Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:53 AM
Is Stateside.......
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1actual View Post
Thanks Dave. Yes, Hero2 1080p/30fps.
Thats made my mind up I just gotta get a GoPro.......Hero 3 here I come.

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
707 Posts
Im using one of the new horyzon hdd3 cameras, very good picture also, but nice to see some low flying, so much better when its smooth flying.
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:13 PM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
sounds like a flat vtx battery.
Is this in reference to my problem? If so my pack are fully charge
Euwan is offline Find More Posts by Euwan
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euwan View Post
Hi, Guys

So today was my first FPV flight using the Raptor and the fatshark gear, with ezosd. I could fly for about a minute then my goggles would get those wavy lines and the picture never comes back. I have to land wait a bit then it comes back, even if I fly really close the picture goes. Also sometimes the screen just goes black but I am still able to see the osd information. I tried with both a 100mw + 600mw tx cloverleaf and the pole thing and it still does the same thing. Please could anyone help me figure out what is wrong?
If you are seeing OSD, then there is not a problem in the transmitting of video. The problem is occuring somewhere in the path from camera to OSD, or the OSD itself has a problem.. I would assume you can recreate the problem while the plane is on the ground. When the problem is occuring, what happens if you remove the OSD, and go straight from camera to VTX? If the problem goes away, then the problem is related to the OSD.. Could it be electrical noise?
InFocus is offline Find More Posts by InFocus
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
What I need to know is the order that you plugged in your servos into the Frsky receiver? Any info on the plug order will be appreciated!
It 100% depends on the radio settings. Which radio you are using your FrSky DFT module with?

Rather than trust what others may say, or what you might find on the internet, just test it..

Turn on TX
put the ESC bec like ch8.. (or you can use a stand alone BEC if you want)
Plug in the battery to the ESC or power the BEC, so now the RX has power..

Then just plug one of your servos into port1 of the RX, and determine which TX stick makes it move..
Then plug the servo into port2, and repeat.. etc, etc, etc.

It's better to be taught how to fish, rather than just given the fish..
InFocus is offline Find More Posts by InFocus
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:25 AM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
If you are seeing OSD, then there is not a problem in the transmitting of video. The problem is occuring somewhere in the path from camera to OSD, or the OSD itself has a problem.. I would assume you can recreate the problem while the plane is on the ground. When the problem is occuring, what happens if you remove the OSD, and go straight from camera to VTX? If the problem goes away, then the problem is related to the OSD.. Could it be electrical noise?
I can't recreate the problem on the ground as everything works perfect when it is on the ground. It is only after like a minute of flying that the problem occurs either I lose video and don't get it back until I land or the screen goes black with just OSD. The cables on the gear are very short and not sure how to extend them so I can separate them more.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:28 AM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Just an update I have tested my stuff again by leaving the tx in my room and walking out of my house with the goggles on, which is approx 50m. I lose signal by that point but as soon as I turn around I get it back. I am wondering does the cold affect things as I was flying in the cold yesterday. Even when I landed it took maybe 20secs before I got a video feed.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:36 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
Just an update I have tested my stuff again by leaving the tx in my room and walking out of my house with the goggles on, which is approx 50m. I lose signal by that point but as soon as I turn around I get it back. I am wondering does the cold affect things as I was flying in the cold yesterday. Even when I landed it took maybe 20secs before I got a video feed.
I am wondering if your video tx has been powered up without the antenna attached?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:41 AM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
I am wondering if your video tx has been powered up without the antenna attached?
I have never done so,also I tried it on 2 tx and I get roughly the same distance, with the 100mw tx I get maybe a few steps less. How would I know if it has been powered without the ant?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
All I know is I have the same gear you do. Mine has range farther than I would ever fly. I know that if the 5.8 video TX was ever powered up without the antenna atached that it burns the unit componets and greatly reduces the range. If you got the unit used perhaps the owner before you did something.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:56 AM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
All I know is I have the same gear you do. Mine has range farther than I would ever fly. I know that if the 5.8 video TX was ever powered up without the antenna atached that it burns the unit componets and greatly reduces the range. If you got the unit used perhaps the owner before you did something.
I bought it brand new
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:30 AM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Ok guys this is what I am thinking that it might indeed be a power problem. I have the osd the camera gps, servos etc (motor, rx) and fight stabilizer all being ran of the turnigy plush 60amp 3a ubec. Everything is being ran off the same power source and most of my flight was at full throttle. Maybe when the packs are fresh that is why I was able to get signal and as I am flying it is not enough to power the vtx. When I land the packs are at rest then is able to power it again. Could this be the problem?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:12 AM
I love my HammerHead wing...
Joined Jun 2012
579 Posts
Euwan,
maybe this is the problem.
But no matter the real reason, listen to my advice and use an external BEC to power your electronics.
If possible use an extra small lipo to supply current to that BEC.
Just my 2 c.

Sakis
sgrouts is online now Find More Posts by sgrouts
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
It 100% depends on the radio settings. Which radio you are using your FrSky DFT module with?

Rather than trust what others may say, or what you might find on the internet, just test it..

Turn on TX
put the ESC bec like ch8.. (or you can use a stand alone BEC if you want)
Plug in the battery to the ESC or power the BEC, so now the RX has power..

Then just plug one of your servos into port1 of the RX, and determine which TX stick makes it move..
Then plug the servo into port2, and repeat.. etc, etc, etc.

It's better to be taught how to fish, rather than just given the fish..
It took 14 hours but using your suggested method worked!. THANKS!