SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:10 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Rain rain go away I'd like to fly my Edge today!
+ abillion gazillions
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
ok, makes sense. Do you toss them after a bad crash (even assuming they pass all your "tests" )? I don't. Is that stupid for something that would costs less than $10 for a extensions for the whole plane? For a new Plane I always buy new, but after a crash I don't generally replace them. I am curious what is your SOP... Thanks x 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
I can't see why you would trash extensions unless there is clear stress - servo thrown from plane, bad twists or suspected stress. But just to toss them from a crash, Du know? Do you salvage servos? I'd think same reasoning as above, if it works and didn't get hammered why not use it? Just sayin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I don't replace stuff unless it is clearly broken.
Yea if it passes all tests then to me its good to go. Unless there is visible damage, even if it passes, then those get trashed.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:55 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Edge with a different view! turn down volume! First attempt at 3D POV with small key fob camera. Looking for best position to view the acro and 3D without getting people sick! Ultimate goal is to get some help filming inside and out and editing. For now what do you think of the first go around? Thanks.
3DHS 48" Edge POV RAW footage with key fob camera. (4 min 50 sec)
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:25 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Edge with a different view! turn down volume! First attempt at 3D POV with small key fob camera. Looking for best position to view the acro and 3D without getting people sick! Ultimate goal is to get some help filming inside and out and editing. For now what do you think of the first go around? Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGU-m...ature=youtu.be
most...realistic would be from inside cannopy with a custom instrument panel! :P but in front of cannopy would work aswell, no?
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:34 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,696 Posts
I liked it! I may have to be unoriginal and give it a try as well. I love the snow (may sound stupid for most) and I love the skies. Seems to work surprisingly well. How about a backwards facing view from the top of the fuse?
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:39 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,696 Posts
Sorry guys (read: Edge crowd) against my better judgment (relating to not changing winning combination etc') I ordered the 48" SV as oppose to the Blue Edge. The addict's rational? I like buying direct from 3dhs. I like that I can add a Omega 130 for $50. I like the rewards points. I like the sale price...

I will fix my Edge. I will buy a 51" Slick and a 57" Extra (if I can ever close on this house, been delayed since Dec!). I may even be tempted to buy a second Orange Edge once they get back in stock. If I don't try the SV now. I feel like I would never try it. I mean how "bad" can it be? It is from 3DHS after all .
I am looking forward for a rocket and for trying something slightly different. I think it would be handy to have something lightly different especially given the future Edges/Slicks/Extras.

This video just did it to me (tough granted this is the 65").

Arron (theKM) flies the snot out of the 3d hobby shop 65" Vyper (6 min 12 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:54 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Sorry guys (read: Edge crowd) against my better judgment (relating to not changing winning combination etc') I ordered the 48" SV as oppose to the Blue Edge. The addict's rational? I like buying direct from 3dhs. I like that I can add a Omega 130 for $50. I like the rewards points. I like the sale price...

I will fix my Edge. I will buy a 51" Slick and a 57" Extra (if I can ever close on this house, been delayed since Dec!). I may even be tempted to buy a second Orange Edge once they get back in stock. If I don't try the SV now. I feel like I would never try it. I mean how "bad" can it be? It is from 3DHS after all .
I am looking forward for a rocket and for trying something slightly different. I think it would be handy to have something lightly different especially given the future Edges/Slicks/Extras.

http://vimeo.com/10347213
than why not getting a 65? :P would shoot 2 rabbits with 1 shot... something different and something big!

and personally i liked 60EF edge better than 57"... for me its even more stable (if its even possible) in harrier, its bigger, and i could never feel the 57" hover... turnerm had both aswell, but he sold his 60"...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:57 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,696 Posts
LOL, I like the way you think.... I will get there eventually. I am working my way up to the 51" Slick and 57" Extra first...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
most...realistic would be from inside cannopy with a custom instrument panel! :P but in front of cannopy would work aswell, no?
Actually no. Without any references it is very disorienting and can be har to follow. Horizon and reference to the airframe are crucial. That's why the point rolls, inverted flight, rolls are better than vertical maneuvers. Ideally a two camera view (one forward and one out at the tip) would be ideal but Im not that motivated (yet!). The fuse looking over the wingtip will give vertical reference on the horizon. Similar to doing real Acro. You don't look over the nose to check your up line, you look out either or both wingtips to chk vertical (or you use a sighting guide- the devices attached to the tips with the 45 and 90 degree lines.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
I liked it! I may have to be unoriginal and give it a try as well. I love the snow (may sound stupid for most) and I love the skies. Seems to work surprisingly well. How about a backwards facing view from the top of the fuse?
Yes that will be part of the spliced video. Going to be some work with one camera on the plane an one outside. I have a guy at the club who is interested so look for improvements in the future! Thanks for he comments.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
LOL, I like the way you think.... I will get there eventually. I am working my way up to the 51" Slick and 57" Extra first...
i like the way i think aswell, (unfortunately my wallet does not)... well... think about it this way... if you fly airframes only from one company... its like i dont know... driving only ford? if you go on 57" on 6s 3300, after you can put the same power system in any 60" EF airframe (i THINK even helis take that size)... for a 51" slick, you most likely will go with 4s 2500-2800... perfect battery for any EF 48"...just...to broaden you horisont...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:10 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,696 Posts
I am a creature of habit. Once there is something I like, I usually don't change it. But who knows, will see...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:32 PM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
675 Posts
Looks like a good choice to me amav....that big one really ripped. Always nice to try something new....brings back the original excitement of the hobby.
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:45 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
I am a creature of habit. Once there is something I like, I usually don't change it. But who knows, will see...
i was thinking the same way for 1.5 years... now only 3dhs plane i dont want to be without is slick...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:37 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,010 Posts
No need to apologize for your SV selection. I have a red one, so it's a little better. LOL.

This one as all 3DHS airframes, is a sweet fly. Draws nice lines and also full 3D in the right hands, neither of which I can do properly yet. But I've given some yanks to some buddies who can, and this airframe sparkles!

Mine is set up more to draw lines with the motrofly 2815 1100 on 3S 2200

Enjoy!

Quote:

http://vimeo.com/10347213
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose