Rocket geek
Highlands Ranch, CO
Joined Dec 2007
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
We ship internationally.

Make sure you get the right receiver.
This past weekend, I flew the above setup in a rocket just for location purposes, and it worked o.k. The GPS took a while to lock, and also to re-acquire lock after the boost phase, but in a plane once it's locked it shouldn't be a problem.
Adrian A is offline Find More Posts by Adrian A
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:51 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2009
145 Posts
Please, help!
I connected a sail winch servo to my frsky D8R-II Plus receiver - then suddenly I lost connection between tx and rx. The rx will not bind ( I get two solid leds no matter what I am doing..).

Ideas for solution?

(ps. The servo is new but malfunction) - it does not react on my servo tester whitch goes nuts blinking or my futaba tx/rx...
Foskje is offline Find More Posts by Foskje
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:57 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Almost..

That is your SHIPPED price with the correct receiver. All items in stock.

-Wayne
Wayne,

Thank you for your help!

I live in Canada, not too far away.

Sipping would cost a little more but it is nice to know they have everything in stock!

$136.92 including USPS shipping to Canada right?

EDIT: I've checked the website and $136.92 is the total including shipping to Canada.

That is nice!
runner2k is offline Find More Posts by runner2k
Last edited by runner2k; Jun 02, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:59 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
We ship internationally.

Make sure you get the right receiver.

Hello,

Do you work for Aloft Hobbies?
runner2k is offline Find More Posts by runner2k
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:15 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,266 Posts
He IS Aloft
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:21 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,827 Posts
I had an interesting and very busy weekend last - as we held the first annual Wings For Wishes. We presented a check to Make-A-Wish Foundation for $4600.

I want to thank Aloft hobbies and FrSKY for assisting with the charity event. Hobby King also gave a big assist and I want to mention them too.

Of course I spent alot of time listening to pilots promoting or degrading this product of the other. Seems there are many opinions out there -- but .. and this is a fact.

I didn't find a single person there had ever had anything but positive experience with Aloft or FrSKY. I never heard a single criticism and I talked to alot of people about telemetry over 4 days. There was lots of interest -- but still lots of misconceptions about what telemetry is and how it's used.

There was one other young company discussed that had caught the attention of some. It's a new Lipo battery outlet that has people buzzing a good buzz. http://haiyinstore.com I won't discuss them because it's the wrong forum - but it's really great to see a handful of companies out there that have such a positive following do to great prices with superlative products and excellent customer service.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:18 AM
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
hi all read all post and still not sure if i can do this but can i use the fuc-3 to update the dht-u i have the drawing for the usb fuc3 for where the gnd tx rx and +5 are i have the drawing for the dht-u for the gnd tx and rx is it ok to just use a servo lead and cut the leads from the fuc3 and wire them to the servo lead that will then plug into the dht-u do i need to have the tx going to the rx or is it just tx to tx and rx to rx and the gnd i can power the dht-u from the radio so dont neet to use the + 5 is this all correct or could someone tell me the right process to be able to update the dht-u with the new logging firmware I HAVE AT PRESENT DHT-U IS VERSION 2 /D8R 11 PLUS VERSION 2 HUB VERSION 2 i just bought the wrong usb lead but hope i can mod it to update the dht-u thanks for any help
hotshot1967 is offline Find More Posts by hotshot1967
Last edited by hotshot1967; Jun 03, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Oct 2009
26 Posts
dht-u v2.3

hi i juste update to 2.3 (DHU_SD_Build120601)
and i see v2.2 on reboot is it normal??
thanks
janlebelg is offline Find More Posts by janlebelg
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:22 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2009
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foskje View Post
Please, help!
I connected a sail winch servo to my frsky D8R-II Plus receiver - then suddenly I lost connection between tx and rx. The rx will not bind ( I get two solid leds no matter what I am doing..).

Ideas for solution?

(ps. The servo is new but malfunction) - it does not react on my servo tester whitch goes nuts blinking or my futaba tx/rx...
I ordered two new rxs. Still I wounder. Is it possible to reinstall firmware or update firmware on the Frsky D8R- II Plus?

I cant find those pins, last way out is solder directly on the chip...
Foskje is offline Find More Posts by Foskje
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:40 PM
Germany, BY, Nuernberg
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janlebelg View Post
hi i juste update to 2.3 (DHU_SD_Build120601)
and i see v2.2 on reboot is it normal??
thanks
I think so... Propably they forgot to count up the displayed version.
strobo_ is offline Find More Posts by strobo_
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:45 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,613 Posts
(wrong thread)
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Last edited by IceWind; Jun 03, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:54 AM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
399 Posts
FAS-100 available at Himodel

Finaly FAS-100 is reaching the street

http://www.himodel.com/radios/FrSky_...r_FAS-100.html
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:59 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,266 Posts
It is in Europe for some weeks, price as above, but CHF instead USD.
Will have them end of this week, at 19.9 Euro.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:18 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,586 Posts
Not sure stock has been anywhere for some weeks. I kept asking when they would be ready so I could order them asap.

Aloft Hobbies will have them in stock this week.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:26 AM
Germany, NRW, Bonn
Joined Jul 2010
209 Posts
Another FrSky telemetry app

Dear community,
When a friend asked me to develop an Andoid App for his FrSky telemetry system I started reading this forum. I learned a lot from you and as a result I programmed this App to display and log all possible FrSky telemetry data. I believe it’s time to give something back to all of you. If you are interested you can download the app and some additional tools from this page ( www.hapeweb.com ). It’s freeware. It’s a beta version and thus has probably still some bugs, but it has been tested and worked fine.

App features:
- selectable sensor inputs ( basic frame and hub frame data), where each selection is show on a separate view page, incl. min/max values per session
- selectable alarms with configurable alarm thresholds
- selectable speech items
- logging of all data in CSV or OpenView format on SD-Card
- model specific settings and selections; alarm and sensor selection stored per model
- indicators for frame lost and GPS lost
- display and speech available in English and German ( auto selection by general phone settings)

The pictures may give you a first impression. Full documentation is available at my download page.

It’s not planned to distribute the source code nor to start a new software development discussion here. I believe this forum is probably not the right place for this. ( May be someone could give me a recommendation where to discuss it ).
But I’m ready to eliminate the bugs or to add new features. So, please give me some response ( here or using the contact form on my web page). Since I’m abroad for some days it may take a bit until I can answer. Please be patient

Hartmut
HaPe is offline Find More Posts by HaPe