HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:55 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
5 weeks!
Not much flying for you these days I guess then eh? Congrats!
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:10 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,822 Posts
Quote:
Do you honestly think that Ben just hasn't gotten around to thinking about this sort of thing? I mean... he IS in this business to ultimately make money. Yes, he enjoys the hobby and it's great that he's making money on something he loves but come on man... he's in it to make money.

So if he's in it to make money don't you think he thinks through these sorts of issues? Do you envision him sitting around at home browsing the forums and then slapping himself on the forehead and saying "HOLY SH****T!!! Why didn't I think of that?? This guy is brilliant!!"

I'm pretty sure there is simply more to the equation than you are considering.
Hahahaha.... I can just see it Might have happened a time or two in the first year of business... I doubt it is happening at this point. That is too funny.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Hey guys,

I know there's been a lot of talk about spinners. I understand that 1.5 seems to be the best fit. Has anyone tried a 1.75? If so would that work or be too big.

I'm hoping to use the xoar 14x7 and will cut if I have to, but would rather not.

Thanks!
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,842 Posts
You can use one, but it is too big for the model...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
You can use one, but it is too big for the model...

SteveT
What's the best spinner to fit the 14x7 with the least modifications?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:37 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,842 Posts
None of the 1.5" will fit...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Dang, thought that'd be the case. Whats the best method to cutting one to fit? I'd think dremel or hand file.

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,842 Posts
Yup...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Thanks for the prompt help Steve! You're gonna be a valuable asset when I begin building the edge and my slick. Your collection is amazing btw!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
Thanks for the prompt help Steve! You're gonna be a valuable asset when I begin building the edge and my slick. Your collection is amazing btw!
Thank you.. always happy to help... You are also always welcome to PM me if you need help...

And if using an Omega 130 gram motor, an APC 13X7.5 is quite sufficient on this plane..

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, CT, Watertown
Joined Oct 2012
56 Posts
First Tail Drag!

Today I flew in harrier about 12" off the ground for the first time! I have been doing them about 20 ft up. Let me tell you flying low is exhilarating!! Had so much fun flying my edge 540 today! landing gear still stinks, but hey fys amazing! Thanks for everyones help! Cant wait to build my 57" extra still in the box!
Fastest3 is offline Find More Posts by Fastest3
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:07 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,842 Posts
It's amazing that the few that have problems with the gear say it stinks....and yet the rest (myself included) have no problems with it....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,248 Posts
gear gets stronger with time, when I first got this plane back in sept 2011, I was bending the gear all the time, now, 465 flights latter, 3rd motor box, same epoxied in gear, and I rarely if ever bend the gear, go figure
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:01 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
I harrier land 100% of the time and my gear never bends. You'd think harrier landings would be rougher than traditional landings.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:24 AM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
I harrier land 100% of the time and my gear never bends. You'd think harrier landings would be rougher than traditional landings.
Depends how sloppy you are

I hated the wire gear for the bending all the time, but I learned to love it for it's forgiveness and shock effect in a crash. I crashed it the first day and ruined the temper so it was weak from the start. I'd Clipped a 4ft fence with the gear at the end of the runway coming in too low for landing and nosed it into the ground. Had it been carbon gear though, it wouldn't have flexed like it did and the plane would have hit the ground directly on the nose. Got away with a broken prop and chipped cowl instead of rebuilding the motor box or worse. Pancaked the plane a month later & the gear soaked up the impact with no damage to the plane. For as much of a pain as it was every time it bent on a landing, I'm surely thankful it bent when I crashed, otherwise it wouldn't still be sitting in my hangar.

I still have yet to replace the motor box from my last incident. One of these days I'll get around to it. Been having a lot of fun with my EF Edge but I REALLY miss how this one did blenders and pop-tops. I need a whole new setup again, but I guess the longer I wait the sweeter the reunion is going to be
Motojunk is online now Find More Posts by Motojunk