SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ALL American, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:57 PM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
Discussion
E-Flite P51B Bomb Pylons

I found that the bombs were a bit loose due to the length of the wire loops on the bombs and they hung low on the pylons and swayed from side to side. I also did not like the recommended cable installation. So I assembled my pylons a bit different than the manual had outlined, in order to take up some of the slack and to ensure smooth, bind free movement of the cables.
  • First, I cut two lengths of tubing that my LHS sells as "Antenna Tubing". The yellow tubing that comes with the Sullivan Gold-N-Cable fits perfectly inside of the Antenna Tubing and it also fits perfectly inside of the tubing that is pre-installed in the wings.

• I cut a 3" length of the yellow Sullivan tubing for alignment purposes and I slid it inside one length of the Antenna Tubing, I placed the bomb inline and then I slid on the forward piece of Antenna Tubing. I CA glued the Antenna tubing in place with medium CA. I was careful NOT to glue in the 3" piece of Sullivan tubing.

• To ensure smooth, bind free cable movement, I then cut a length of the Sullivan tubing long enough to extend into the ordinance servo bay. I removed the 3" length of Sullivan tubing and replaced it with the longer piece, then I epoxied the Antenna tubing and the Sullivan tubing into the pylon permanently. Once dry, I cut the sullivan tubing so the pylon could accept the ordinance.

WARNING: Do not glue the Sullivan tubing too far rearward or it will not align with cable hole in the wing!

• Not necessary, but I Silver Soldered the ends of the cables to prevent any future fraying.

Works great now!

Name: Bomb Pylons.jpg
Views: 150
Size: 121.7 KB
Description:

Name: Bomb Pylons 2.jpg
Views: 89
Size: 49.0 KB
Description:
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American
to remove ads between posts