HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:11 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
The other thing you could do if you have a printed version of it would be to just scan it with a ruler in the picture and he can re-draw it in about 10 minutes. I'll send you a pm with my email though, I just don't know whether he will be able to open the file or not. I'll be in touch either way.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:19 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Putnam View Post
The file is a .dwg file. Can't upload it here. Send me a pm with your email adress and I will gladly send you the file.

Matt
Matt - can you get some of these made for me and I'll swing by your way and pick them up??
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:43 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,891 Posts
Quote:
I had National Balsa do the cutting for me. They also cut the ply gear mount box.

Matt
I recently had them laser cut a new motor box I designed for the 70" Velox, and they did a good job.

Quote:
Tip plate matches perfectly to the wing. There are laser cut ply pieces that fill in the square cutouts. These make hard points for the mounting screws to go into.
Very nice!!

Quote:
The file is a .dwg file. Can't upload it here. Send me a pm with your email adress and I will gladly send you the file.

Matt
If you have a scanner, you could, if you like scan a print of your .dwg file, and save it as a .pdf file, which will print to the correct size. Of course since you drew them, you also might like to have National cut you a few and sell them....I am sure many people would like to have some.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:03 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,046 Posts
Anyone looking for a deal on a Omega 130g motor? This was all bought the end of Sept and only has 128 flights on it. The motor never was crashed and in fact never had a broken prop with it. I am moving up in size.

Omega 130g motor, Extreme Flight Airboss 45A ESC, and 4 Falcon props (2 used and 2 new in the packaging 2 ea. 13x6.5 and 14x7)

New $205 will sell shipped in the conus $110
Goes to the first
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:58 AM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,068 Posts
For those that requested...

Here is a full size .pdf of the SFG.

Matt
M.Putnam is offline Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:35 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,140 Posts
20 flights on new Edge now. All is going well, love it as much or more than the other 3. HS-85MG arrived today to replace the HS-82MG I bought by mistake. Knock on wood no gear bends yet. I put the balsa covers on this one but left the pants off for now. The covers/fairings or what ever they are called do seem to be doing a good job keeping the wire gear from flexing. Still toying with the idea of that OS .25 960 KV motor. May still come to my senses.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, MI, Allegan
Joined Aug 2012
684 Posts
I've got four on mine now. It harriers and does knife edge with ease. The wire gear sucks though. Already bent. I trimmed the wood based on what I saw in this thread so my fuse is not damaged. I think I'm going to repair the gear from my deceased Vyper and use that instead.

Also, the blue one is hard to see. Has anyone put white covering on the underside of the wings over top of the translucent blue?
TimmyC is offline Find More Posts by TimmyC
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:06 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
I have not had trouble seeing my blue one... only around sunset.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:28 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
I've got four on mine now. It harriers and does knife edge with ease. The wire gear sucks though. Already bent. I trimmed the wood based on what I saw in this thread so my fuse is not damaged. I think I'm going to repair the gear from my deceased Vyper and use that instead.

Also, the blue one is hard to see. Has anyone put white covering on the underside of the wings over top of the translucent blue?
I think I may change mine to be like my slick wing is on the underside as I too sometimes have that issue.
Mach3 is online now Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:10 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,891 Posts
I just stuck a couple of large circles of "holographic" vinyl on the bottom of each wing of mine....no problems seeing it now...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:00 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,140 Posts
My first Edge was the blue one and on the ground I thought it was beautiful. In the air on a clear day it turned invisible on me several times when I would look down at my timer and then back up at the plane. I have pretty good eyes for an old fart and it freaked me out each time. Not sure why light blue on the underside of a plane seemed like a good idea to anyone. I dumb thumbed my blue Edge before I came up with a anti-stealth solution and have flown the orange ones ever since. My Franken Edge has a blue fuselage and tail feathers but orange wings, cowl and canopy and never goes invisible as it is too darn ugly.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:27 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
Maybe I have just gotten really used to how mine looks in the air. In fact I have had a blue edge sinced I pre-ordered in the first batch.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:19 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,140 Posts
Nate is this you in the video?

3dhs 48" edge maiden (7 min 29 sec)
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:23 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
Yes indeed that is my first flight on a 48" edge. Man that was a long old time ago too bad I piled that plane in on the next flight after this one ... ended up getting a new motor box and then a couple hundred more flights until I finally crashed it hard trying a rolling loop in some major wind. After that I got the one I currently have.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:24 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,140 Posts
Has anyone seen the Emerson HD Action Cam ? I picked one up at Big Lots Saturday for 39.99 on a whim. Kind of a poor mans' GoPro. My crappy key chain camera gave up the ghost a while back so I gave this a try. Rigging up a new hat cam. Tried to get some video today even though the weather was dismal. Much better quality than the key chain camera, but I had it aimed wrong so mostly I missed my Stryker. Will adjust the angle and try again tomorrow.