HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Raceview
Joined Jan 2011
140 Posts
Discussion
DX8 and AIO head tracking.

Could some please explain or point me in the direction were to find a step through for setting up head tracking with the dx8 radio.

I know you have to program channels to the trainer port, but i keep getting lost in the radio.

I have it so far as to being able to push the trainer button and the head tracking servo's work, but the plane controls stop.

Thanks,

Rob
QIK_RX is offline Find More Posts by QIK_RX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:06 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,339 Posts
You want to change the trainer mode to Programmable Master and disable trainee control of the flight control channels, leaving enabled only the pan/tilt servos.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:43 PM
Australia, QLD, Raceview
Joined Jan 2011
140 Posts
Andy,

Thanks mate. I was kinda on the right track. Now I have to go shopping for a new switch to replace the button.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Rob.
QIK_RX is offline Find More Posts by QIK_RX
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:31 AM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QIK_RX View Post
Could some please explain or point me in the direction were to find a step through for setting up head tracking with the dx8 radio.

I know you have to program channels to the trainer port, but i keep getting lost in the radio.

I have it so far as to being able to push the trainer button and the head tracking servo's work, but the plane controls stop.

Thanks,

Rob
Hi Rob,

Reading your post, I imagine you've achieved to use your DX8 for head tracking. As I'm planing to buy a DX8 too, I would like to know wich haed tracking system you managed to get work and what is your setup to connect it to the radio. I've been looking for informations on many forums, but I've not found many answers about what works or want doesn't work with this radio ! Many people keep saying spektrum radio are not good for fpv and many goggles I've seen seems to output only to futaba square plugs ...are there some adapters on the market to convert futaba plugs to spektrum plugs ?

Thanks you !
damdam76 is offline Find More Posts by damdam76
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:45 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
666 Posts
Any replies? I want to be able to use my DX8 too...
Castel101 is online now Find More Posts by Castel101
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:21 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,382 Posts
Bumb...in the same boat
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Cable

Well here is this.. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=676

Im just beginning to work on the programming though so ill return when i have more to share.

DX8 + AR8000 + Fatshark Dominator w/ head tracking module

Here is a thread to get them working with a DX8. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=29

And if you use a radian p/t pod from readymaderc, you may find this post helpful. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=29

Mine is working flawlessly and its amazing!
cplus is offline Find More Posts by cplus
Last edited by cplus; Jan 23, 2012 at 04:37 AM.