SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:57 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,699 Posts
LOL. Thanks!

I am looking forward. I will most likely start it on 3S as well. I know it is not a pylon racer, but I have heard a few describing it as a rocket (on 4S). I love my Edge, but it did fly slower than my Mosa II with the power 15 which I miss sometimes, and still fly sometimes to satisfy that craving for speed. So I am excited to have both...
The problem of which Plane to fly today is a good problem to have...
I can see myself starting the day with the SV and finishing with the Edge...
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:13 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
LOL. Thanks!

I am looking forward. I will most likely start it on 3S as well. I know it is not a pylon racer, but I have heard a few describing it as a rocket (on 4S). I love my Edge, but it did fly slower than my Mosa II with the power 15 which I miss sometimes, and still fly sometimes to satisfy that craving for speed. So I am excited to have both...
The problem of which Plane to fly today is a good problem to have...
I can see myself starting the day with the SV and finishing with the Edge...
If you like speed and precision and 3D then the 3DHS 57" SC should absolutely be on your radar. Put a Motrofly 4315-714 on there and you'll be in heaven.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:14 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
If you like speed and precision and 3D then the 3DHS 57" SC should absolutely be on your radar. Put a Motrofly 4315-714 on there and you'll be in heaven.
^^^Truth.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:22 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,699 Posts
It is on the radar! Right after the 51" Slick (tough I am tempted to jump straight to the 59"). But I think the next one has to be a Slick... I just got to see what all the rage is about. The good thing with the 51" is that is shares the batts with the SV...
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:22 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Actually no. Without any references it is very disorienting and can be har to follow. Horizon and reference to the airframe are crucial. That's why the point rolls, inverted flight, rolls are better than vertical maneuvers. Ideally a two camera view (one forward and one out at the tip) would be ideal but Im not that motivated (yet!). The fuse looking over the wingtip will give vertical reference on the horizon. Similar to doing real Acro. You don't look over the nose to check your up line, you look out either or both wingtips to chk vertical (or you use a sighting guide- the devices attached to the tips with the 45 and 90 degree lines.
For proper orientation with a camera in the cockpit, you need a pan mount, and a head motion tracker. Then it is just like flying a full size aircraft.

Here is one
, there are many made by different companies, just Google Head motion tracking, FPV.

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 16, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:48 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
For proper orientation with a camera in the cockpit, you need a pan mount, and a head motion tracker. Then it is just like flying a full size aircraft.

Here is one
, there are many made by different companies, just Google Hard motion tracking, FPV.

SteveT.
Yes, that would be easier than doing separate clips of all the vantage points then editing them together (current plan). I'll look into it and see how deep I want to get into this. Thanks
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,155 Posts
Oooops....meant to say "head" tracking, not "hard" tracking....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:04 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
whats the biggest wheel you think i can run with wheel pants? like to have something to use at the farm. kinda ruff ground. grass but alil ruff.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:09 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
also i added sfgs to my buck 50. i can really tell a difference in KE flight. next i wanna try vortex gens. Got advice to use 3m double sided tape instead of Welders to secure them to the plane. When i started looking a 3M double sided tape, i found a plethora of styles and makes. Do you guys have any recommendations as to what kind of tape to get? i saw some for automotive applications but it was pretty pricey.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:39 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedoitall View Post
whats the biggest wheel you think i can run with wheel pants? like to have something to use at the farm. kinda ruff ground. grass but alil ruff.
Seems like 2" with no trimming. 2 1/4 with some trimming but let me know if you can find them anywhere, I couldn't. I tried 2 1/2 but they are just too big for the stock pants. There's always skis!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:49 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
https://www.dbproducts.com/index2.htm

his wheels came highly recommended to me. gonna order some 2.25 i guess. was wanting to go bigger but these are supposed to be alot softer. easier onthe electronics and airframe, due to less shock. supposed to be better than dubros and way better than stock. ive already broken a stocker.

i may have to break out the skis soon. by the looks of the weather. course as much rain as weve had i prolly could use skis or even floats. hehe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:08 AM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Seems like 2" with no trimming. 2 1/4 with some trimming but let me know if you can find them anywhere, I couldn't. I tried 2 1/2 but they are just too big for the stock pants. There's always skis!
where do you have to do the trimming at. looks like i could pull my pants up on the lg just a fuzz. i would have to trim on the opening on the bottom to make it work. idk tho just a thought.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:47 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
where do you have to do the trimming at. looks like i could pull my pants up on the lg just a fuzz. i would have to trim on the opening on the bottom to make it work. idk tho just a thought.
2.5", but you would have to open wheelpants.... after maiden im planing to run this plane pantless...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:50 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
soo... maiden with 920kv sunnysky and vess 13x6...what can i say....everything is trainer-like, only rolling seems...forced? its a big, chrunchy foamy!its even more harrier stable than my 60" edge, but with that stability comes downside, everything rolling 'looks' forced... i crunched my aeleron tip... thats what you get when you let plane slide down to 1' while doing inverted harrier...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
https://www.dbproducts.com/index2.htm

his wheels came highly recommended to me. gonna order some 2.25 i guess. was wanting to go bigger but these are supposed to be alot softer. easier onthe electronics and airframe, due to less shock. supposed to be better than dubros and way better than stock. ive already broken a stocker.

i may have to break out the skis soon. by the looks of the weather. course as much rain as weve had i prolly could use skis or even floats. hehe
I checked the DB wheels. How wide are they? May have trouble fitting in width wise since these pants are designed for the sport thin tires. I think the DB s are wider.