Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimog View Post
Fair enough :-) Option #2 3DHS collaborates with a US based laser cutting company to satisfy the demand. Have your kits built in china since labour is much cheaper.
That is a very reasonable option. Can't see why it wouldn't work.

You could even have a program like Pilot RC. If you crash a Pilot you take pictures of the damage and email them to Pilot; Pilot RC cuts the wood needed for the repairs. You only pay the shipping for the cut wood and Pilot RC sends the repair pieces to you. If there is damage to other parts; cowl, canopy, LG, etc. you do have to pay for those.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Not so much... You bought a 3DHS plane, and subsequently crashed it. I bought an Aprilia motorcycle, an subsequently crashed it. No fault of either manufacturer, just bad luck or in my case, too much lean angle. I'm still waiting for some parts to be available a year later, you're wondering why your needed parts aren't available yet.

Seems quite parallel to me.
Yeah but you're talking about parts you could most likely not reproduce even if you wanted to in your home and had the technical drawings for. Why do you think I'm not mentioning anything about the cowling? It would require a mold to reproduce...
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:37 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
Yeah but you're talking about parts you could most likely not reproduce even if you wanted to in your home and had the technical drawings for. Why do you think I'm not mentioning anything about the cowling? It would require a mold to reproduce...
Then in that case you should feel fortunate enough to BE ABLE to reproduce parts at all instead of complain that somebody else doesn't already have it readily available to you, here and now.
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:47 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
Then in that case you should feel fortunate enough to BE ABLE to reproduce parts at all instead of complain that somebody else doesn't already have it readily available to you, here and now.
So you'd rather wait months on end instead of exploring alternate solutions to the this issue which doesn't only affect me but many others. If this had happened to me with only one of their planes I'd say it was a one of situations, in fact it's happened to 2 of planes and so it's no coincidence that 3DHS has pretty poor stock level of spare parts. I've bought 2 complete replacement airframes so far because parts where out of stock and had to source out an aftermarket solution for landing gear on my extra. We here are a large group of end users, if we all get together and suggest a viable solution to 3DHS maybe they'll listen?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:17 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
Joined May 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
So you'd rather wait months on end instead of exploring alternate solutions to the this issue which doesn't only affect me but many others. If this had happened to me with only one of their planes I'd say it was a one of situations, in fact it's happened to 2 of planes and so it's no coincidence that 3DHS has pretty poor stock level of spare parts. I've bought 2 complete replacement airframes so far because parts where out of stock and had to source out an aftermarket solution for landing gear on my extra. We here are a large group of end users, if we all get together and suggest a viable solution to 3DHS maybe they'll listen?
I broke a motor box once. The motor box kit wasn't in stock. Know what I did? Dealt with it and bought another plane that uses the same equipment because I understand that sometimes things just aren't available. 3DHS isn't some huge company with an unlimited amount of resources. It's not their fault you broke your plane, and you're lucky they even offer spare parts in the first place. Had they not even offered it, you wouldn't be complaining right now! So don't blame your misfortune on "poor customer service" by 3DHS. They're simply out of stock. If they had one to sell you I guarantee they would.

You're beating a dead horse arguing about it on these forums. It's not going to make you get your motor box quicker and it's not going to persuade 3DHS to give up their plans so that all of their parts are available or easily reproduced by another outfit at any given time. You are simply out of reason.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:19 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
I broke a motor box once. The motor box kit wasn't in stock. Know what I did? Dealt with it and bought another plane that uses the same equipment because I understand that sometimes things just aren't available. 3DHS isn't some huge company with an unlimited amount of resources. It's not their fault you broke your plane, and you're lucky they even offer spare parts in the first place. Had they not even offered it, you wouldn't be complaining right now! So don't blame your misfortune on "poor customer service" by 3DHS. They're simply out of stock. If they had one to sell you I guarantee they would.

You're beating a dead horse arguing about it on these forums. It's not going to make you get your motor box quicker and it's not going to persuade 3DHS to give up their plans so that all of their parts are available or easily reproduced by another outfit at any given time. You are simply out of reason.
That's just your opinion.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:22 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
Joined May 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
That's just your opinion.
lol, I can assure you I don't stand alone.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Whoever needs a motor box send me a pm, I have every part of the motor box scanned. I will only help you out while the parts are out of stock.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:

Good for you :-) Btw, my plane is back in one piece thanks to another user on this forum (sold me his mbox kit). It only took 6 months or so... And I already did buy 2 complete airframes, getting tired of buying the "cow" to get milk if you know what I mean...
Last edited by Minimog; Dec 12, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
It would even be better if we could order the motor box kit and other parts straight out of their factory in china, no waiting for a container to get across the pond and clear customs not to mention the time it will take for 3DHS to have enough product to fill a complete container... Yes shipping will be more expensive but at least it's a solution!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:55 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
691 Posts
48" Edge 540 for sale

If anyone is interested I'm selling my Blue 48" Edge. Only few it a few time after I built it. Too many planes and not enough time. Here's the link for it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1785300
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:59 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
Joined May 2011
605 Posts
Quote:
Good for you :-) Btw, my plane is back in one piece thanks to another user on this forum (sold me his mbox kit). It only took 6 months or so... And I already did buy 2 complete airframes, getting tired of buying the "cow" to get milk if you know what I mean...
But you are blaming it on poor customer service. That is simply out of reason.

They made a product. You purchased it and broke it on your own accord. They don't owe you anything but a thanks for buying their product. They offer replacement parts when they can to HELP YOU get in the air again while most other companies dont, which other people obviously appreciated as they're sold out. You just had bad timing. If they didn't have the plane for you to buy in the first place, you wouldn't be complaining about poor customer service. If you ordered something that was defective and they took forever replacing it, or you ordered something "in stock" that really wasn't in stock and was never notified about it, you'd have a much more rationale reason to complain about poor customer service. You are simply upset about something that is unavailable to you, which everybody can understand.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,842 Posts
Quote:
It would even be better if we could order the motor box kit and other parts straight out of their factory in china, no waiting for a container to get across the pond and clear customs not to mention the time it will take for 3DHS to have enough product to fill a complete container... Yes shipping will be more expensive but at least it's a solution!
Now this one take the cake....Oy Vey!!!

If you owned a company, and said company started selling the products that you have designed, how would you like it?

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
But you are blaming it on poor customer service. That is simply out of reason.

They made a product. You purchased it and broke it on your own accord. They don't owe you anything but a thanks for buying their product. They offer replacement parts when they can to HELP YOU get in the air again, which other people obviously appreciated as they're sold out. You just had bad timing. If they didn't have the plane for you to buy in the first place, you wouldn't be complaining about poor customer service. If you ordered something that was defective and they took forever replacing it, or you ordered something "in stock" that really wasn't in stock and was never notified about it, you'd have a much more rationale reason to complain about poor customer service. You are simply upset about something that is unavailable to you, which everybody can understand.
I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining, I'm expressing my frustration to them (I know they read these forums) so that they consider doing something different in order to give the end user a better experience.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:11 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Now this one take the cake....Oy Vey!!!

If you owned a company, and said company started selling the products that you have designed, how would you like it?

SteveT
Not sure what you're getting at??? Doesn't 3DHS own their facility in china? If not then I simply don't see the reason why they can't have a similar arrangement with a us based company for the spare parts? And why are you constantly attacking me? I'm simply brain storming with yourself and other owners on a better solution to an existing problem.