HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MikeTheCrash, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:52 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
2,922 Posts
Discussion
New camera mount

Found the camera image to be wobbly, especially noticeable on the HD keychain cam. So I made this one to be less bendy.

I put some hotglue on the top of the mount to make a "saddle" for the velcro that would be the right shape for the camera, and cut down on wobble. wrapping greaseproof paper around the cam stops the glue from sticking to it.

Turns out the hotglue is nice and grippy so the camera will stay on with an elastic band and not use the velcro at all.

Then it turned out that a lot of the slop in the system is from the plastic servo arm being a bit worn/stretched on the metal spline. so I (shame on me) epoxied it on.

next project: 270 degree servo on its way, metal servo arm, fit the voltage regulator...Oh, and build the Mirage...
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Last edited by MikeTheCrash; Jul 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts