HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:45 AM
BelgiŽ, Brussel, Brussel
Joined Nov 2010
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jo)Hannes View Post
I can send you my code, it seems to work, but its not that nice, i copied a lot from other projects as i am not much used to C programming - my Java Code would look better!
Android is java. You can even use eclipse IDE. And Android devices are available for as little as 80 EUR brand new. Thats for wifi, BT, 3g, touch, ... Don't hesitate .

I've seen the code from er9x frsky. Should be fine. I'll let you know if I fail . I will use gps on Android 2 compare with gps on plane for distance etc.
sh4nce is offline Find More Posts by sh4nce
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:57 AM
BelgiŽ, Brussel, Brussel
Joined Nov 2010
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLans View Post
I would like to make my own cables for sensors and I am looking for 2,3,4 connector plugs that would fit sensor sockets on the Sensor Hub.
I found nothing about these plugs.
Does anyone know their name and links to get them?
Thanks
Did you try balance plugs? Looks the same. Don't try with a plug still on lipo!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:58 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
519 Posts
Arg, i read Arduino instead of Android in your thread!

Yes, i know the Android Stuff, i am working all day with Java and Eclipse and two of my colleques just started with Android programming, that would not be the problem, i just have no time and desire to program Android stuff in the evening.
I was near to buy an Galaxy Nexus, but my 3gs still does the job. I think i will wait for the first $100 Android 4.0 tab which has BT build-in, can't be far away after the Novo 7 Paladin.

First i want to have the Vario hardware running.
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:49 AM
BelgiŽ, Brussel, Brussel
Joined Nov 2010
284 Posts
Quote:
Arg, i read Arduino instead of Android in your thread!
Okay now I understand your answer .

I went for the inverter option between bluetooth ttl & rs2322 inverted signal from DJT module as suggested by renatoa. Works well with only minimal hardware required. The bluetooth module wasn't even 10 EUR and the inverter was below 5 EUR.

Also I now can only burn the module and inverter if I connect the wrong way. I won't be able to blow up anything on my phone like this .
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:00 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
519 Posts
Yes, in your case you need the inverter, and the FrSky fdd-lite adapter does the job very well, i use that as converter in my TH9x.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:44 AM
BelgiŽ, Brussel, Brussel
Joined Nov 2010
284 Posts
Quote:
Yes, in your case you need the inverter, and the FrSky fdd-lite adapter does the job very well, i use that as converter in my TH9x.
Do you know how to get 3V out of it? Renatoa mentioned that but I can't seem to find how to get that working. From the documentation one pin on the big header is not labeled while the smaller pins have a vcc pint but I didn't work, didn't measure it yet.

For now I use the 5v pin from the DJT module directly to the bluetooth adapter. It can have up to 6v.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:49 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,208 Posts
Identify the ground on the big header, is one of the extremes.
Next pin near ground is the 5V pin, that comes from Tx module, and is regulated to 3.3V on this tiny adapter board using an LDO, and output as 3.3V on small header.
So 3.3V on small header can't be produced without having connected a 5V supply on big header.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Jan 26, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:06 AM
BelgiŽ, Brussel, Brussel
Joined Nov 2010
284 Posts
Big thanks again renatoa! I tried that yesterday but it didn't work. I had it running on 5v before I tested on 3v and I noticed before that if I run the BT module on 5v it doesn't work on 3v anymore for some time. Next day it does accept the 3v again. Probably that's what happened. Will measure it out and then I'm sure.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4nce View Post
Did you try balance plugs? Looks the same. Don't try with a plug still on lipo!
The balance plugs don't fit, they are bigger than the Sensor Hub one.
CLans is offline Find More Posts by CLans
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLans View Post
I would like to make my own cables for sensors and I am looking for 2,3,4 connector plugs that would fit sensor sockets on the Sensor Hub.
I found nothing about these plugs.
Does anyone know their name and links to get them?
Thanks
The ones I have bought and asure you that fit are ..

2 pin connector plug :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9727

3 pin connector plug :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13423

4 pin connector plug :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170755566718...84.m1439.l2649

You can alllso make a 4 pin connector plug by sanding slightly the oposite sides of two 2 pin connectors and pluging them side by side .
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:12 PM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
519 Posts
So, my first Version of the Arduino code for parsing the FrSky Hub data is ready, first version of the Ardiuno-vario-code too. Will test it on Saturday!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:43 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
399 Posts
Quote:
So, my first Version of the Arduino code for parsing the FrSky Hub data is ready, first version of the Ardiuno-vario-code too. Will test it on Saturday!
Wish you good luck and a lot of thermals !!
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Jun 2008
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
Why DHT-U doesn't have backlight like the other frsky screen (for modules) has ?
Why can't the LED not be switched off?

greez

chris
seuchato is offline Find More Posts by seuchato
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debianhot View Post
The ones I have bought and asure you that fit are ..

2 pin connector plug :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9727

3 pin connector plug :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13423

4 pin connector plug :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170755566718...84.m1439.l2649

You can alllso make a 4 pin connector plug by sanding slightly the oposite sides of two 2 pin connectors and pluging them side by side .
Many thanks Debianhot!
I'll order soon...
CLans is offline Find More Posts by CLans
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:42 PM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,220 Posts
Hope you all don't mind getting back to the Winged Shadow "Thermal Scout" without a hub discussion. I got the goodies (vario and cable) today. I have it in A2 of a D8R-II. With my threshold set at 118 I can "bench fly" and the alarm goes off when I am lifting the Rcvr and sensor up. I'm close enough that I'll go try it but the thing I don't understand is I have two different tones in the alarm. Is there an "almost" pre-alarm? I have no other alarms on and when I turn the Thermal Scout off (actually just lock a voltage) both tome go away. I have chosen alarm option 3 and it definitely goes off on rising. The other tone is some what lower with a lower interval. it goes off occasionally as if the alarm is getting close when the sensor is sitting still. I can't do it for long because I come to the floor but if I lower the sensor it seems to stop all alarms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrye View Post
Renatoa,

I had to set the FLD-02 at "01" to get the correct voltage display.

When I set the alarm at 132 the alarm does not sound now, but it will not trigger wen the voltage increases withh movement.
dang is offline Find More Posts by dang