HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:40 PM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
636 Posts
I've used them before, important to get the pilot hole the right size to stop splitting. After thinking about it though, the wood at the wing tip would have to fairly thick also to use them properly, probably the spacer is the best move.
rcguy1958 is online now Find More Posts by rcguy1958
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Sep 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Why not....use a 1" block shaped to match the airfoil to attach the SFGs..

SteveT.
Hi steve ! Y a one inch block? In my pic the 3/16 peace is clued to the end of the wing I dint use it as an insert I just removed the covering on wing.
teddy5085 is offline Find More Posts by teddy5085
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:57 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085 View Post
Hi steve ! Y a one inch block? In my pic the 3/16 peace is clued to the end of the wing I dint use it as an insert I just removed the covering on wing.
I was just commenting about using a 1" airfoil shaped block to bring the plane up to the legal 50" for the new contest...

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:39 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085 View Post
(keep the Laughter down now guys ) so this is how I did the blind nuts for sfg's for my buck 1.5 after all done two screws and there off
this is pretty much how i did mine. it made KE almost as nice as my Osiris. one of the guys on here used some kinda screws that dont need a tool to install and take back off. i cant remember who are what kinda they are. but like someone mentioned above i usually wedge my wings between fuselages when in the car.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:01 PM
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Sep 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
I was just commenting about using a 1" airfoil shaped block to bring the plane up to the legal 50" for the new contest...

SteveT.
lol im sorry steve I see what u ment now i was looking at all of this on my phone before But I gotcha now
teddy5085 is offline Find More Posts by teddy5085
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:04 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,050 Posts
Quote:

SteveT.
thats a good idea. Ben told someone to glue 1" epp block on each wing. but i think i like yours better.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:11 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Yeah unless my finances pick up before the contest I will be modifying my Edge for the competition. Time will tell.
tominator06 is online now Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:40 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Yeah unless my finances pick up before the contest I will be modifying my Edge for the competition. Time will tell.
ill cross my fingers for ya. *fingers crossed
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:02 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Thanks. I may try and at least get a 51 slick but I really want a 60" plane next. I already have some Hs-5085 sevos and ice 75 esc so that is a start for the 51 if I go that route. If I can refrain from getting a bigger heli first I may be able to work something out.
tominator06 is online now Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:43 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Wonder if a inch piece of small carbon fiber sticking out each wing counts as getting to 50. Hahahahaha.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:56 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Thanks. I may try and at least get a 51 slick but I really want a 60" plane next. I already have some Hs-5085 sevos and ice 75 esc so that is a start for the 51 if I go that route. If I can refrain from getting a bigger heli first I may be able to work something out.
If you're gonna go 60" then I'd HIGHLY recommend the 57" SC. It's probably one of the best planes I've ever flown. It's awesome for 3D or precision. But I also think that everyone should have a 51" Slick in their fleet. It's the most violent but locked in plane I've got. It does everything very well but it likes to be treated rough!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:31 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
If you're gonna go 60" then I'd HIGHLY recommend the 57" SC. It's probably one of the best planes I've ever flown. It's awesome for 3D or precision. But I also think that everyone should have a 51" Slick in their fleet. It's the most violent but locked in plane I've got. It does everything very well but it likes to be treated rough!!
completely agree. The 57sc is one of the best all around planes out there. So easy to fly. So precise and still violent when you want it to be. And when you start to see the prices of a complete setup on a 50cc plane, you realize what a bargain the 60" planes really are

57 is a great plane. I'm anxious to compare it to the 60" EF Edge.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:41 AM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Wonder if a inch piece of small carbon fiber sticking out each wing counts as getting to 50. Hahahahaha.
If you could craft some racing tips like the 92 Edge has, that would look pretty sweet!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:42 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
completely agree. The 57sc is one of the best all around planes out there. So easy to fly. So precise and still violent when you want it to be. And when you start to see the prices of a complete setup on a 50cc plane, you realize what a bargain the 60" planes really are

57 is a great plane. I'm anxious to compare it to the 60" EF Edge.
I had a 60" EF Edge for a little while (sold it to fund a 70" Slick) and it's a fantastic plane as well. I found it to be much more docile than the Extra. It hovers a lot easier that's for sure. But it's not nearly as violent. But take that with a grain of salt because I wasn't running similar equipment in them. The EF Edge had some slow servos in it (I bought it used) that was probably the culprit.

The EF Edge did some of the smoothest rollers I've ever seen though. It was VERY predictable.

But the Extra is just a unique plane for me. It's capable of being floaty and predictable or fast and wild. I've got a brand new one sitting in a box just waiting on a motor and ESC. Unfortunately I lost my old one in a nasty mid-air and I just haven't gotten around to putting the new one together yet (that's what a 3 month old baby will do for ya).
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:54 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I had a 60" EF Edge for a little while (sold it to fund a 70" Slick) and it's a fantastic plane as well. I found it to be much more docile than the Extra. It hovers a lot easier that's for sure. But it's not nearly as violent. But take that with a grain of salt because I wasn't running similar equipment in them. The EF Edge had some slow servos in it (I bought it used) that was probably the culprit.

The EF Edge did some of the smoothest rollers I've ever seen though. It was VERY predictable.

But the Extra is just a unique plane for me. It's capable of being floaty and predictable or fast and wild. I've got a brand new one sitting in a box just waiting on a motor and ESC. Unfortunately I lost my old one in a nasty mid-air and I just haven't gotten around to putting the new one together yet (that's what a 3 month old baby will do for ya).
Hey, i know how it goes with little ones in the house It's part of the reason i'm looking at 50cc gassers now. If i go all the way out to the club field, I want something where i can get some serious flight time in because it's rare when i get the oppty to even go the field. Most of my flying is at parks these days, unfortunately.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk