Sorry to hear about the crash, Arnav. Hope you can fix it

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:43 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
654 Posts
wedoitall....as far as the rudder servo stuttering...are both screws in your tail wheel bracket or only one ?...should only be the forward one installed so the bracket can pivot slightly at full throw. As for the loose ball link on the elevator that could definitely make the plane act like it has a cg issue with neutral changing at each different flight attitude.
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:46 AM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
yea i only have 1 screw. thats what i figured after i got how and saw it loose on the elevator. hope to get to fly again today.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:05 AM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfewinde View Post
Sorry to hear about the crash, Arnav. Hope you can fix it
Well, you know what that means right? More GWS fun in the meantime...
(Opps, are you allowed to say that here? )

I am excited to fix it as well as getting a new one in parallel. Hopefully the NIB Orange one will pan out. Thanks!
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:05 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Well, you know what that means right? More GWS fun in the meantime...
(Opps, are you allowed to say that here? )

I am excited to fix it as well as getting a new one in parallel. Hopefully the NIB Orange one will pan out. Thanks!
hope it works out too! if/when i crash mine youll prolly see a grown man cry.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:29 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,870 Posts
Parts for an orange one for sale:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1809270
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:48 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,535 Posts
The 48" Orange from toolman's friend didn't pan out. He changed his mind. I can't say that I blame him.

I was toying with the idea of getting a 48" vyper instead of a blue one (you know becuase of that orange/red weakness). I would like getting the Plane straight from 3dhs if I can, plus its on sale. Given my flying, I naturally I still fly straight lines in between my wannabe 3D maneuvers so might as well... I also used to practice the first flight of the day precision stuff to stay in shape (cuban, reverse cubans, humpty bump, avalanche, etc') and I stopped and this will be a good excuse to start to do so again.

I wonder why normally the SV is more expensive than the Edge. The gear would be one but what else?

I will sleep on it and order one in the AM. I am leaning towards the Edge again but feel free to apply social pressure...
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:58 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
a precision/3d plane would versatile and nice. but the edge is awesome also. hard decision.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:06 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,369 Posts
The edge and the vyper are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Edge harriers so easily and has lots of elevator authority, the vyper has a lot less elevator authority and will drop a wing in harrier if you don't do your part with rudder and aileron. The vyper does track better and thus flies patter easier, also easier to hover. So, pick the style you enjoy flying the most or pick an airframe that will force you to build better techniques...... For me, my vyper gathers dust because I can coax the edge into pattern flight, but I cannot harrier the vyper no matter how much I try. Flying pattern with the edge forces me to spend more time correcting slight yaw and pitch changes that I wouldn't have to, thus improving my flying skills.
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:12 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
The SuperVipre is not only a very good precision plane, but also holds it's own when flying most 3D, so...as long as you have no problems landing and don't "depend" on the wire gear to keep your gear on, you shouldn't have any problems with it.

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:14 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
The 48" Orange from toolman's friend didn't pan out. He changed his mind. I can't say that I blame him.

I was toying with the idea of getting a 48" vyper instead of a blue one (you know becuase of that orange/red weakness). I would like getting the Plane straight from 3dhs if I can, plus its on sale. Given my flying, I naturally I still fly straight lines in between my wannabe 3D maneuvers so might as well... I also used to practice the first flight of the day precision stuff to stay in shape (cuban, reverse cubans, humpty bump, avalanche, etc') and I stopped and this will be a good excuse to start to do so again.

I wonder why normally the SV is more expensive than the Edge. The gear would be one but what else?

I will sleep on it and order one in the AM. I am leaning towards the Edge again but feel free to apply social pressure...
If you want a good mix of precision/3d, check out the 47" SHP. The Extras (in my experience) fly VERY nice lines, and still possess the capability to get nasty.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:15 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
If you want a good mix of precision/3d, check out the 47" SHP. The Extras (in my experience) fly VERY nice lines, and still possess the capability to get nasty.
Plus 110%

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:40 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
I have an old set of SFGs off an EF extra 300 (48"). Could I re-cover these in black and use them on my Edge? If so, what modifications would be required? Thanks!
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:43 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
I have an old set of SFGs off an EF extra 300 (48"). Could I re-cover these in black and use them on my Edge? If so, what modifications would be required? Thanks!
I would think the only mod needed would be to bolt them to an Edge.

I used servo screws to hold mine on, and they survived some nasty drags/cartwheels/you name it.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:46 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
While I know that in this day and age of ARFs not everybody has any "Nyrod" control rods around, but gluing short pieces of the inner rod into the wing tips then screwing the mounting screws for the SFGs into them makes for a very nice mounting method.

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member