HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
I have an emax motor from headsuprc.com and I have really enjoyed it. I can't remember which one it is though.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:10 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
We got side tracked talking about the headsuprc ones as Steve was looking for a motor for a foamy not for the Edge. I am using the Omega in my Edge as well.
I am using their "power up" not the "firepower" so not sure. I agree about the amps and prop size point. I maxed their power 15 motor with an 11x8 prop and 500W of power where it would come down hot to the touch. I am trying a prop with a less aggressive pitch on it now (again, not for the Edge).
I think your feedback would help brathanke who after that conversation was considering putting one in his Edge....
I didn't notice the 25 from hurc doesn't come with a bolt on prop adapter. I know the eflite does so that is a let-down.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:16 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,783 Posts
are you sure? I just headed over to the e-flite site and didn't see anything mentioned about a bolt-on... Maybe there is an "after-market" one.

I can't believe these are coming off for people (scary thought tough). Mine are sometimes impossible to take off! Maybe people replace the shafts and don't stick them out enough or don't tighten their props enough.
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:33 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
I have found that it can be difficult to get some of the collets to go on straight as well. I am not a fan of them either. Bolt on is the only way to go. Perhaps I was thinking of another knock-off that had a bolt on. I know hobbypartz had one because my brother is using it.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
I ended up getting a tacon bigfoot 25. They are on sale for $20 right now at hobbypartz.com. $25 shipped!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:46 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,442 Posts
I have this motor in my 48" edge, video above of it flying, and my 48" epp extra, great motor and has a bolt on prop adapter

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=188
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:12 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
It looks nice but it isn't $20
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
I have this motor in my 48" edge, video above of it flying, and my 48" epp extra, great motor and has a bolt on prop adapter

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=188
Seriously? That's the motor you were using in the video? That's a fantastic bargain and it seemed to perform quite well! Dang... I may sell my Omega 130 that I've got on my 48" EPP Yak and put one of these in there. Or better yet, I'll sell one of my Omega 130's, put a motrofly in my Edge and put that SunnySky in my EPP. For $35... that's hard to beat!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:40 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Seriously? That's the motor you were using in the video? That's a fantastic bargain and it seemed to perform quite well! Dang... I may sell my Omega 130 that I've got on my 48" EPP Yak and put one of these in there. Or better yet, I'll sell one of my Omega 130's, put a motrofly in my Edge and put that SunnySky in my EPP. For $35... that's hard to beat!
I just put a $20 Exceed Rocket motor in my dad's Edge and it hauls the mail. I fumbled a hand catch and bent the prop adapter on his Hacker A30-14L so I put the Exceed motor on for kicks until I get a new adapter. It works really well & hard to beat at around $25 shipped. http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb92-3020-950kv.html It's only 145g too. That Tacon Bigfoot 25 is 170g I believe, so it's a little less bulky than that.
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:00 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
I just put a $20 Exceed Rocket motor in my dad's Edge and it hauls the mail. I fumbled a hand catch and bent the prop adapter on his Hacker A30-14L so I put the Exceed motor on for kicks until I get a new adapter. It works really well & hard to beat at around $25 shipped. http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb92-3020-950kv.html It's only 145g too. That Tacon Bigfoot 25 is 170g I believe, so it's a little less bulky than that.
Man... those are crazy good deals for motors that actually work that well!

I'm a big motrofly fan now since I've recently put their motors on two of my planes (57" Extra and 51" Slick) but there's definitely a spot in my hangar for some of these lower end motors for sure!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
676 Posts
Quote:

I'm a big motrofly fan now since I've recently put their motors on two of my planes (57" Extra and 51" Slick) but there's definitely a spot in my hangar for some of these lower end motors for sure!
Yeah, for sure! I've got the Motrolfly DM2820-750 in my 48" EF MXS and I absolutely love it. Smoothest running motor I've had experience with. I'm on my 2nd one unfortunately but with how much hard tumbling I do I'd say it lasted longer than I expected. I've had that Exceed Rocket motor in my PA Extra 260 and it was extremely quick on a 13x5 VOX. Currently it's on the Edge with a 13x6 ProTek running Sky Lipo 40c 3s 3300's and it moves just like it did with the Hacker using the same prop on 40c 4s 2200's. If I take it out this weekend sometime I'll try to get some video.
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
525 Posts
Quote:

I've used several of the smaller Exceed Rocket motors, one in my 40" Edge and one in my 48" Edge. Both were under $20 and performed excellent.

For over a year I've had the Tacon 110 in my 71" Slick, great performance for $60.
Capt. Roll is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:55 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
thing with that motor is that my omega screwholes on my 48"sc didnt line up with this motors mount... not off by far but thats for me a dealbreaker to put in pre-drilled firewall planes... if firewall is not predrilled, its a steal!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:07 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
thing with that motor is that my omega screwholes on my 48"sc didnt line up with this motors mount... not off by far but thats for me a dealbreaker to put in pre-drilled firewall planes... if firewall is not predrilled, its a steal!
interesting, mine fit with out any modification, one of the reasons I got the sunnysky, I had the omega 130g originally and bent the can in a crash so I bought the sunnysky and it has be great for the past 200+ flights.

I thinking I'm going to tear this plane down and redo everything, the servos have some slop, the pull-pull wires have no more room to tighten, if flys great, just wondering how much better it would fly with new digital servos and fresh set-up
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,734 Posts
Quote:

good motors. Its what i use in my edge.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer