Joined Jul 2011
27 Posts
Name: $(KGrHqJ,!iIE1MO+pZsOBNfiPFShww~~_3[1].jpg
Views: 144
Size: 65.7 KB
Description: try this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mini-Micro-ZH...d=300685282866
c.hoppel is offline Find More Posts by c.hoppel
Last edited by c.hoppel; Dec 25, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:53 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Switches are off, PPM is on, and have already tried another receiver - no go
Waiting now to try 1. with another FrSky module 2. another Tx with the module
Kev
Hmm, you might just be unlucky with that module.
OK, other less likely things. The radio is in PPM mode not PCM ? Have you tried using the module in Normal mode (and putting it into binding mode) and then gone back to Two Way mode and rebind ?
I know you probably don't have a normal V8 series receiver, but there was an issue some time ago with first time binding, since resolved.

Also, you could try reflashing the modules firmware if you know how to do that.

Cheers,
Martin

PS. One last other thing to check. We once had somebody able to fit the Futaba module into the radio handset with two connecting pins squashed into one hole in the module. Caused all manner of strange things till he worked it out...
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:05 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Sensor is not inaccurate, pressure to altitude relation is not exact science.

To reset, you have a R soft button on the screen, near altitude field. Press hardware button when that R is highlighted, and altitude will be reset to zero.
All the other info I was aware of. What i did NOT know, is that there was a reset "soft button" as you called it. Brilliant ! thanks!

Feels like finding another Frsky 'Easter Egg' (typical)
viper1 is offline Find More Posts by viper1
Last edited by viper1; Dec 25, 2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:06 AM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
Where's the USB port gone????

I may have had a wee bit too much xmas spirit but where's the DHT-U's mini-USB gone?

I got one for myself for Xmas and thought I might upgrade the firmware today. I spent over an hour searching the internet for where the @$!! mini-USB was on the thing.

Finally, I realise that where the mini-USB should be there's now a 3 pin socket.
It certainly seems to have what I'm thinking is a micro-SD card slot on the side.

But what's going on with the USB? and how do you update firmware on these (I'm presuming, newer) ones.

Any ideas anyone???
quincross is offline Find More Posts by quincross
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:45 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,748 Posts
That is not surprizing, that plug never was a real USB, but a TTL serial, used for firmware updates.

Yes that slot is for a future microSD, not soldered on PCB for untis currently on sale, but the tracks are there, you can DIY when the firmware with logging functions will be out.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:44 PM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
Quote:
Yes that slot is for a future microSD, not soldered on PCB for untis currently on sale, but the tracks are there, you can DIY when the firmware with logging functions will be out.
As I could see metal back there I just checked with a micro SD card - there's definitely a micro SD card connector back there as the card goes in, locks and ejects perfectly.

Do you mean that they incorporated the micro SD card connector on the PCB, but just didn't solder any circuits to it? Weird - why incorporate a component if you can never use it without a hack? If it was me I would have left it off the board and just left the tracks in place for future versions - save $ on the components where you can is usually the mantra.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,748 Posts
Now you realy surprised me...

No, I meant that first batches were sold without any card reader/connector inside the box, I mean this part:
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/...e=Introduction
There are no circuits around, the wires goes straight to the display processor.

The slot was already cut, because the case is moulded and is very costy to have two different moulds. Also the PCB was ready with tracks for card reader/connector from the start. They just didn't soldered reader/connector - to cut costs wth, such connector costs 10cents, and there are no electronics inside or outside !

I was not aware they started to sell DHT-U already fitted with card readers, good news ! This means the logger firmware is close !
Last edited by renatoa; Dec 26, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 02:48 PM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
Quote:
Now you realy surprised me...

No, I meant that first batches were sold without any card reader/connector inside the box, I mean this part:
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/...e=Introduction
Well, Yep - a Micro SD connector is definitely on the board now

What you say makes a lot of sense - manuafacturers even miss resistors off boards if there is no current use for them - they may cost 0.1p but once you've soldered it and if you're selling 100,000 units......$$$$

I've yet to turn on the unit and test it - so it'll be interesting to see if it's running v2 firmware.....hey....who knows, maybe even the SD card data x-change has been implemented (......with any other manufacturer it would be but with FrSky I doubt it - I do like the way they let the user hack things )
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:53 PM
Joined Mar 2009
295 Posts
FrSky D4R-II and D8R-II plus

D4R-II (upgrade version of D4FR) and D8R-II plus (upgrade version of D8R-II) will be available!
D4R-II and D8R-II plus share the same specifications, features and set up procedures as D4FR and D8R-II respectively, besides they have new features below.

New features of D4R-II over D4FR:
1, Firmware upgradeable;
2, One external analog telemetry port and one digital data-stream port.
Name: D4R-II (telemetry ports).jpg
Views: 581
Size: 17.8 KB
Description:

New feature of D8R-II plus over D8R-II:
When side port pins of A1 and X are connected by the jumper, A1 will change from external analog telemetry port to internal built-in battery voltage sensor.
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:22 AM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
New DHT-U upgrade pinout

Frsky have just got back to me by email - Here is the pin arrangement on the new DHT-U systems.

Massive thanks to "Allen" at FrSky for being so responsive to email's at Xmas!! I've got to say that FrSky's customer service is amazing, I only sent them an email 6hrs ago!!! A huge contrast to Futaba who are usually so good but this time....(email sent 21st Dec & still waiting for a reply!)
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:24 AM
The simplest, the better!
Italy, Europe
Joined Apr 2002
1,056 Posts
Hi
maybe a dumb question, but... where the sensor hub data plug can be connected in a D8RII receiver V2 fw? Is it wrong to connect it to the G/TX/RX port?
regards
Pierluigi
pdemon is offline Find More Posts by pdemon
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,748 Posts
Not wrong, That is the right port, serial line.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdemon View Post
Hi
maybe a dumb question, but... where the sensor hub data plug can be connected in a D8RII receiver V2 fw? Is it wrong to connect it to the G/TX/RX port?
regards
Pierluigi
From the manual;
viper1 is offline Find More Posts by viper1
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:12 AM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
Quote:
Not wrong, That is the right port, serial line.
Yep ,

You wouldn't really expect them to change the PCB layout at this stage....but best to check rather than fry!!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:16 AM
The simplest, the better!
Italy, Europe
Joined Apr 2002
1,056 Posts
Ok, it was a dumb question, I missed that detail in the manual...
Thank you Renato and viper1 ;-)
pdemon is offline Find More Posts by pdemon