SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:31 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,863 Posts
Good Morning at least from Portland monday . thank you for showing what you did. I was thinking your the one that did that real nice build on BB 39 a wile back. After I started looking over the ship and then went back to your personal build sights . YUP I do like your work for sure.
I enjoy that build as you were doing it I all pick up the shiip myself but did not have the room for it at the time.
NOW It all makes sence to me so what is in the next future build. Keep up the good work allways nice to see your ships. O by the way you have given a few ideas of maybe getting my Montana back in the water and maybe trying to float the carrier after seeing how you did yours. Thanks DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:36 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,863 Posts
ok my fingers got in the way again and did not do what I was thinking ;-))
To early for me right now ;-)
OK l All most pick up the BB 39 when I was watching that one. I will try to dig up some pictures of the carrier I am talking a bout and o ya one more thing thank you showing me what yours look like it had given some ideas for sure.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:58 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,373 Posts
building a plastic static kit is quite different from the way we build our regular kit.. that is why I post a build log for the BB39..

One nice thing about the plastic kit is the details that offered.. and the relative easy of building... however, size of the ship is somewhat limited, usually to about 1m.. (the 1/200 Yamato is about 1.3m but being a very old kit, the quality is very poor)
cmpang is online now Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:45 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,863 Posts
Hello I have only build few Placitic kits . So I know what your saying . Most of mind are scratch from wood or even placitic depending at the time. I also know about the yamato I have to agree on what your saying thanks DON
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:59 AM
Sometimes I am the weapon
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,064 Posts
Great conversions; very nice to see them all in one place to compare them with each other. One of them (in picture 07.jpg) appears to be a larger scale than the rest, it looks like a modern destroyer or cruiser. What kit is it?

I know the carrier is from Trumpeter as is the USS Alabama, the Yamato is ostensibly by Tamiya. What brand is the Bismarck? Not sure about the rest. Thanks.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member