HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:04 PM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Thanks, sounds good

I connected again via this adapter, but nothing displayed yet. When I short wired RX-TX, echo is present, so adapter is working.
Strange...
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:31 PM
United States, CA, Walnut
Joined Sep 2006
757 Posts
Sensor hub

Hi

Does the data port on the D4Rll power the sensor hub or do you still need to power it with the servo type connector at the top?

Thanks

Gary
Blusaber is offline Find More Posts by Blusaber
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:19 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,272 Posts
Even on D8R the data port does not power the hub. Yes, you need to power it separate.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:28 PM
United States, CA, Walnut
Joined Sep 2006
757 Posts
Thank you

Gary
Blusaber is offline Find More Posts by Blusaber
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:28 AM
Australia, NSW, Narrabri
Joined Feb 2012
183 Posts
Please help me, the beeps are driving me mad, and my dog

I have asked many people regarding y problem and so far nothing. I have been reading your thread and notice some extremely clever people are present, just in case.

I have the complete (except for the G-force unit) system for FrSky. I bought the module and non telemetry receiver before I knew it wasn't needed with the DHT-U I hooked up the DHY-U with no problems, and powered the Rx and bound them together, no problems. I then did the same with the D8R-II Plus RX and it bound with no problems.

Next came my downfall. I attempted to setup the DHT-U .Somewhere during this venture the DHT started beeping so I returned all the setting to default and it still beeped. I checked everything I could think of and still it beeped. I even changed batteries and no change. I reconnected the non telemetry R and peace reigned, no beeps, my dog suddenly loved me again.

As soon as I connect the D8R etc. away it went again. Please, I beg of you can you give me some idea as to what is wrong. I have been trying now for almost 2 weeks and not a thing changes.

I am running open9X on the 9XR. It was stock standard when the beeps started so it makes no difference. The firmware is whatever the latest FrSky equipment comes with and my battery pack supplies 4.9 volts according to a Fluke MM and the FrSky readout.

Help please?
cr2o3 is offline Find More Posts by cr2o3
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:10 AM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2o3 View Post
I have asked many people regarding y problem and so far nothing. I have been reading your thread and notice some extremely clever people are present, just in case.

I have the complete (except for the G-force unit) system for FrSky. I bought the module and non telemetry receiver before I knew it wasn't needed with the DHT-U I hooked up the DHY-U with no problems, and powered the Rx and bound them together, no problems. I then did the same with the D8R-II Plus RX and it bound with no problems.

Next came my downfall. I attempted to setup the DHT-U .Somewhere during this venture the DHT started beeping so I returned all the setting to default and it still beeped. I checked everything I could think of and still it beeped. I even changed batteries and no change. I reconnected the non telemetry R and peace reigned, no beeps, my dog suddenly loved me again.

As soon as I connect the D8R etc. away it went again. Please, I beg of you can you give me some idea as to what is wrong. I have been trying now for almost 2 weeks and not a thing changes.

I am running open9X on the 9XR. It was stock standard when the beeps started so it makes no difference. The firmware is whatever the latest FrSky equipment comes with and my battery pack supplies 4.9 volts according to a Fluke MM and the FrSky readout.

Help please?
Let's see,
So you have the D8R-II Plus bound and with the A1 jumper in place so that all you are reading is internal rx voltage?

No other sensors connected?

Did you change any of the alarms initially ie A1,A2 or RSSI ?

I would guess that you have inadvertently changed an alarm setting (most likely RSSI) and that is what the beeps are.

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is online now Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:23 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,272 Posts
Indeed, I would ask you for pictures of all alarms settings.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:49 AM
Australia, NSW, Narrabri
Joined Feb 2012
183 Posts
Without appearing lazy, I've tried every default setting shown in the instruction manual. I set everything to exactly what the manual showed and no difference. It's past midnight and being disabled I don't wish to wake my wife to get my radio and camera. I hope you understand. I may not get breakfast if I wake her now :-)

Actually I don't understand the alarm settings. I am using a 4.9 volt battery pack to power the RX . If I set the unit to alarm at A1-1 and to sound at 0 < 004 I read this to mean that if the voltage drops below 4 volts the alarm sounds. Is this the voltage at the RX from the battery pack or the lipo voltage which isn't connected? The manual is not very well written in this regard. If it is the lipo it's referring to why didn't it enter alarm mode as soon as it was bound? I only got alarm beeps when I changed the settings. I see in the manual it keeps referring to 3.3 volts.

Another confusing thing is a hilighted piece of text which states "To obtain the volt alarm value the following formula will be used
Alarm Value= Alarm volt / ratio / 3.3 * 255. What on earth is that about ? Why ratios and not just voltages? I assume the Star denotes multiply so the setting would be 1020 for 4 volts. As the setting only allows 3 digits this must be wrong.

My other problem is the manual tells me that if I have the A1 - X jumper installed the maximum voltage is 3..3 volts with a division ratio of 4:1. The specs say the voltage for the rx is 3.5 to 10 volts. I'm afraid all these ratios and voltages are totally confusing. I had no idea brain activity slowed so rapidly after 65 (5 days ago) It seems my days of ignoring manuals and getting things working anyway have gone. Now I can't understand the darned manuals.

I'm afraid I require a lead by the hand on this lot. The Quanum system was a walk in the park compared to this minefield. If you think I'm a lost causejust say so and I'll box it up and put it away, or sell it on Ebay. I was thinking of doing the same with my Eagle tree kit as I found this FrSky far superior for what I wanted.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:03 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,272 Posts
Boing ! This was !
The culprit was the voltage setting, 004 is NOT 4V !!! should be:
4.8 / 4 / 3.3 * 255, as in formula, and the result is 92.7, set it at 92 for alarm a notch under 4.8V
Because seems so complicate?
Because there are a lot of things to be measured in a plane !
There are NiMh at 1.2V, LiPo at 3.7V, LiFePo4, at 3.3V, cells counts from 2 to 12 ! How do you want to fit all of these in a single pattern ?

I agree could be simpler, but for this to happen, we must do a serious lobby to Frsky to change actual system, and this can be very simple, without changes in actual product line, just a little pressure from the users.
Will start this lobby after they return from their spring holiday.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2o3 View Post
Without appearing lazy, I've tried every default setting shown in the instruction manual. I set everything to exactly what the manual showed and no difference. It's past midnight and being disabled I don't wish to wake my wife to get my radio and camera. I hope you understand. I may not get breakfast if I wake her now :-)

Actually I don't understand the alarm settings. I am using a 4.9 volt battery pack to power the RX . If I set the unit to alarm at A1-1 and to sound at 0 < 004 I read this to mean that if the voltage drops below 4 volts the alarm sounds. Is this the voltage at the RX from the battery pack or the lipo voltage which isn't connected? The manual is not very well written in this regard. If it is the lipo it's referring to why didn't it enter alarm mode as soon as it was bound? I only got alarm beeps when I changed the settings. I see in the manual it keeps referring to 3.3 volts.

Another confusing thing is a hilighted piece of text which states "To obtain the volt alarm value the following formula will be used
Alarm Value= Alarm volt / ratio / 3.3 * 255. What on earth is that about ? Why ratios and not just voltages? I assume the Star denotes multiply so the setting would be 1020 for 4 volts. As the setting only allows 3 digits this must be wrong.

My other problem is the manual tells me that if I have the A1 - X jumper installed the maximum voltage is 3..3 volts with a division ratio of 4:1. The specs say the voltage for the rx is 3.5 to 10 volts. I'm afraid all these ratios and voltages are totally confusing. I had no idea brain activity slowed so rapidly after 65 (5 days ago) It seems my days of ignoring manuals and getting things working anyway have gone. Now I can't understand the darned manuals.

I'm afraid I require a lead by the hand on this lot. The Quanum system was a walk in the park compared to this minefield. If you think I'm a lost causejust say so and I'll box it up and put it away, or sell it on Ebay. I was thinking of doing the same with my Eagle tree kit as I found this FrSky far superior for what I wanted.
Guessing you have an old version of manual.
Did you check page 5 of last DHT-U manual, dated August 2012?

Click on this Link to download latest DHT-U V 2.0 Manual

Doesn't it look easy ?
microtechnics.eu is offline Find More Posts by microtechnics.eu
Last edited by microtechnics.eu; Feb 03, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:02 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
Will start this lobby after they return from their spring holiday.
Sign me up.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:20 PM
Joined Jul 2005
47 Posts
Playing with frsky telemetry

I've upgraded my DHT-U with the latest firmware and I love it!! specially for the ability to datalog the telemetry as a simple text file (one row per second) in a standard micro-SD card.
Please have a look at this video in which I use excel's VB to create an animation of the quadcopter flight from the telemetry data.
I hope you like it!
Best viewed in high resolution (set to 720p HD)

FRSKY TELEMETRY ANIMATION WITH EXCEL #2 (3 min 45 sec)
danvel2 is offline Find More Posts by danvel2
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:17 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,678 Posts
That's pretty sweet!
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Narrabri
Joined Feb 2012
183 Posts
Very nice Danvil2, very nice indeed.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:11 AM
Australia, NSW, Narrabri
Joined Feb 2012
183 Posts
Thank you renatoa, It certainly sounds promising. It's 2 am at the moment. Please excuse me, my sleeping pattern is all over the place and morphine knocks me out for a certain time and then I wake up and can't sleep. So rather than wake up my wife and my dog (he absolutely hates helis, aircraft motors and beeps) I will reset it first thing in the morning. and see if your magic works.

Microtechnics, I must have an old manual. Mine is one sheet of paper folded in half. I will log onto FrSky and download the latest copy and check page 5. Sorry guys the brain cells simply don't work at their full potential when they are full of drugs (legitimate ones)I find it hard to believe I have a full Amateur radio call. I look at these manuals and almost immediately start going round in circles. I can still find a way of fitting the DHT-U to the Turnigy 9XR using no screws, glue or holes so something still works.