HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:49 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
And... what did you do on your birthday in 1946 ?
Lets see that was pre Nintendo, pre Apple, pre internet, pre integrated circuits...
Hey Mate, I got my butt spanked for washing my dad's new '46 Chevy with water from the muddy puddle!!! My sisters got ice cream and cake but I didn't!!! Made me mad as he**!!!
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:13 AM
Germany, lake of constance
Joined Oct 2010
407 Posts
Display PIC

Hi Martin

Here is a pic, hope it is ok.

Best regards
Micha
snoopy_schulz is offline Find More Posts by snoopy_schulz
Last edited by snoopy_schulz; Jul 28, 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: new pic
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:47 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,687 Posts
I agree ditch the serif for more LCD real estate. Segregation by lines is a great idea. Helps with eye orientation when just glancing.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:06 AM
Australia, NT, Anmatjere
Joined Oct 2010
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy_schulz View Post
Hi Martin

Here is a pic, hope it is ok.

Best regards
Micha
Good less = more
Now l on a hardware side get rid of the 1980s design wheel imho, for buttons cant break/ acidently toggle when knocked....
Emoto is offline Find More Posts by Emoto
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:39 PM
Germany, lake of constance
Joined Oct 2010
407 Posts
Hi Martin

I would like to know how the rpm sensor output works. I think it is a serial TTL output ? I would like to integrate the
rpm sensor in my serial power hub (voltage, current, power and consumed mAh). Do you have an idea? I have searched the IC
shown in your rpm sensor pic, but not found.

Best regards
Micha
snoopy_schulz is offline Find More Posts by snoopy_schulz
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Apr 2003
11 Posts
Quote:
I'm in need of some artistic support from somebody with photoshop type skills.

I've commented to FrSky about the GIU of the DHT-U and the cramped font and lack of some dividing lines between data values and groups. I think it could be improved a bit.

If anyone has the skill to edit this image and change the font width of the voltage readings and put a thin box around them to separate them visually from the fuel and RSSI readings it would help. Then repost the new image here for FrSky to see it (and maybe do the other couple of screens later as well if it works out). I'm thinking that if we can suggest the screen layout to FrSky in an image, then their engineering people can see it and make it so...
Much easier than explaining it in English and converting to Chinese

PS. Maybe a san-serif font would be more compact width wise ?
I like the big font, but agree it does look a bit cluttered. Something like this, with perhaps a little tidying up, might work
horsj is offline Find More Posts by horsj
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:35 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
399 Posts
Quote:
No that doesn't count as it's a reptile not an invertebrate
Normaly I would agree with you but ..... Before the printer started working it was a vertebrate ..... afterwards it was an in-vertebrate .... a BIG invertebrate !!
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
Last edited by debianhot; Jul 28, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 01:33 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debianhot View Post
I remember de-lizarding a printer some time ago . Does that count ?

EDIT: It was actualy a geko not a lizard so I would have written de-gekoing ??
Nope ! Perfored cards only :-)
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Old Jul 29, 2011, 01:44 AM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
I'm in need of some artistic support from somebody with photoshop type skills.

I've commented to FrSky about the GIU of the DHT-U and the cramped font and lack of some dividing lines between data values and groups. I think it could be improved a bit.

If anyone has the skill to edit this image and change the font width of the voltage readings and put a thin box around them to separate them visually from the fuel and RSSI readings it would help. Then repost the new image here for FrSky to see it (and maybe do the other couple of screens later as well if it works out). I'm thinking that if we can suggest the screen layout to FrSky in an image, then their engineering people can see it and make it so...
Much easier than explaining it in English and converting to Chinese

PS. Maybe a san-serif font would be more compact width wise ?
What about an all in one information page ? You know, this kind of screen that auto scrool values and pages without having to "push the button" inflght... It sadly reminds me somthing like "Lost"... which is beginning with a "plane crash !!!!" ;-)
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:52 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothar2048 View Post
What about an all in one information page ? You know, this kind of screen that auto scrool values and pages without having to "push the button" inflght... It sadly reminds me somthing like "Lost"... which is beginning with a "plane crash !!!!" ;-)
Perhaps ultimately it would be best if the settings menu would let the user select which sensors to display on the first screen, the second screen etc etc. This is done now by Eagle Tree with their E-logger and PowerPanel LCD (which I have).
While I do use that feature and like the idea on DHT-U, it will be much harder. The reason being that each sensor uses a different amount of LCD area to display, so it's hard to make the readings 'modular' for display.
But it's worth FrSky at least keeping the idea in mind until it proves to be too hard.
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:01 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsj View Post
I like the big font, but agree it does look a bit cluttered. Something like this, with perhaps a little tidying up, might work
Yep, that's a big improvement I think. Also there needs to be a rearrangement on the Accelerometer screen. Want to work some photoshop magic on that one ?

There is a lot more scope for change on this one. The annunciation text for Speed, RPM and Altitude could be just appended to the end of the values.

Speed

to->

0.00 KPH

Or they could just be 'boxed up' like your improvement on the Volt readings.

Also I'm thinking the GMT Time display on the top line is a bit superfluous on each page, it really only needs to be on one page IMHO ?
Then the AccX, AccY, AccZ could move up one line. What say you guys ?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:45 AM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Yep, that's a big improvement I think. Also there needs to be a rearrangement on the Accelerometer screen. Want to work some photoshop magic on that one ?

There is a lot more scope for change on this one. The annunciation text for Speed, RPM and Altitude could be just appended to the end of the values.

Speed

to->

0.00 KPH

Or they could just be 'boxed up' like your improvement on the Volt readings.

Also I'm thinking the GMT Time display on the top line is a bit superfluous on each page, it really only needs to be on one page IMHO ?
Then the AccX, AccY, AccZ could move up one line. What say you guys ?
Well, a timer would have been just fine, but it's more coding ;-)... Actually GPS can give you the time. So why they are telling you the time ;-)

BTW, it can really be improved much more than this with all values in a single screen.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:40 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,115 Posts
I am sorry if this has been asked and answered but can the hub work with all of the telemetry receivers or only certain ones?

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:21 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
I am sorry if this has been asked and answered but can the hub work with all of the telemetry receivers or only certain ones?

Frank
My understanding is any of them will work with the Hub, but maybe Eva from FrSky can confirm that for us...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:32 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy_schulz View Post
Hi Martin
I would like to know how the rpm sensor output works. I think it is a serial TTL output ?
Micha
Hi Micha. I checked the output of the RPM sensor with my oscilloscope tonight for you.
What I see on the yellow wire is a continuous pulse train output of square pulses, at the frequency of the input signal, and at 3.3V. So the sensor is a signal conditioner and pulse shaper. The Hub must use the pulses to determine RPM from either period or pulse counting.

One thing became obvious though, we need a divider for RPM in the DHT-U Settings Menu, for two blade, three blade or four blade props.

For input I was lazy and pointed the sensor at my fluorescent desk light BTW, which gives 6000 rpm (100Hz flickering from 50Hz AC).
Martin