SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:02 AM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
Hi Wayne, Hartmut and all,

even my wife have had birthday yesterday i tested again ( she will kill me for that ).
Let me report:

1. Voicemessage issues with Android 4 ( only 1st selected voicemessage from the list was spoken):
- For that Hartmut provided me yesterday a new version. Now this issue is fixed. All values you select from the list will be spoken. Works pretty fine like already in the Android 2.3/ 2.2 Versions - FIXED!
@ Hartmut: Could you provide latest version in your Download Area?

2. Wayne reported that he recognized some differencies on the shown voltage values by using the app and the "real voltage" by using FDL 02. As i have never had discrepancies using the app for Android 2.3, I assumed that there could be a Issue using Android 4. So I tested on 3 different devices ( Android Verions 2.2; 2.3;and 4).
Result:
All values are absolut identicly, no matter which Android device you use.

During Investigation I found out ( what I allready assumed and posted before) that maybe the value for the voltage devider in the app was not set up correctly.

So let me describe how to use/ set up the app correctly:

1) Start App go to settings and enable Auto connect BT and connect to Last BT Device.
2) Power on transmitter > Connect Phone with your BT device in Transmitter > Power up you Modell !!! ( Seems to be important - an also lodigal that the app needs to receive frames !)
3) Go to Alarm Page in App > Set Alarms ( these Alarms are not given to FrSky Module, these are storen in your Android device!) > then name Model ( 1st. start itīs called "generic")
4) Go to settings > choose Sensors. There you can select the checkbox which sensors should be displayed on in the app by using left/ right arrows in the main page. By selecting Voltage sensor AD1 or AD2 you can enter the value for the voltage devider you use.

5) This is the most important step to get the right values for AD1/ AD2 and RPM !!!! > After all settings are done> CLOSE APP and start again.
At this point the App the stores the Settings from Point 3) and 4) dedicated to the Name of the Model - which youīve chossen in Point 3) - on the SD Card / phone.

Thatīs it. By starting the App again you can choose via Pull down Menue one of the Models youīve set up.
If you not close / start the App again, the Model is stored but the screen does not refresh with the stored values and works with the "generic" values.

So it seems not to be a bug, itīs a feature

The advantage is that you can store different models and setups (I guess not every Model use the same sensors - for me itīs different if I use a electric plane, Glider, or Nitro Model)
You only have to set up a model once, then you can choose it later in the pull down Menu.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Thorsten
thorsten5 is offline Find More Posts by thorsten5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:32 AM
Germany, NRW, Bonn
Joined Jul 2010
223 Posts
Thorsten,
thank you detailled explanation. I will upfdate the manual accordingly.
I will put 2 versions ( Andoid 2.2 and 4.0) to the download page, as soon as final testing of 4.0 speech problem is finished (probably this evening )

Concerning differences in LiPo sensor values I assume we have a misunderstanding here.
Please check again - not U_AD1/2 but the LiPo-Sensor module connectesd to the hub.

As soon as one has selected ( or first time created ) a model and set/ changed the alarm and/ or other settings and switched back to the main sreen it should be available and usable - without a restart of the app ! Works fine on my mobile phone !
Could you please double check.

Auto-refresh of the voltage pages after change of the voltage divider ratio setting has to be fixed. The current version requires a restart of the app.

Hartmut
HaPe is offline Find More Posts by HaPe
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:16 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,812 Posts
Thorsten and Hartmut,

You should start a new thread here in the radio section to discuss and share your new project. Then post a link here to that thread. I'm affraid your details will get lost in this huge thread, and some conversations will get confusing between your product, and the FrSky product. Also it will help to show others the outside development of cool new items for the FrSky system.

Hartmut, great job!

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:52 PM
Germany, NRW, Bonn
Joined Jul 2010
223 Posts
Hello Wayne,

discussion has been moved to a new thread in the radio section as recommended:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post21820748
HaPe is offline Find More Posts by HaPe
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:37 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Thorsten and Hartmut,

You should start a new thread here in the radio section to discuss and share your new project. Then post a link here to that thread. I'm affraid your details will get lost in this huge thread, and some conversations will get confusing between your product, and the FrSky product. Also it will help to show others the outside development of cool new items for the FrSky system.

Hartmut, great job!

-Wayne
Waiting for the genius with iPhone skillz to develop something like that for iOS. Not like my $5.99 or whatever is enough to motivate anybody -- but I'm positive I'd be on that like white on rice.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:00 AM
J.L
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
35 Posts
Hey Guys,

I've recently short circuit my D8R-II plus receiver by plugging in the wrong positive and negative voltage input.
Is there a way still to repair this receiver? I've done the er9x hardware mod and are pretty confident in doing some tiny soldering work - plus I would not "kill" the receiver the second time
Please help!

Tlo
J.L is offline Find More Posts by J.L
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:03 AM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
400 Posts
Quote:
Not sure stock has been anywhere for some weeks. I kept asking when they would be ready so I could order them asap.

Aloft Hobbies will have them in stock this week.

-Wayne
That was quick , 0 stock now !

When do you expect to be receiving a new batch of current (amps) sensor ?
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:08 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,211 Posts
Friday
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debianhot View Post
That was quick , 0 stock now !

When do you expect to be receiving a new batch of current (amps) sensor ?
They should be in today. Will update the page as soon as the box arrives.
http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-100-amp-sensor.html

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:57 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,753 Posts
Quote:
They should be in today. Will update the page as soon as the box arrives.
http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-100-amp-sensor.html

-Wayne
Checking my understanding. Is a hub needed when using the FAS-100 and the FVLS-01 and that's all the sensors being used.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Jun 11, 2012, 04:17 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,812 Posts
They are in stock now.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Checking my understanding. Is a hub needed when using the FAS-100 and the FVLS-01 and that's all the sensors being used.
I'm told they do not need the hub, but I have not been able to play with one yet.

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2012, 04:48 PM
Germany, BY, M
Joined May 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
No need for a Hub.
Checkout this video which shows the connection:
FrSky FAS-100 Stromsensor mit FLVS-01 an D8RII plus / DHT-U (1 min 18 sec)
MasterOfDesaster is offline Find More Posts by MasterOfDesaster
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:55 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Friday
A little quicker , just checked and he had stock.
Just ordered mine together with some more goodies
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:04 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debianhot View Post
A little quicker , just checked and he had stock.
Just ordered mine together with some more goodies
Just a warning.. I do not know how slow the First Class International shipping is going to be (just added it to the site). I know the Priority method that is usually faster takes about one month to get to Germany (One of the slowest destinations). Strange enough UK shipments seem to arrive in about 1 week.

-Wayne
Site Sponsor