HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gluemaster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:15 AM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
Discussion
It flies again

I took the Lancair out Saturday afternoon after the rain stopped and the wind died down. I lined it up, applied the throttle and up it went. About 3 feet above the ground the canopy blew off. I had forgotten to bring the Scotch tape with me to tape it on. I continued the flight without the canopy as I have done two times before, I just had to trim it up a little to compensate for the additional drag. I guess I'll have to fabricate a mount for the front of the canopy so it can hinge and put some type of lock on the rear of it to keep it down. Anyway it sure looks better with the new paint on it as it's flying by. I think the orientation is a little better with the darker color as well. I may put some decals on it to liven it up a little but I'm not sure.
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster
to remove ads between posts