Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Dude- "half full". If you want to try it try it. If you don't don't. It's not about how it travels to the field, it's about how it flies and how that result makes you feel! Two 4-40 or 2-3mm holes in your wingtips are not going to "damage" them. You can always recover the holes with trim. However, you won't because you will notice a difference and most likely want to go to the trouble of putting them on again.
Proposition for you- no more negative comments till you give it a try. Deal?
vgs is a no because im using a single 51" wingbag and wings is quite squeeezed in there.... and as im traveling in a bus, not taking wings off is kinda... well... i would really want to see a dude taking 48" plane, wings on in the middle of london in a bus... sfgs, i actually might try them....
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:17 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085 View Post
so yea if anyone wants shift gears! I have a ? so im runnen a 990kv with a 14x7 prop on a 3s shes a fast flyer so i guess my ? is do u guys think it would be better to drop down to say like 13 something for hovering and learning rolling harriers it KE just fine now with that prop, just curious what thoughts r on this?
what kind of esc you are running? 60-70a? (if its sunnysky) on 13x8 i was pulling 50A on nearly discharged battery... Technically the bigger the propeller disc, the easier is to 3d...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:20 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
vgs is a no because im using a single 51" wingbag and wings is quite squeeezed in there.... and as im traveling in a bus, not taking wings off is kinda... well... i would really want to see a dude taking 48" plane, wings on in the middle of london in a bus... sfgs, i actually might try them....
Is it one of the double deck buses like seen in "Harry Potter"??

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:22 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Just sit on the top deck and fly it to the field!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:24 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Just sit on the top deck and fly it to the field!
when i first time hovered my crack yak i had such tought... i could just go home from near park keeping it in front of me in a hover lol... but it would be kinda cool! just landing on a roof might be tricky...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Is it one of the double deck buses like seen in "Harry Potter"??

SteveT.
i THINK, they were old style buses... now there is nice and new, but yeah, most of them is double decked...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:26 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
I messed around with a few different props on my edge and settled on the 14x7. I felt it gave me the best post-stall performance and since that's where most of my flying is done that was the prop for me.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:29 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I messed around with a few different props on my edge and settled on the 14x7. I felt it gave me the best post-stall performance and since that's where most of my flying is done that was the prop for me.
i would love to fly with 14x7, but as edge is only plane i keep nosing over... 13" is cheaper!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:39 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,115 Posts
Quote:
i would love to fly with 14x7, but as edge is only plane i keep nosing over... 13" is cheaper!
I fly with 14X7 APC's...plenty cheap here....but fortunately, I fly off of a nice runway, so not too many nose overs....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Sep 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedoitall View Post
teddy do you have a wattmeter? seems like im in the same boat as you being pretty much a 3d noob. the wattmeter has helped and prolly saved my planes so far. im running a motorfly 2185-950(awesome motor btw) with a 13x6.5 and i love it. i tried the 14x7 but i like the 13x6.5 with my motor. but if you have a wattmeter that will help alot when trying out different props. kinda gives you an idea before you hit the field. plus it also shows how many amps a certain prop will pull also.
sounds good ill pick one up then
teddy5085 is offline Find More Posts by teddy5085
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Sep 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
what kind of esc you are running? 60-70a? (if its sunnysky) on 13x8 i was pulling 50A on nearly discharged battery... Technically the bigger the propeller disc, the easier is to 3d...
ahh i do believe its a 60A
teddy5085 is offline Find More Posts by teddy5085
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:45 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
I fly with 14X7 APC's...plenty cheap here....but fortunately, I fly off of a nice runway, so not too many nose overs....

SteveT.
well i have no idea why, (im flying it with 2.5" dubros and no wheelpants) but my 42" slick in nearly a year i have nosed over only a couple of times... my EF laser only 1 time (when i noticed mud puddle too late), my EF edge not a single time and ex 3dhs 57" literally you could count noseovers on your hands fingers... but my 48" edge, every time im flying i get 1-2 nose overs... i have less than 20 batteries but im on my 3rd propeller there now...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:50 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,115 Posts
But if you're flying in a park, probably off of grass...right? If so....gently bend the landing gear forward just a degree or two, it will make a big difference.....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:52 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
But if you're flying in a park, probably off of grass...right? If so....gently bend the landing gear forward just a degree or two, it will make a big difference.....

SteveT.
i THINK my problem is that im thinking, ok, 1 more landing and than i'll straighten the gear out... yes... off the grass..
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,115 Posts
Yes, that would do it...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member