HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:21 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1actual View Post
Thanks Blueprint. Great flight as well with that rocket of a wing there! What is the wingspan? The heavier we make these smaller wings, the sketchier they become My wing is on the bench being operated on w/ a hot wire. Embedding ezuhf rx and vtx at wingtips. I'll post pics when she's showered n dressed.
Yeah, its to heavy and when flown slow it drops a wing. It was fun but at the same time nerve racking lol. Its funny because im also embedding the equipment on my popwing as we speak. Right now im cutting a large square to house a 3300 or 4000mah 3s batt.

What motor will you be using?
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:25 AM
I love my HammerHead wing...
Joined Jun 2012
727 Posts
Alpha, I am glad that I transmitted my wing virus to you : D

Alpha and Blueprint,
guys get a bigger wing.
Or make one.
For the fpv flights we love to fly, we need more wing surface.
I just made a 67" wing from dollar tree and blue insulation foam using a Kf airfoil.
As soon as my 825W motor gets here from China I will maiden her.

Sakis
sgrouts is offline Find More Posts by sgrouts
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:57 PM
Россия, Пермский край, город Пермь
Joined Jul 2011
210 Posts
Sony Nex5N on my Raptor.

Test flight
Sony Nex5N on FPV Raptor (3 min 45 sec)
ilipin is offline Find More Posts by ilipin
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:44 PM
Joined May 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrouts View Post

Alpha and Blueprint,
guys get a bigger wing.
Or make one.
I just made a 67" wing from dollar tree and blue insulation foam using a Kf airfoil.

Sakis
Virus is rapidly taking control of critical sections of my brain. A larger wing is in the plans (RangeVideo RVjet), but the popwing serves a different purpose for me. I have the Raptor and Twinstar for long range scenic GoPro missions. I've been out high and far with much success, and I'm returning to simplicity. The 900mm wing meets my requirement for a FPV platform that can be transported in the smallest of cars, trains, or attached to a backpack for those deep hikes through the woods to get to that special spot. It's able to be deployed and packed quickly, almost anywhere, and needs no runway to land, I just catch it. Flight times between 20-30 minutes, and I've no interest in carrying a Gopro, this plane is strictly for fast FPV, for the love of the sport... for FUN.
Alpha1actual is offline Find More Posts by Alpha1actual
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
VID00428 (1 min 25 sec)
VID00430 (0 min 33 sec)
VID00432 (0 min 46 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:03 AM
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
After months and months of waiting on parts, my "new" Raptor is finally ready for testing.

-Motor RC Timer
-TBS 2.4 Tuned Tx
-TBS Core
-Immersion Rc OSD, EZUHF
-Camera RMRC-700XV
-Turnigy ESC

Will start testing on Lawmate 2.4 whips and it everything works well. I'll transition to the Immersion tracker using a 14 dbi patch. Telemetry seems to be loading to the tracker and Iphone on my ground station. Special thanks to alpha1 actual for the help months ago... Wish me luck!
SimpsonJ is offline Find More Posts by SimpsonJ
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:30 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
972 Posts
Flown mine on Saturday fully equipped (RVG5, PZ0420 cam, GoPro, 1,2GHz) with 5000mA and it flew perfectly.
Just throw it a bit nose up and all went well.
If that is its behaviour at 5000mA then i am just fine.
Video will follow soon....
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:37 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrouts View Post

Alpha and Blueprint,
guys get a bigger wing.
Or make one.

Sakis
I'll eventually get a Zephyr or Deep Reaper but i wanted something cheap and fun which brought me to the popwing but i also picked up a 10" Blunt nose to widen it more and add more payload (OSD, 3300+mah Pack etc)

Here is a video:
Blunt Popwing v2 FPV Maiden - First HD Vid!!! Hero2 Onboard (3 min 49 sec)
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Hi. I got a question, if I may. Why do so many people prefer wing planes over fuselage planes? Because of stability and durability? Sorry, I'm new to all this RC stuff.
BInklz is offline Find More Posts by BInklz
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I just noticed HK here in the US stocked up on everything today! can someone here tell me if this model digital servo will work better than the stock servos provided with the Raptor and will they plug and play (Fit) WITHOUT MODS I dont want to cut foam? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19678 Tell me fast as I want to order some servos before the stock runs out! THANKS
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:29 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,398 Posts
Digital servos draw more power. If your goal is long flights, you may want to stick with analog servos.. I've also heard rumors that some digital servos emit or have more RF noise to them their analog counterparts. I do know know if this is true or measurable..

It seems that popular servo for the raptor seems to be hitec hs-65 or similar servos. My raptor flys great with the S3114 futaba servos. They are a little smaller than stock, so definitely no problem with fit..
InFocus is offline Find More Posts by InFocus
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Well, I have bought 30 of these anyway.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:01 PM
Joined May 2012
857 Posts
HS65-MG's. No modification necessary. Difficult to strip them, they're quite strong. Anazon's got em here free shipping (prime).
Alpha1actual is offline Find More Posts by Alpha1actual
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1actual View Post
HS65-MG's. No modification necessary. Difficult to strip them, they're quite strong. Anazon's got em here free shipping (prime).
WOW! they want more for 1 of those than I paid for 10 of nine!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Well, I now have all the expensive stuff for my Raptor in 1 place!. Buying all these upgraded parts from so many places it quite a job!. I learned to buy many more than I need for spairs. My Raptor now has state of the art FPV stuff and my ground station is now built and ready for use thanks to Ready Made RC!. I really hope to learn how to fly the Raptor good!. I have a much faster and much more expensive plane waiting for my skills to improve. When they do I will put the real good plane to good use!, My expencive plane in the box is made by a company called Freewing and the quality this company puts out has to be seen to be believed!. My goal flight with the Raptor is 1000 feet away from me this is all I want. If with the equipment I have on the Raptor will work for my needed 1000 around the park that would be GREAT!