SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:54 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Great job on the SFG's, like that pvc stand too. Something I have been meaning to try too. Made a set for my PZ Extra 300 that worked just fine but didn't look nearly as nice. I might put a set on my Franken Edge.

Newest Edge arrived safely yesterday afternoon. Didn't get started yet due to wife and I getting some devastating news at work the night before. Made the very last house payment on Thursday. Went to work that night only to find out without any warning that our jobs and 26 others had been eliminated effective 12/01/12 due to the poor economy. Both of us are still kind of in shock. We were given a semi-decent severance package, better than I expected but not as good as it might have been. Sorry to air my personal problems here. Not really the place for it at all. Wife has her support group of friends, family and farcebook people. No pity or sympathy required just wanted to vent a bit. Guess my point is you never really know what is going to happen so make the most out each and every day. Please forgive me for bumming anyone out.
That really sucks man. But just step back and look at what's happened... You just paid off your house so that's behind you. It's never a good time for something like this to happen but this is a better time than most. Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure you'll bounce back quickly and you will probably wind up better off in the long run! Good luck!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:45 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
OK, here you go. Good Luck.

You might want to wait for my flight report to see if it was worth the time! I have a feeling it will be.
awesome! i'll try to build them as soon as i can!
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:46 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
OK, here you go. Good Luck.

You might want to wait for my flight report to see if it was worth the time! I have a feeling it will be.
oh wait a minute. i cut off the corners!
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:52 AM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
My wife lost her job one and a half years ago, she worked at Sony for 20 yrs.and was well paid. It hurts to lose a job but other doors have opened. She is now collecting unemployment and going to school to become a LPN and will finish her schooling in April. Opportunities are out there so don't be too bummed.

Good luck.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:25 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
[QUOTE=MARCOELDRAGON;23410231]Great job on the SFG's, like that pvc stand too. Something I have been meaning to try too. Made a set for my PZ Extra 300 that worked just fine but didn't look nearly as nice. I might put a set on my Franken Edge.

Newest Edge arrived safely yesterday afternoon. Didn't get started yet due to wife and I getting some devastating news at work the night before. Made the very last house payment on Thursday. Went to work that night only to find out without any warning that our jobs and 26 others had been eliminated effective 12/01/12 due to the poor economy. Both of us are still kind of in shock.

Opportunities and intercession are strange bedfellows sometimes. Plane arrived- something for you to do as you look for an "open door" that will be much healthier than going to the bar or some other vice. House paid off! A huge burden (financial) has been lifted off your back. I'm assuming health is ok for you both. Last but not least you have friends and family. I'd say you have choices not devistating news! Not preaching just trying to "glass half full" for you. Good luck taking advantage of opportunity. No matter what you believe, I've found that His or The "plan" often doesn't line up exactly with our plan.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:37 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Marco, I am sorry to hear. I wish you a lot of good luck. If it makes you feel just a little better, after so many years of renting only now I am trying to buy my first home. I am not sure what field you are in but if it is IT, I can put you in touch with my wife really good friend if it helps. She is a recruiter for a big national IT staffing company. Hang in there...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by arnav; Dec 01, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:27 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
414 Posts
Sorry to hear about you sad news Marco !
As the other guys have said you can look at it as a fresh start.I'm glad to hear your house is paid off aleast as that should help a bit, good luck on the job hunt.
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,032 Posts
I am also sorry to hear of the news Marco, but at least one thing about it, is that your home is now paid off, so, you don't have to worry about that...And....yes, we are your support group, so, no worries about bumming us out, we all have to have somebody to vent to once in a while...so here we are...vent away...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:43 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,165 Posts
Thank you all very much for the kind words. The shock is starting to wear off and I'm getting to feel better about the whole thing. Truth is we both hated that job so in the long run something good will come of it. In the meantime I have more opportunities to hone my feeble flying skills. Thanks to all for being my "facebook"!

Getting started on the new Edge build later on this evening, went and picked up last few pieces from LHS today. Putting a genuine Spektrum RX in for a change and 3 HS-65mg and one HS-85mg like some of you are using. Hope to do the maiden in the afternoon Sunday as it is supposed to be nearly 60 degrees.
MARCOELDRAGON is online now Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:50 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Thank you all very much for the kind words. The shock is starting to wear off and I'm getting to feel better about the whole thing. Truth is we both hated that job so in the long run something good will come of it. In the meantime I have more opportunities to hone my feeble flying skills. Thanks to all for being my "facebook"!

Getting started on the new Edge build later on this evening, went and picked up last few pieces from LHS today. Putting a genuine Spektrum RX in for a change and 3 HS-65mg and one HS-85mg like some of you are using. Hope to do the maiden in the afternoon Sunday as it is supposed to be nearly 60 degrees.
Dude, with your house paid off, and the fact that you didn't even like the job anyway, think of this as a blessing. Take the holiday season off, enjoy some personal time (i.e. at the field) and start your new job search (for one that you'll actually like) after the first of the year. Any half way decent severence should cover you easily for a month or two off, especially without a mortgage.

Best of luck.
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:35 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Maiden went well today. Awesome plane. First balsa airframe and I am truly impressed and happy with it. Took some video of the 2nd flight. Had a small wheel pant issue and decided now that i would just take them off for now.

48 Edge Maiden Day 2nd flight (5 min 57 sec)
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:16 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
Great 2nd flight, I know I sure wasn't that low on my second flight, nicely done
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:21 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Thanks man. I just decided to go for it and get daring. Was so comfortable in the air with it. Went out and flew a couple more flights later in the afternoon and went crazy with it. Lol. S awesome. No video of the afternoon flights but maybe will get some tomorrow. Will have wife shoot the video. My father isn't exactly the best at filming. Hahaha.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, CT, Watertown
Joined Oct 2012
56 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354412266.175718.jpg
Views: 54
Size: 186.2 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354412278.270932.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 194.6 KB
Description: