HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:39 AM
Chile, Bío-Bío, Cabrero
Joined Dec 2004
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
No luck for you, no more serial output in DHT-U, because was considered is no more needed.
Ok, that would be it for so called "open system "....
I have read so many pages on the subject and suddenly all is not was it seemed to be.

I will not , not that I do not have the ideas to do so , but argue with Frsky how they came to this conclusion ( leave out serial output code ) ...

but, how is one going to use the Frsky monitoring software/and used to set alarms, wich I have seen demoed in Video ?

The DHT-U is doing his original job in my case , I am upgrading to Frsky for my RC Helicopters so no lost in that. DRIIPlus receivers..., Lipo monitoring

Would the DIY Kit TX ( no screen ) still have serial out ? , I would be willing to by one for this other particular purpose.

All in all, very disapointed, Frsky, you cut my wings in half...

Thank you for your prompt answer Renatoa
Greetings from Chile
frasenci is offline Find More Posts by frasenci
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:34 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,504 Posts
I think this behavior was described in many places in the main Frsky thread, not sure if here.

> but argue with Frsky how they came to this conclusion ( leave out serial output code ) ...
Because DHT-U does everything you needed before to do connecting the module to a PC: you can set all alarms, record data for after the flight analysis, etc.

> but, how is one going to use the Frsky monitoring software/and used to set alarms, wich I have seen demoed in Video ?

see above, no more need for PC

> Would the DIY Kit TX ( no screen ) still have serial out ?
Yes, because the module itself has no means to set or display anything

> All in all, very disapointed, Frsky, you cut my wings in half...
Sorry to hear this, but I think they designed DHT-U (which is the last module on the market) with other target customer in mind, to make the things as simple as possible for him.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:54 AM
Chile, Bío-Bío, Cabrero
Joined Dec 2004
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
I think this behavior was described in many places in the main Frsky thread, not sure if here.
>.
Ok , thank you for prompt answer Renatoa.

I guess, after going trough so much pages I have miss it...

Agree, on second tought, DHT-U does not need a PC in its original target function. Still, no see the economy on leaving it out,,,,,, ( uProcessor load ??)

I just got too enthusiastic after discovering the implications of an serial output,.... will order the DIY Tx kit for this other , non RC applications,..... I want to remotely monitor my Basic Home DIY Solar Panel install...., Voltages,temperatures,.... wich I must postprocess to calculate power etc....... and , on the most part.... just for the fun of it !!!

An empty Rx,Tx Pin will always make the immagination of one tinkerer like me go fly...

Great product Frsky I think, anyway !!

Greetings
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:56 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
A1 voltage

One question:

I have 9x radio, DJT, FLD-02 display.

D8R-II plus, sensor hub, amp sensor, altimeter and cell voltage sensor. Turnigy 5A switching bec supplying the power.

All are supposed to be pretty late revision from Hobbyking. I have not flown yet but already finished the setup. All sensors and data works as advertised out of the box without issues.

One anomality though: I have the hub connected to the rx via the supplied data cable. No other telemetry connections to the rx. All sensors are connected to the hub. When I power up the plane the A1 voltage reads like 4.7V Then it starts to slowly creep up. I was setting up the plane one day and noticed what the hell, the A1 reads 7.4V! I measured the BEC output and it is rock stable at 4.97V. Amp draw on telemetry was approx 0.6A from radio gear and six smallish servos. I this common?
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:35 AM
Chile, Bío-Bío, Cabrero
Joined Dec 2004
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
One question:

I have 9x radio, DJT, FLD-02 display.

D8R-II plus, sensor hub, amp sensor, altimeter and cell voltage sensor. Turnigy 5A switching bec supplying the power.

One anomality though: I have the hub connected to the rx via the supplied data cable. No other telemetry connections to the rx.....?
Dear,

Sensor Hub needs 2 (two) connections to the Receiver , i.e. 1.- Power ( Red-Black) and 2.- Data ( Yellow-Black)

Please check

Greetings
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:16 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
I forgot to mention the hub is powered by the rx/bec like in the picture. Hub does not work without external power.

Edit: It seems the problem is solved. I connected the RX A1 and x-pins with supplied jumper. Now the telemetry A1-voltage is solid 5.0V.
Last edited by B12; Feb 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:56 AM
Chile, Bío-Bío, Cabrero
Joined Dec 2004
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
I forgot to mention the hub is powered by the rx/bec like in the picture. Hub does not work without external power.
Ok, attached 2 detail pictures from mine.
For the inner voltage of the reveiver to be transmitted , the Jumper on A1 must be in position

Hope you solve it

Greetings
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:09 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Yep the jumper solved it.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
France, IdF, Villeparisis
Joined Jul 2003
69 Posts
seems Frsky will release two new vario sensors. One common FVAS-02-C and one high accuracy FVAS-02-H.

http://www.my-rc.ch

Peg@se
pegase is offline Find More Posts by pegase
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:58 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegase View Post
seems Frsky will release two new vario sensors. One common FVAS-02-C and one high accuracy FVAS-02-H.

http://www.my-rc.ch

Peg@se
Yes, that is correct. I thought that was public knowledge?

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Taranis Front Shell Swap
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:57 AM
France, IdF, Villeparisis
Joined Jul 2003
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Yes, that is correct. I thought that was public knowledge?

-Wayne
I thought the common was the old FVAS-01.

Do someone knows more about the differences beetween FVAS-02-C and FVAS-02-H ?

Do they share the same hardware ?

Peg@se
pegase is offline Find More Posts by pegase
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:21 PM
United States, AR, Morrilton
Joined Feb 2013
40 Posts
FrSky Vario's

I like the thought of a vario and I bought the complete package with the Futaba module, display, hub, vario (really it is a altimeter), temp, etc. Having real time data from the model as awesome.

But the vario is not a real vario. It is just an altimeter. I here that there is a new version (FVAS-02-H?). I would really like to see the display reading +/- differences rather than an altimeter. And (yes, I wish) a total energy vario would be awesome. I'm looking at ways to make one and hook it to the hub.

Wayne, when will the FVAS-02-H be out and is a vario or an altimeter? Should I wait for it (flying time is still months away for me)?

Bruneaux
Bruneaux is offline Find More Posts by Bruneaux
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:13 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,504 Posts
You can see even in your vario the difference, as the vertical bar graph right to the altitude.

V2 features a DA pin, which outputs a voltage variable with the ratio, centered around 1.65V. You can build/buy a tone generator, or connect this pin to A2, and use the 3 alarm tones to make an approximate scale.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Aug 2006
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkTonk View Post
My FLVS-01 has finally arrived!

However, I've had no success with reading the information from its serial out from the arduino yet.

I guess it's the concept opto coupling which has got me puzzled, is the wiring not as simple as
FLVS-01 DataOut (Black) -> Arduino GND
FLVS-01 DataOut (Yellow) -> Arduino SoftwareSerial RX Pin?

Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks
i tried the same with the same result here. Did anybody had any success in reading data from the new bus?
Locutus is offline Find More Posts by Locutus
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:06 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,448 Posts
You need a pull-up resistor on the processor side due to the optocoupler. FrSky's website has a PDF describing the protocol for the FAS and FLVS, this has a connection diagram too.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah