if you have a kite store near buy, they sell carbon fiber stuff.
Maybe a piece of old fishing rod will fit inside. Epoxy it in several inches longer than fractured areas.

Got a picture of the "crack"? I assume it's located in the middle of the spar.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
Parts

Hello, I lost those clips.. Have anybody idea where I could get new one`s???

Best Regards, Robert
Gibson123 is offline Find More Posts by Gibson123
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:14 AM
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Hi, you don't need them. Rather place a little tape at the wing roots (on top and under) - to the fuse, when flying. The plastic clips stretch over time and any vibration thereafter results in them falling out. I have been using the tape method for over a year and it works really well.
DaveClaxton is offline Find More Posts by DaveClaxton
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:18 AM
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter petrolhead View Post
Hi guys just a quick update i bought a flyfun 30 amp esc, to date i have had no problems the new esc makes a huge difference , she flys faster and brakes for the first time since i bought the plane my advice is to chuck the original esc out and buy a better esc . had some awesome flights last Sunday but the last flight i lost sight flying over the open cast pit needless to say she had a rather hard landing all is ok though but stripped both aleron servo gears and cracked the CF rod does anybody know where i can get a new cf rod 1m 100mm i tried all the shops in durban with no success
Try FLIGHT-PRO in Power Centre New Germany. Have you tried sliding an 8mm threaded bar into the wing spar for extra weight and wind penetration on the slope? Works like a dream, cut it to the same length as the spar.. and it is exactly on the CG, so no fiddling required.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaviTheFly View Post
Hi,

Same to me two times after only 5 seconds from launching: no motor and no controls. First time, the problem solves immediatly (could be because i moved throttle up and down quickly, but i'm not really sure). Second time, i do nothing waiting the plane ups his nose and the plane crashed into the ground.

I rechecked all connections, isolated the leads from ESC to motor, and decided to make a complete full-throttle to zero-throttle before accelerating for launching, preventing a (┐wrong programmed?) ESC cut-off similar to the one that occurs if you have more than 2.5 minutes without accelerating (who is not mentioned in the manual that comes with the plane, at least in my case).

I try to fly today, after the nose reparation, and hope that never occurs again.

Report back later (and sorry by my bad english :-)

First thing you do when you buy a Sky Climber is replace the ESC and RX. They are junk. Go online and buy an ESC with a programming Card from HobbyKing (Hong Kong). Cheap as chips and you can programme the 'brake' very easily.

A heavy landing will shake up the OEM electronics sufficiently to cause intermittent problems. The plane is awesome, so just change the guts and she will last years..
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlnow View Post
Hi all,

I'm still not had having any luck getting the motor to brake and for the prop' to fold back on it self. Im wondering if I have an motor controller issue or maybe its something with the tx. The plan is otherwise flying fine and is on about its 15th flight.

Ive tried shutting the throttle quickly, while climbing, while flying horizontal, in a vertical stall, and in a shallow dive, and still no luck

To test it out could someone time how long it take the prop to stop when when they throttle down quickly while they are holding it still and then I will compare with mine.
You need to programme the ESC. Look on the RC Forums on HobbyKing.com for info on how to do this OR do yourself a favour and buy a new ESC with a Programming Card (fool proof) from Hobby King. Throttle/power control has nothing to do with it.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
That problem is usually caused by a bad electrical connection between the ESC and the motor. The solution is to resolder all connections between the ESC and motor. Sometimes they look good but still are faulty.

For the brake problem, get rid of that chirping ESC..LOL That thing drove me crazy. You can get a good one from headsuprc.com and shipping is only $2. With these you can set the brake function. Like this one.
HURC 30 Amp Brushless Motor ESC
HURC 30 Amp Brushless Motor ESC
In Stock
Price: $16.95

The Turnigy Plush ESC's from HobbyKing are also very good.

Good advice!
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:18 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,715 Posts
My solution to the lost clip problem.

A hole was drilled in the clip and the servo protector and a short length of 30# dacron fishing line used to hold the clip on.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:36 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Mar 2013
36 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am new here and also new in RC airplanes.
Just bought a Sky Climber but I got a very general manual for the J5 Pro transmitter.
Does anyone have a detailed description of it or could you recommend a video? The one I found is in Korean language
Thanks in advance for your help.
Alf
Seresalf is offline Find More Posts by Seresalf
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:30 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,715 Posts
http://www.nineeagle.com/downloadsfr...c587&memstate=
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:54 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Mar 2013
36 Posts
Thanks. I got this one as well but there is not too much written.
It is not written e.g. what reverse channel mean, what is 5CH indicator for etc.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:08 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,715 Posts
If the control surface moves the wrong way, for instance the elevator moves down when the stick is moved down, you can reverse that movement by using the reverse channel.

5CH indicator? Got me.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:14 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Mar 2013
36 Posts
Thank you for the clarification.
CH5 channel indicator is in the top right corner, below the battery indicator.
The other one I do not know is the Aux channel indicator in the top left corner below the REV.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:36 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seresalf View Post
Thank you for the clarification.
CH5 channel indicator is in the top right corner, below the battery indicator.
The other one I do not know is the Aux channel indicator in the top left corner below the REV.
Hate to say it, but you are reminding me why that TX went into the trash ASAP
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam