Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:13 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
lothar2048's Avatar
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster View Post
FYI
Look up Spektrum STi.
Interesting.
Are your talking about this brand which kills so much rc jets around here ? ;-)
If i want to be jammed, i'd better like to be with expensive materials... :-)
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothar2048 View Post
Tested, opticall sensor from ET working.
Tested Sparkfun optical sensor and working too.
Tested GPS from ET working.
Tested GPS from flytron, working too, but needs to be set @ higer speed.
Optical sensor port is only sensing 2 blades. I'm working with 3 blades pusher ;-)
These are very good news for me. Thank you so much lothar.
Do you know how many max rpms the ET rpm sensor is able to capture?
I was afraid that optical sensors NOT frsky didn't have same voltage/current
dynamic work.

@fireball2k wow, incredible, a more reason to purchase frsky system :-P
danitaly is offline Find More Posts by danitaly
Last edited by danitaly; Aug 03, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:04 AM
Registered User
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,066 Posts
Where are folks getting the display and sensors? It looks as if Himodel is back ordered on several items and there surely must be other distributors.
dang is offline Find More Posts by dang
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Where are folks getting the display and sensors? It looks as if Himodel is back ordered on several items and there surely must be other distributors.
in hobbyking store you can find the voltage sensors
danitaly is offline Find More Posts by danitaly
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:38 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
lothar2048's Avatar
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Where are folks getting the display and sensors? It looks as if Himodel is back ordered on several items and there surely must be other distributors.
Here is one serious owner who have stock : http://www.intermodel.fr/142-sonde-e...our-telemetrie

Cheers :-)
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:39 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
lothar2048's Avatar
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danitaly View Post
in hobbyking store you can find the voltage sensors
Nope,

@hobbyking, you can find a copy one :-)
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:40 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
lothar2048's Avatar
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danitaly View Post
These are very good news for me. Thank you so much lothar.
Do you know how many max rpms the ET rpm sensor is able to capture?
I was afraid that optical sensors NOT frsky didn't have same voltage/current
dynamic work.

@fireball2k wow, incredible, a more reason to purchase frsky system :-P
you are welcome. Use ony 3.3V sensors and you should be accurate then ;-)
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 11:02 AM
Registered User
showmaster's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2006
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothar2048 View Post
Are your talking about this brand which kills so much rc jets around here ? ;-)
If i want to be jammed, i'd better like to be with expensive materials... :-)
What I was referring to is the new telemetry accessory for an iPod or iPhone. It's about the technology advancements in our hobby being offered, not a recommendation to buy a brand. 
 http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SPMTR1000

This application and hardware for Apple products, and some for the Android devices are exciting. Hopefully other radio or third party companies, like Frsky, will get involved giving more product choices.
I must comment on your post however,
I made no recommendation to purchase or endorsed this company or it's product, only the technology reference. I feel your comment about "jet crashing" is a little negative and you may want to chill a little and absorb the concept presented?
I fly at a field that has over 350 members and another 100+ non members( not a closed field, parks owned). On any given day you see 6-8 Jetcat turbines flying, weekends, 10-15 as well as turbine helicopters. The jetcat factory is close bye.
Most fly JR, and Spektrum, and up until a few months ago, all were DSM2 protocol. Futaba is next but not as much. Very few if any crashes due to outages, but I agree that Dsm2 crashes may be more common.
To date, after many months of Frsky flying, I've been very happy and that's why I'm here. My Dx7 DSM2 had indeed had a few outages that cost me a plane so I decided to try Frsky and so far its been great. No knowledge of the Dsmx reliability yet to comment.

To be fair, if I had just spent 10-15 thousand dollars on a new turbine, would I fly it with my self modified $53 9x, and my $54HK Frsky RF upgrade? Or would I go with one of the brand name systems? I'll let you know when I get to that point. 
Right now for my ARF's, foamies, gliders, and sport nitro planes, my er9x Frsky system is my choice. Unfortunately the $53  radio has $.50 sticks but nothing can be done there.
So...
If telemetry is something you want, and the ability to have visual as well as verbal alarms and recorded flight data, it looks like it's only going to get easier and better thanks to new devices being offered. 
So if you can't build your own it looks like you'll be able to purchase all kinds of systems and display options.
This was the point that seems to have degraded into "crashing jets"?
FYI,
I've flown on 53MHz for 20 years, and then 50Mhz for another 15 years, with a total of 3 radio interference caused crashes. All 3 bring the last 7 years. Each one was verified to be from someone illegally flying without a ham license, and not using frequency control. All 3 were  fliers trying to avoid 72mhz interference. One was a turbine flyer. They replaced my equipment, and of course their 1 jet, 1 warbird, and one sport plane.
It's then that I decided the "gentleman respect" for frequency usage was over and went to 2.4 Ghz. 
Frsky is a jewel in the rough and it just gets better. Telemetry is "hot" right now and I want to explore any product that offers  it, what ever the brand.
Hopefully Frsky will offer more products in a more timely manor to keep up with the technology. Waiting these last 8 months for their hub has been hard to do with all the new products that have been offered by others, but we/I waited.
That's why were on this thread, right!
showmaster is online now Find More Posts by showmaster
Last edited by showmaster; Aug 03, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:46 PM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
lothar2048's Avatar
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster View Post
What I was referring to is the new telemetry accessory for an iPod or iPhone. It's about the technology advancements in our hobby being offered, not a recommendation to buy a brand. 
 http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SPMTR1000

This application and hardware for Apple products, and some for the Android devices are exciting. Hopefully other radio or third party companies, like Frsky, will get involved giving more product choices.
I must comment on your post however,
I made no recommendation to purchase or endorsed this company or it's product, only the technology reference. I feel your comment about "jet crashing" is a little negative and you may want to chill a little and absorb the concept presented?
I fly at a field that has over 350 members and another 100+ non members( not a closed field, parks owned). On any given day you see 6-8 Jetcat turbines flying, weekends, 10-15 as well as turbine helicopters. The jetcat factory is close bye.
Most fly JR, and Spektrum, and up until a few months ago, all were DSM2 protocol. Futaba is next but not as much. Very few if any crashes due to outages, but I agree that Dsm2 crashes may be more common.
To date, after many months of Frsky flying, I've been very happy and that's why I'm here. My Dx7 DSM2 had indeed had a few outages that cost me a plane so I decided to try Frsky and so far its been great. No knowledge of the Dsmx reliability yet to comment.

To be fair, if I had just spent 10-15 thousand dollars on a new turbine, would I fly it with my self modified $53 9x, and my $54HK Frsky RF upgrade? Or would I go with one of the brand name systems? I'll let you know when I get to that point. 
Right now for my ARF's, foamies, gliders, and sport nitro planes, my er9x Frsky system is my choice. Unfortunately the $53  radio has $.50 sticks but nothing can be done there.
So...
If telemetry is something you want, and the ability to have visual as well as verbal alarms and recorded flight data, it looks like it's only going to get easier and better thanks to new devices being offered. 
So if you can't build your own it looks like you'll be able to purchase all kinds of systems and display options.
This was the point that seems to have degraded into "crashing jets"?
FYI,
I've flown on 53MHz for 20 years, and then 50Mhz for another 15 years, with a total of 3 radio interference caused crashes. All 3 bring the last 7 years. Each one was verified to be from someone illegally flying without a ham license, and not using frequency control. All 3 were  fliers trying to avoid 72mhz interference. One was a turbine flyer. They replaced my equipment, and of course their 1 jet, 1 warbird, and one sport plane.
It's then that I decided the "gentleman respect" for frequency usage was over and went to 2.4 Ghz. 
Frsky is a jewel in the rough and it just gets better. Telemetry is "hot" right now and I want to explore any product that offers  it, what ever the brand.
Hopefully Frsky will offer more products in a more timely manor to keep up with the technology. Waiting these last 8 months for their hub has been hard to do with all the new products that have been offered by others, but we/I waited.
That's why were on this thread, right!
Sorry, but tree words are coming to my mind...

LOL !!!!!!!
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:47 PM
Registered User
Poole, England
Joined Mar 2008
1,306 Posts
Thanks for the hub power source update.
My next question is - I have the hub protocol as listed on the FrSky website, but do the frames come as described directly from the Tx module, or is the frame data carried in user frames (with 7Es etc. round them?). I would expect the latter.

Mike.
Mike Blandford is offline Find More Posts by Mike Blandford
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 02:15 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,289 Posts
My understanding is they created a new packet type, for telemetry, tagged by 5E prefix.
They don't use user data frames, imo.
Thus the need for newer firmware, the one issued about one month ago. I suspect without the new firmware the DHT-U won't be able to sense the hub presence.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
6 Posts
Hello, can the Vario be used as an altimeter ?

Thanks.
Getget is offline Find More Posts by Getget
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 08:01 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
PLMS's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getget View Post
Hello, can the Vario be used as an altimeter ?

Thanks.
Yes, in fact AFAIK from my playing it can only function as an altimeter with the current firmware.
Somebody may correct me on that if they know otherwise.
Martin
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
6 Posts
It's really cheap for such a Sensor I think I'll buy one
Getget is offline Find More Posts by Getget
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:06 AM
Dean
A10FLYR's Avatar
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,847 Posts
*l*
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Last edited by A10FLYR; Aug 04, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FrSky 2.4ghz - Telemetry protocol discussions PLMS Radios 1416 Jul 27, 2014 11:57 PM
Discussion FrSky 2.4Ghz - Telemetry PDA application Mybrains Radios 18 Jun 23, 2011 09:02 AM
Sold FrSky Telemetry 2.4Ghz for JR Module, 2 RXs & extra nizee Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 May 07, 2011 02:28 PM
Wanted FrSky 2.4Ghz DIY Kit with Telemetry purcilas Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 5 May 04, 2011 04:10 PM