HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
101 Posts
vario sound output

I am looking for a vario, that report the rise and fall in air in acoustic form and the strength of rising or sinking by varying the tone or varying intervals. Is that with FrSky DHT-U in conjunction with the necessary accessories possible?
Norbert1 is offline Find More Posts by Norbert1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert1 View Post
I am looking for a vario, that report the rise and fall in air in acoustic form and the strength of rising or sinking by varying the tone or varying intervals. Is that with FrSky DHT-U in conjunction with the necessary accessories possible?
Not at this time.

FrSky is developing a new vario that will have this ability. I'm not sure if the DHT-U will be able to produce the needed sounds, but the new transmitters will for sure.

FrSky was very close with the new sensor as they had actually discontinued the older sensor, but they put a hold on things and re-released the current sensor. I think all product development is currently focused on the new transmitter. We should be seeing a lot of new sensors once the first transmitter is released.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:25 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Not at this time.

FrSky is developing a new vario that will have this ability. I'm not sure if the DHT-U will be able to produce the needed sounds, but the new transmitters will for sure.

FrSky was very close with the new sensor as they had actually discontinued the older sensor, but they put a hold on things and re-released the current sensor. I think all product development is currently focused on the new transmitter. We should be seeing a lot of new sensors once the first transmitter is released.

-Wayne
I look forward to buying this radio from your store! What kind of sensors are they planing?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Look at page 8 of the manual: http://download.dji-innovations.com/...al_v2.0_en.pdf

FrSky receiver should use the same ch 1 2 3 4 as the Futaba one in the picture.

So .. look at picture ... it should be strength forward ...

CH1 - A
CH2 - E
CH3 - T
CH4 - R
CH5 - U

If he is using a mix CH 6 has to go to U
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:51 AM
Germany, NRW, Bonn
Joined Jul 2010
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert1 View Post
This app gives all you need - provided you have an Android phone.
Discussion:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...666762&page=18

Manual can be downloaded here:
www.hapeweb.com

App is available on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Z2dlcl9wcm8iXQ..
HaPe is offline Find More Posts by HaPe
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:18 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
If he is using a mix CH 6 has to go to U
Is this the corect way?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
VID00360 (2 min 35 sec)
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:19 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
Well done 'Goldsworthy',

I finally get to see one of your videos before you delete it! (I take you had a #11 or #16 cam velcro'd to your cap?)
Don't ya just love opening those packages from HK or from wherever and check over all ya new gear and try and figure out what you ordered what for to go on what.

I treat every package almost like xmas or birthday gift every few weeks when I get a new package in.

Though I have not ordered from HK for a few months due to some up-himself 'mod' banning me from the forum. Never fear, there is MUCH more to be learnt here on RCG forums about HK's products than there is on it's own forum!

-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is online now Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I have been trying to get the FriSky system to work with the sensors. The package I got from HK had the receiver that didn't work with the Telemetry. I had to re buy more stuff. I now have FrSky FLVS-01 - Lipo Voltage Sensor and Display FLVS-01 1
FrSky D8R-II Plus - 8 Channel Receiver w/ telemetry
FrSky FLD-02 - LCD Display FLD-02
FrSky LCD Mounting Arm FMS
Sensor Hub FSH-01
FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor FBVS-01
FrSKY RPM Sensor I also got 2 of the temperature sensors
I hope this is all I will need to make this thing work!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:57 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I have been trying to get the FriSky system to work with the sensors. The package I got from HK had the receiver that didn't work with the Telemetry. I had to re buy more stuff. I now have FrSky FLVS-01 - Lipo Voltage Sensor and Display FLVS-01 1
FrSky D8R-II Plus - 8 Channel Receiver w/ telemetry
FrSky FLD-02 - LCD Display FLD-02
FrSky LCD Mounting Arm FMS
Sensor Hub FSH-01
FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor FBVS-01
FrSKY RPM Sensor I also got 2 of the temperature sensors
I hope this is all I will need to make this thing work!
Sounds like you might want to read a manual or 2 maybe.
gbmarsh is online now Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
So, you think you had a bad day huh?
OMG! Car Hit and Flipped By Wrecking-Ball in NYC! (0 min 27 sec)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
VID00372 (0 min 25 sec)
VID00377 (1 min 29 sec)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:39 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
GOLd,

I'll be interested if and when you find out what is wrong.
While testing one of my FrSky Lipo Voltage Sensors' (FLVS-01) to see if I could get your same fault, mine worked perfect for 2S, 3S, 4S, but then with 6S cell the reading only went to 5th cell. I tried wriggling the connector and cheching as close as I could see under lighted mag glass but as far as I could see the connection looks ok. Don't really want to strip the thing down to search for the problem, as...
(Was the first time I tried a 6 cell in it)

Not that I'm bothered as I only use the 6S batteries on the 500 Heli, and I'm kinda over the 'hard work' of flying those things lately. - Might get a Quad gizmo!!

Would rather relax with a plane less stress and mostly less $$$ to repair after a crash!

-B!

EDIT -- PS: In the first video, you call the battery a 'LIP-O', I call the them 'Li-po' or 'Lie-Poh'
It's Hard to pronounce a word in text form , but just wondering how everyone else pronounces it?
It's kinda like the 'Sodder' and 'Solder' thing, depends on where you are from as to how you naturally pronounce things.
Fugitive_Bill is online now Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Last edited by Fugitive_Bill; Nov 24, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Australia, ACT, Amaroo
Joined Jul 2011
1,284 Posts
Goldsworthy,

I recently had a similar problem with the same sensor, but mine would only read cell number 1. At the moment I only use batteries up to 3S, so yours would have been fine for me. Anyway, I raised the issue on this thread, but unfortunately we couldn't find a solution - here's the link to the last post on the issue:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1968

I thought I had the only bad unit, but with yours and Fugitive_Bill's, I might just stay away from these. I wonder how many other people have had similar issues. I was only planing to use it as a stand-alone voltage checker anyway of which there are plenty of alternates.

Aus.
Aus is offline Find More Posts by Aus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Model Tech Blue Max II
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
My only hope is that Wayne exchanges these. Mine was used less than 5 min. I have contacted Wayne's store and hope to hear something by Monday. I sure am glad I got mine from Aloft Hobbies instead of Hobby King as California is a lot closer then China!. I will let ya all know what happens!