Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Oct 2010
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjella View Post
i have the 2m wing and i loaded it with a 5800mah 3 cell and that was no problem at all,then i just have to set it up with fpv gear and fly:-)
can you post any picture of the distribution of the components? Where do you place the battery? I put a 5000mAh nanotech with the GoPro and it becomes very nose-heavy.

Thanks!!!

Saludos...
ssancho is offline Find More Posts by ssancho
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Hi guys, Just received my new Raptor 1600mm in the mail and have an issue that i need an answer for before i go and stuff it up completely trying to fix on my own.....

The stock aileron servos are crap (well all the servos are crap IMHO) so today i got some new servos (Hitec HS-65HB) to swap out the crappy ones it comes with. I have successfully changed out the rudder and elevator ones (too easy) however......... As this is my first ever EPO winged plane i am curious how you guys get your aileron servos out as they appear to be hot glued in and i am paranoid about destroying the wing getting the crap ones out. I dont want to proceed before i get an easy to understand explaination of this.

Any help would be appreciated and i hope to hear asap from you.

Thanks
aussiecree is offline Find More Posts by aussiecree
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:22 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donda2011 View Post
Hi,

Here a Video of my new FPV Raptor at the beach of Javea / spain.
Raptor EX, 2m , no mods (until now), GoPro HD , no FPV .
I let the plane climb until i almost could not see it anymore.

cheers,
Daniel

http://youtu.be/gdYjmadTlcA
Hey Daniel
Can you let me know which motor did you chose ?
Thanks
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:43 AM
United Kingdom, England, Chelmsford
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecree View Post
Hi guys, Just received my new Raptor 1600mm in the mail and have an issue that i need an answer for before i go and stuff it up completely trying to fix on my own.....

The stock aileron servos are crap (well all the servos are crap IMHO) so today i got some new servos (Hitec HS-65HB) to swap out the crappy ones it comes with. I have successfully changed out the rudder and elevator ones (too easy) however......... As this is my first ever EPO winged plane i am curious how you guys get your aileron servos out as they appear to be hot glued in and i am paranoid about destroying the wing getting the crap ones out. I dont want to proceed before i get an easy to understand explaination of this.

Any help would be appreciated and i hope to hear asap from you.

Thanks
If you could share any photos of the motor area, the payload area and the servos it would be much appreciated. Mine's still yet to be delivered so can't help as yet
alexthecheese is offline Find More Posts by alexthecheese
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthecheese View Post
If you could share any photos of the motor area, the payload area and the servos it would be much appreciated. Mine's still yet to be delivered so can't help as yet
Several detailed photos posted here on the motor mount and servos.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1530414
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
have sorted out the wing servos, they actually came out without any damage to the wing at all. Have replaced all the servos now and am happy i did.
1 question though. How much nose weight do you all feel you need to add. I am using 2200 3c battery right in the nose and have had to add 70gr of lead to the nose to get CG right. Seems excessive to me but as this is an fpv with the expectation to have FPV gear ahead of the leading edge of the wing i guess it isnt that bad.

Whats everyone think of this and how much weight you adding?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have recently flown my 1600mm version and attached a shock proof camera to the unit and the ESC got too hot and stopped the motor from turning. Obviously i need to replace the stock ESC but.........to what???
As i am a noobie to all this powered stuff..(have flown Gliders for years but never with motors) i need to know what to change the ESC and possibly motor, if required, to have untroubled flying without ANY concern for it just shutting down.
Can you PLEASE help me with what i need to replace and where i can get it....ie; Hobbyking or similar with exact description and part #.
So in summary i need new ESC and possibly motor to suit FPV raptor 1600mm that a noobie like me will understand and, with relation to the motor, no modification to the fuselage.
I look forward to hearing your recommendations and any advice to have trouble free flying in the future. Price is not the concern....... within reason!!!!.
Cheers.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,
I have recently flown my 1600mm version and attached a shock proof camera to the unit and the ESC got too hot and stopped the motor from turning. Obviously i need to replace the stock ESC but.........to what???
As i am a noobie to all this powered stuff..(have flown Gliders for years but never with motors) i need to know what to change the ESC and possibly motor, if required, to have untroubled flying without ANY concern for it just shutting down.
Can you PLEASE help me with what i need to replace and where i can get it....ie; Hobbyking or similar with exact description and part #.
So in summary i need new ESC and possibly motor to suit FPV raptor 1600mm that a noobie like me will understand and, with relation to the motor, no modification to the fuselage.
I look forward to hearing your recommendations and any advice to have trouble free flying in the future. Price is not the concern....... within reason!!!!.
Cheers.
Here you go, try this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html
You would be better off getting a separate BEC, so order this as well
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Reduction.html
bignose13 is online now Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Here you go, try this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html
You would be better off getting a separate BEC, so order this as well
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Reduction.html
Ummmm, thanks for your help but..........
As i mentioned i have no idea about this stuff and am slightly confused.
So the ESC you suggest will easily?? do the job on the standard motor without any heating issues?????
Also, Why do i need the UBEC? I dont know what these are and why i need it when the ESC you suggested seems to have one (Whatever they are) lol.
Could you please explain the benefit of the BEC?
Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 01:24 AM
Canberra, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
540 Posts
Does any one know what brand and model the Std ESC is? I need to know what the programming is and how to change.

Happy Days.
joel0407 is offline Find More Posts by joel0407
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,274 Posts
Throw the standrd ESC in the bin...Have 2 Raptors and both have killed the ESC
cody069 is online now Find More Posts by cody069
Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
Throw the standrd ESC in the bin...Have 2 Raptors and both have killed the ESC
AND........... replaced with???????????
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:12 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,274 Posts
Align 75 amp Esc

Ewatts 40 Amp..

Had them both laying around
cody069 is online now Find More Posts by cody069
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:20 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Ummmm, thanks for your help but..........
As i mentioned i have no idea about this stuff and am slightly confused.
So the ESC you suggest will easily?? do the job on the standard motor without any heating issues?????
Also, Why do i need the UBEC? I dont know what these are and why i need it when the ESC you suggested seems to have one (Whatever they are) lol.
Could you please explain the benefit of the BEC?
Thanks.
If you use 4 servos or maybe 6 if you have the 2M wing like me you will draw more amps than the esc will handle or it will struggle to keep supplying so will go into shut down.
If you use a seperate bec, it can handle a lot more amps and your esc will not shut down because it is not being over used, you must remove the red wire from the esc servo plug first though, or you will destroy your esc
bignose13 is online now Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:34 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
I bought the model 2m. I noticed that the aileron and flap cuts are deep and seem very weak, how you solved it? thanks
goryc is offline Find More Posts by goryc