SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by chiloschista, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:46 AM
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
648 Posts
Discussion
One pilot and two planes ?

Hi,
yes, I piloted both at the same time

The main plane is a FunCub equipped with UavDevBoard and on board tracking video camera. The autopilot is programmed to let the camera follow the target plane.
The second plane, the target plane, is a stock EasyStar, carrying another UavDevBoard, only to send its position.
I took off with the FunCub and put it in autonomous mode. Me having in my hands two RC transmitters, my son kindly launched for me the EasyStar and I drove it all the flight long.
The hardest part was try to stay in the camera turret range. The FunCub speed is set to 50km/h, but even at this speed it is a challenge to follow it and stay in front, with a fully stock EasyStar.
At the end of the flight (FunCub autonomy), my son asked to land his plane
I landed the FunCub.

Many thanks to Bill Premerlani, Ben Levitt and Pete Hollands for great continuous support and all the smart UavDevBoard community ...

Best regards,

Ric

Two planes and one pilot ? (4 min 51 sec)
chiloschista is online now Find More Posts by chiloschista
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:46 AM
Joined Oct 2006
19 Posts
Fun Cub

Hi Riccardo...Again your flying expertise is amazing. I never knew there was this type of tech. that was able to be used in planes. Pretty cool video. You must of had your hands and mind full trying to keep the camera on the plane. As I told you before if I could fly half as good as you I would consider myself and expert!!! I finally got my Funcub up yesterday. I fly mine with a Hacker A30-16M I was trying to loop and the ground tried jumping up at me ) so I yanked back on the stick and my wings folded into a "U" shape but I made it and all is well. I love this plane. Keep up those videos. Does your little boy fly planes yet? I got my 4 yr. old nephew on a flight sim. and he flies those little heli's but he does not have the patients yet...Great job...Cheers...Kevin
kgraham is offline Find More Posts by kgraham